*Truck and Towing thread........ask your questions here.*

Ha, just feel my pain, my truck has a 4.88. It's slow like a 18 wheeler off the line towing the 5er, but once I get to rolling it will "carry the mail" as my papaw use to say.
Do you have the 16.5 rims like the semi trailers? Most of the guys running the "big" wheels want the 4.88s to off set the taller tire. 4.88s on my truck would mean I topped out about 75 mph hitting the rev limiter. But the pull off the line would be great!

j

Pull through... yeah... Only being at the fort 3 times. My last site was one of the toughest sites I got to deal with camping wise. If my truck was a long bed or the trailer was longer, I do not think I would have been about to get the combo in. The site was practically 90 degrees to the travel lane. To make matters worse, there were a collection receptacles right at the turn point across the site and a drainage ditch to right of the site. I got the trailer in there, in the dark and on auto piloted brain. One of my summer trips, we camp in a huge field. No worries of backing up. Just pull in and around to a spot. Pull out when you are done.

There are many diesels, this one is mine....
IMG_6516 (1024x683).jpg

Hiding behind the truck is our 2015 Bullet Travel Trailer.

Oh yeah good looking rig there PaHunter, you shouldn't even know that camper is behind you! That's a good thing unless you have a heavy foot like me, then it's not so good!

I try to keep it light. Usually right about 72 is my maximum. If I want to go fast I have a Hayabusa for that. :-)

Hayabusa!? I hear ya! I'm the same way! All my buddies with their 3/4 ton diesels always wanna race, I got a Corvette for that!

I have a race car for that.

1042_38579328596_6703_n.jpg

And another at Watkins Glen just because,

1042_38666658596_2151_n.jpg

There are many diesels, this one is mine....
View attachment 139539

Hiding behind the truck is our 2015 Bullet Travel Trailer.
Not just a nice rig, it looks like a nice setup for parking/maintenance too. I currently don't have a good location at my residence to store my TT. (Dirt driveway that's not even close to being level.) I'd like to build a "Pole Barn" (or similar) to keep it in. Ah... Dreams. Build a pole barn or another trip to WDW? Decisions... Decisions.

Yeah, same decisions here. This year however, I am committed to the pole barn. Tired of watching my condo on the beach and cabin in the mountains sit out in the weather.

That's an interesting perspective. I may have to adopt that, although I am more a "Cabin in the mountain" guy then I am a "Condo on the Beach" one. We are planing our November 2016 Trip (Postponed from November of 2015, again postponed from April 2016. Hopefully not postponed again.) but I might be able to do some "Prep" for the Pole Barn/Garage in the meantime. (dig it out and get the foundation and pad poured.)

I have a race car for that.

1042_38579328596_6703_n.jpg

And another at Watkins Glen just because,

1042_38666658596_2151_n.jpg

Locally here we have The Giants Despair run that happens around July. It is a blast for us non racers to watch and well I bet a fun drive also.

Hey, I pull my beast of a trailer with only 4 and she does well. Though 6 is in the future.

Only 4 ???

Yep! With the added benefit of letting my wife drive to the store without fear major body damage. :) Unfortunately, these 4 tires cost more than having 6 replaced on my old dually.

Side note: Going with the 285/65R20 BFG's gave me 3860lbs per tire which is an upgrade over the stock 18's (3500lbs per tire) normally found on SRW 3500s. I swapped those stockers out at dealer with High Country 20's from a 2500HD and pansy tires rated around 3100lbs a piece.

I am currently on 275/65/20 Terragrapplers, load on them are 3748. May get them again as these are nearly worn out after 40k miles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!