Trial Run for Dogs in Resort Rooms

Do you think dogs should be allowed in guests' rooms?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose you probably know this but just chose to make this comment to continue to be snarky. But just in case, “man’s best friend” is meant that as another species dogs are the most useful to humans (cat ppl may disagree ;)) not that ppl are best friends with their dogs. However, whether some ppl like it or not, many ppl have children, family members & other human companions but still also love their dogs & other pets. We as humans have the capacity to achieve all of this.
I didn't mean it to be snarky and I have no problem with others who love their pets. In fact, I'd much rather see someone love his pet than mistreat his pet. What I was TRYING to convey was that not everyone shares the PP's affection for pets. I'm more of a human-lover myself.

@lorilclevelandrn So sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she is recovering. Please take the time to send an email to WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com and George.Kalogridis@disney.com

I appreciate ur kind words! We have been overwhelmed w/ well wishes from amazing family and friends, old friends and new friends, thanks to dis board!

In addition, thank u for the recommendation to send an email. We are fairly new to disney. I called yesterday and they gave me general customer service. I had planned on inquiring about it this afternoon. Again, thank U!

Have a blessed day!

FYI.., just thought I would share. The 2nd picture was post op. The wound was much deeper than wide nearly exposing bone per Pedi Plastc Surgeon.

Attachments

• 68819FAF-4566-45CB-89FB-30A6AFC6C34B.jpeg
    68819FAF-4566-45CB-89FB-30A6AFC6C34B.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 64
  • EFE4DCAE-D148-44FC-8EDD-F1EFAF77D674.jpeg
    EFE4DCAE-D148-44FC-8EDD-F1EFAF77D674.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 58
I appreciate ur kind words! We have been overwhelmed w/ well wishes from amazing family and friends, old friends and new friends, thanks to dis board!

In addition, thank u for the recommendation to send an email. We are fairly new to disney. I called yesterday and they gave me general customer service. I had planned on inquiring about it this afternoon. Again, thank U!

Have a blessed day!

FYI.., just thought I would share. The 2nd picture was post op. The wound was much deeper than wide nearly exposing bone per Pedi Plastc Surgeon.

:hug: I hope your daughter makes a speedy recovery!

Have a blessed day!

I am so incredibly sorry for the attack on your daughter, what anguish and pain you are both going through. My thoughts and prayers are heading your way for a speedy and full recovery!

Again, thank u all a million. She is enjoying me reading to her all the sweet responses. We feel extremely blessed and lucky considering how very, very close he came to her eye. U can see n image below...

Attachments

• E84C23B6-9E0E-4677-B672-9F7F2D1D4F78.jpeg
    E84C23B6-9E0E-4677-B672-9F7F2D1D4F78.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 24
Again, thank u all a million. She is enjoying me reading to her all the sweet responses. We feel extremely blessed and lucky considering how very, very close he came to her eye. U can see n image below...

Good for you and your daughter for finding the positive in all of this. :goodvibes
Unprovoked dog attacks are especially scary when you don't see them coming. :hug:

Have a blessed day!

Oh, that poor kiddo. Those photos broke my heart. Best wishes for continued physical and emotional healing. :hug:

Have a blessed day!

Oh my goodness, the poor little sweetheart. I hope she has a speedy recovery, both physically and emotionally.

I am so sorry this happened to your little girl. My daughter was bitten in the face by a dog a few days before her first birthday (family pet of 12 years who had never once bitten anyone or even another dog). She has no memory of it, so no residual fear of dogs. Her face was very bruised and her tear duct was missed by a very small margin. My daughter is now 14 and the remaining scar is quite faint.

I hope you have a magical trip to WDW and she heals quickly, in all respects.

I don't think that's at all indicative. I know a lot of people on FB who don't know that anything exists beyond "Like". And in fact, sometimes people on FB like a post they disagree with.

"My pet died, I'm devastated". 63 likes.
Just look at the poll at the top of this page if you want to see a true picture of how people are feeling about this.

I emailed Disney outlining *my* thoughts, and opinions, and some of the things this policy will change about our upcoming holiday.

I did not get a form e mail in return, I got an email arranging a convenient time for them to call me to discus it further. (They couldn't just randomly call as there are time differences to consider)

If they do actually call me on Thursday as arranged, then, at least I have a chance to explain how I feel. I may not be staying at a dog resort, and we are certainly not the people they are targeting for business, but, we got married in the YC, our trip this time is so that my husband, who now has leukaemia can take both his kids to WDW, and show them where we got married. We won't be making the trip over to the YC now as both my son and I are asthmatic, and don't want dogs to trigger this on holiday. I can't care for my autistic son, and my husband with leukaemia if I have to spend time being nebulised. Also some of our party are afraid of bigger dogs - we had a very bad experience with a German Shepherd when the kids ere smaller. It's a shame. It's also something we didn't know when we booked. Just the same as the GF main pool with the slide (being something my kids were really looking forward to using) being closed during our trip is not something we knew when we booked. We can't do our trip over, as this is the chance to go while we can all travel together, and we can't have got married somewhere else. We have to stay on the monorail loop, it is a dream for my husband and son, and the former needs the easy transport these days, so I'm not looking to be moved or anything. I just want them to know that their decisions have impact.

I also feel that dogs less trained than service dogs and kids in an environment like WDW is an accident waiting to happen. And the roll out was appalling.

This is a trial, so expressing opinions is possibly useful to Disney. Like I say, I hope they DO call as arranged, and I can share what I feel.

if you are happy about this change, that's a valid opinion too, and you should feel as inclined to call and say so.
I don't want to read through all 177 pages of this thread. Can you give me the contact information? I would like to send an email to voice my concerns. I have severe allergies to dogs (hair and dander). Within 5 minutes of being in a room that has had a dog in it, I will break out in hives and suffer an asthma attack. No matter how much WDW claim the room is going to be cleaned there will be residual hair and dander left behind. Thankfully I am not staying in any of the resorts affected by this but that could change if WDW decides to extend this policy to other resorts.

I don't want to read through all 177 pages of this thread. Can you give me the contact information? I would like to send an email to voice my concerns. I have severe allergies to dogs (hair and dander). Within 5 minutes of being in a room that has had a dog in it, I will break out in hives and suffer an asthma attack. No matter how much WDW claim the room is going to be cleaned there will be residual hair and dander left behind. Thankfully I am not staying in any of the resorts affected by this but that could change if WDW decides to extend this policy to other resorts.
Ensusieasm nicely posted the email addresses in the past. Thank you for providing them so I would share my positive comments.

WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com
And cc these folks too:
Robert.a.iger@disney.com
Robert.Chapek@disney.com
George.Kalogridis@disney.com

I am so sorry for your little girl. I hope she heals well. I was bitten in almost the same place when I was three ...

Mine was different than your poor daughter as it was t really just a random attack in my case. I suffered A bite to the cheek and a clawed eye. It was my cousins dog I knew well. Unbeknown to us the dog ... A black poodle ... Was going blind. I apparently approached in its blind spot and the poor thing was scared and turned on me out of fear. It was a dog I apparently played with often. I had several stitches on my face and I. The corner of my eye. For a long time I was very scared of dogs ... And am still irrationally scared of poodles. In my case it was because the dog was afraid. At the end of the day they are animals and can always be unpredictable especially if scared for whatever reason.

I finally received a call back from Sarah at Disney World with the answers to my emailed questions. I need to emphasize that she was very respectful and seemed to at least convey concern on the phone.

She advised that she was not able to provide the answers in writing, as she had promised. She could only relay verbal answers.

At each and every answer, I sought clarification but, with few exceptions, she only repeated answers. She seemed to be reading from a prepared list of written answers.

I had asked why Disney World used to cite health and safety as their rational against non-service dogs in their resorts but now do not not have those concerns. Specifically, I asked what changed in the interim to cause Disney to now allow non-service dogs in some of their resorts. Sarah advised that Disney World takes the health and safety of their guests very seriously. This didn't answer the question.

I had asked about the lack of size and breed restrictions and the potential danger that could ensue. Sarah advised that Disney is ready for dangerous contingencies -- onsite Security and Animal Control.

I had asked what well-behaved meant. Sarah did not have a specific answer aside from stating that owners are expected to control their dogs. She stated that consequences would be removal of the dog. If there are no facilities for removing the dog, the guests would be expected to leave. She did not advise on what particular infractions would lead to these penalties.

I had asked about prevention of fleas and ticks. Sarah advised that rooms would be deep-cleaned. I told her that a deep-clean may not remove all fleas/ticks. She advised again that Disney would conduct deep-cleans of the rooms.

I had asked about the enforcement of the unattended seven hour limit on dogs in the rooms. I specifically noted that there doesn't seem to be a realistic method for enforcing this rule. Sarah advised that Disney is able to track time on unattended dogs but was unable to reveal exactly how Disney will track guests that leave dogs in their rooms unattended.

I asked about the enforcement of the 30 minute rule on addressing loud dogs. When speaking with Sarah, I told her that it was simply very unrealistic to expect anybody to come back if they are off-site within 30 minutes. She advised that if transportation was preventing a guest from coming back to a resort within the time limit, Disney will allow room for error and not strictly enforce a 30 minute time limit. If a guest proceeds to enjoy additional attractions after being asked to return to address a loud dog, then the 30 minute time limit will be strictly enforced.

She did advise that the 30 minute timer starts from the time a Guest is informed of the situation. She wasn't able to provide specifics of what the penalties were.

I had asked about Dogs not being allowed in public spaces and the ability of Disney World to enforce this. She advised that Cast Members will be available and proactive in preventing dogs from being taken into food courts, public paths, etc. She could not answer whether this meant an increase in Cast Members, their redeployment, etc.

She advised that most of the feedback has been opposition to the policy and said there was no guarantee that the trial period would last a full year.

Those were the answers. Unfortunately, they were mostly vague and did little to inspire confidence. The only alternative is just to avoid these resorts and cross our fingers that that additional resorts are not added later.

Have a blessed day!

Such a sweet beautiful face. That breaks my heart to see that. I pray she is mending both in body and in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter