Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

We have a trip booked last weekend of September. I had done the club level with the idea of extra fast passes.

Will there still be the option for club level guests if regular fast passes are not offered on Star Wars rides?
We won’t know this for sure until the first guests would be close to have their CL FP window open, but I don’t see how they could logistically do CL FP for this attraction without a FP line. They’ve already announced unequivocally that there won’t be FPs. So, my guess is that they need to include the SW rides into FPs for the CL FP to work at SWGE.

They have announced that SW attractions will be included in EMH. When I went to TSL EMH, they started daily at 7 am. I think that’s the advantage that being onsite will get you. But, you’ll miss out on the CL breakfast offerings.

We have a trip booked last weekend of September. I had done the club level with the idea of extra fast passes.

Will there still be the option for club level guests if regular fast passes are not offered on Star Wars rides?

Well, no one knows because Disney has not announced anything. The current test program is only for fastpasses. If there are no fastpasses available for SW, that would mean the program in it’s current state would not apply to those rides.

Will there be some other paid access program? We’ll all wait & see I guess.

But the possibility of getting a jump on the fastpasses sure has helped book club level rooms for Disney. Not many CL rooms left for the fall.

I’m really curious about this too. I’d imagine if there’s no fast pass line for the rides, they won’t be included as an option when you go to book CL fast passes. That’s just a guess. Hopefully they’ll announce something regarding the program in the coming weeks. CL guests booked for the August opening will be able to make fast pass selections in May. I would hope those guests would get answers to some of these questions, if the program sticks around.

I would guess this is doubtful. I’d be shocked if they sold FPs for a ride that they weren’t offering regular FPs for. And I really think they shouldn’t.

But the possibility of getting a jump on the fastpasses sure has helped book club level rooms for Disney. Not many CL rooms left for the fall.
Huh. That kind of supports my theory that putting heads in (deluxe hotel) beds is what this whole club level FP endeavor is all about. Eventually they will have FP for SW:GE, and the demand will be at least as high as it was for Pandora. That means there will soon be several desirable rides that can't be reliably booked at 60 days - SDD, FOP, Smuggler's Run, Rise of the Resistance, the Tron coaster, MMRR, 7DMT. And they're spread across all of the parks, which makes club level FP even more useful. Not all of these will stay in such high demand, probably, but look how long FOP has been in that category.

Last edited:
Huh. That kind of supports my theory that putting heads in (deluxe hotel) beds is what this whole club level FP endeavor is all about. Eventually they will have FP for SW:GE, and the demand will be at least as high as it was for Pandora. That means there will soon be several desirable rides that can't be reliably booked at 60 days - SDD, FOP, Smuggler's Run, Rise of the Resistance, the Tron coaster, MMRR, 7DMT. And they're spread across all of the parks, which makes club level FP even more useful. Not all of these will stay in such high demand, probably, but look how long FOP has been in that category.
But that eventually will be pretty far in the future. Doesn't sound like it would be this Fall. They updated the FAQ to specify that RotR won't have FP either. I would imagine they won't start running one with FP and one without.

Q.
Will Disney FastPass+ service be offered for the attractions at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge?
A.
No. Disney FastPass+ service will not initially be offered for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, opening August 29, 2019, or Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, which will open later this year. We will continually evaluate our operations and services in order to help provide a great Guest experience.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/fast-pass-plus/star-wars-galaxys-edge-fastpass/

When will packages open for Feb rooms? This summer right? Do they announce a date or is it just one day you can book them?

But that eventually will be pretty far in the future. Doesn't sound like it would be this Fall. They updated the FAQ to specify that RotR won't have FP either. I would imagine they won't start running one with FP and one without.

Q.
Will Disney FastPass+ service be offered for the attractions at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge?
A.
No. Disney FastPass+ service will not initially be offered for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, opening August 29, 2019, or Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, which will open later this year. We will continually evaluate our operations and services in order to help provide a great Guest experience.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/fast-pass-plus/star-wars-galaxys-edge-fastpass/
Well, to me, 2020 isn't pretty far into the future. :)

I just read a rumor that Disney is looking to go to a paid fastpass system park wide, not just the extra CL perk. Has anyone read the same?

This makes me sad, I have a CL stay in August, I was looking forward to this 3 extra option.
I just read through the thread. I guess we always wondered if the CL FP program was a pilot for something bigger. I won't "freak out" until I hear it's official. I'm curious now how it would affect us, specifically how we chose to book our room. If I didn't have to have a CL qualifying room, but could still purchase something that would work for us, I will not be happy.

Keep in mind it's only a rumor, but there's a reason people have called it a "toxic" change.

Good point but I will back the heck out of a club level booking if it means no option to purchase fast passes. I’m keeping everything as is for the moment until we here firm details. As always with Disney we will adjust our plans accordingly to suit our needs as they change the rules along the way. The only thing we are locked into at this point is 4 day hoppers and trip dates since our flights are booked and our trip precedes our cruise. Not married to anything beyond that if Disney flips the script.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter