Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

Has anyone else had an issue not being able to modify their regular FPs prior to the 60 day mark?

I think this will be the new normal (since the FP system changes last week). The way the FP windows were coded has changed. Once you get inside your 60 day window, you should be able to modify them. And in the meantime, call DSS. The ones crucial to get "perfect"t before your 60 day window are SDD/FOP/7DMT, of course.

Help CL FP planners! I have been through the ringer settling on the date of our next trip. After TONS of back and forth, we settled on arriving on Wednesday, November 6th and checking out on Monday, November 11th at Dolphin in a CL qualifying suite. We were going to purchase CL FPs for three days - Friday 8th, Saturday, 9th and Sunday, 10th. We just booked flights one week ago.

JUST TODAY - hubby found out he needs to be in Orlando for business Monday, November 5th - Thursday, 7th. Since his room is paid for (Coronado), me and the kids would stay with him for Wednesday night and Thursday night and then check into Dolphin (CL qualifying room) on Friday, the 8th. So our CL qualifying stay will now be Friday, November 8th - Monday, November 11th (3 nights). PLEASE TELL ME THAT WE CAN USE PURCHASED CL FPS ON OUR CHECK IN DAY (Friday)!! That's the only way to make it work and also save some money. THANK YOU!

I also need to find out how he properly books his own room at Coronado so that we are listed as guests and can get magic bands and get on magical express. we will have separate arrival dates. I'm a bit confused! I'm also SOOOOOOOOOO annoyed that we already booked flights (United - strict cancellation/change fees).

Yes, you can use the CL FPs on your check in day. I asked about this when I booked a 2 night CL stay and was told I could buy them for check in day and check out day.
oh! that's right! it's a 3 DAY purchase minimum, not a 3 CL night stay minimum. phew. thank you!

Hi all, I booked the CL FPs earlier this week and reported on the CL thread not being able to go back in and modify the "regular" FPs afterwards. I continued to try the last couple of days and still couldn't modify those regular ones. So I called DSS this morning to find out what the issue was. According to the CM, the system doesn't allow modification of those regular FPs until you reach the 60 day FP window. I indicated to him that I was able to do this before, when we last purchased the CL FPs in April 2018, and he said that was a glitch in the system - that I shouldn't have been able to modify those before the 60 day mark. He offered to go ahead and make the modifications for me (we needed to bump the time on a couple of the regular FPs), but also reminded me to be sure not to double-up on any FPs between what I had for the extras vs. the regulars each day. He also mentioned anecdotally that he knew of a customer who did double-up and ended up losing ALL of his FPs for that day. We hadn't been planning to double-up this trip since it's a short and sweet one, but I did want to pass along that additional info since it appears others have had issues with the doubling-up recently.

Has anyone else had an issue not being able to modify their regular FPs prior to the 60 day mark?
Yes, this just happened to me as well. I also just booked my CLFP. I've tried several times to modify one and I figured that they were just tightening up on their rules, just as they are with the duplication issue. It's not a big problem with mine, I'll just wait until the 60 day mark, unless I have some other reason to call them.

Yes, you can use the CL FPs on your check in day. I asked about this when I booked a 2 night CL stay and was told I could buy them for check in day and check out day.
:thumbsup2 This is correct, we bought ours for 4 days, and one is for the day we check in.

Help CL FP planners! I have been through the ringer settling on the date of our next trip. After TONS of back and forth, we settled on arriving on Wednesday, November 6th and checking out on Monday, November 11th at Dolphin in a CL qualifying suite. We were going to purchase CL FPs for three days - Friday 8th, Saturday, 9th and Sunday, 10th. We just booked flights one week ago.

JUST TODAY - hubby found out he needs to be in Orlando for business Monday, November 5th - Thursday, 7th. Since his room is paid for (Coronado), me and the kids would stay with him for Wednesday night and Thursday night and then check into Dolphin (CL qualifying room) on Friday, the 8th. So our CL qualifying stay will now be Friday, November 8th - Monday, November 11th (3 nights). PLEASE TELL ME THAT WE CAN USE PURCHASED CL FPS ON OUR CHECK IN DAY (Friday)!! That's the only way to make it work and also save some money. THANK YOU!

I also need to find out how he properly books his own room at Coronado so that we are listed as guests and can get magic bands and get on magical express. we will have separate arrival dates. I'm a bit confused! I'm also SOOOOOOOOOO annoyed that we already booked flights (United - strict cancellation/change fees).

Which rooms qualify at Dolphin? We're Marriott members (my husband is higher on the chain than I am), and we're thinking of switching to one of the CL eligible suites later this year. Are the Alcove rooms eligible?

Thank you for this! I had it on my "to do" list to call and ask about this for an upcoming trip. We always fly in late so we would not be able to use the fast passes on check in day. We were hoping to use them on check out day for a 2 night CL stay. Thanks again! :)

Thank you for this! I had it on my "to do" list to call and ask about this for an upcoming trip. We always fly in late so we would not be able to use the fast passes on check in day. We were hoping to use them on check out day for a 2 night CL stay. Thanks again! :)

It is too bad that you can't use the fast passes on your check in day. You do have to pay for all three days on a 2 night CL stay, so it might not be worth if to buy them when you can only use them for 2 of the 3 days. In our case, we will be coming over from another resort on check in day, using them the second day, and using them on check out day. Good luck! I hope you have a great trip!

It is too bad that you can't use the fast passes on your check in day. You do have to pay for all three days on a 2 night CL stay, so it might not be worth if to buy them when you can only use them for 2 of the 3 days. In our case, we will be coming over from another resort on check in day, using them the second day, and using them on check out day. Good luck! I hope you have a great trip!

Thank you for the well wishes! :) We're a little crazy, I know. We'd be throwing away $100, but our stay is in late November and the hope is that we could use the 2 days at Hollywood Studios if Star Wars:Galaxy's Edge is open. Hopefully, we'll get an announcement date for the land this summer and I can decide then if I even need to purchase fast passes or not.

Which rooms qualify at Dolphin? We're Marriott members (my husband is higher on the chain than I am), and we're thinking of switching to one of the CL eligible suites later this year. Are the Alcove rooms eligible?

Alcove studios are eligible!

Thank you for the well wishes! :) We're a little crazy, I know. We'd be throwing away $100, but our stay is in late November and the hope is that we could use the 2 days at Hollywood Studios if Star Wars:Galaxy's Edge is open. Hopefully, we'll get an announcement date for the land this summer and I can decide then if I even need to purchase fast passes or not.

Ahhh, yes. This makes complete sense. SWGE is another thing altogether. I can see why this would be a good plan!

So both HEA and Illuminations are no longer included as part of the offering? only ROL and F!?

They are not really included. But those 2 shows (ROL & F!) offer fastpasses. So you can schedule one of your paid or free FPs for those. They are no longer included as an “extra” perk of buying the CL FPs.

Hi there. :)

We are currently on our 2nd trip with the CLFP. We have found that the earlier in the day we use them, the better, for 3 reasons:

1) they block you from being able to get other FP during those times; and

2) you’re more likely to use them (i.e., not get tired and want to bail on them even though you paid for them, lol); and

3) yes, you might be more likely to get later return times for the headliners if late FP are all that are left for them.

So given the options you laid out, for our family we would choose option 1. However, some people (our family and I think @GADisneyDad14 for example) choose to have the CLFP be first so that you are “done” with them early and can modify the rest to your heart’s content (my family often strays from plans in the afternoon). And as long as you’re trying to move up your next “standard” FP time as soon as you tap in to each ride, we have found that we can have really great success at getting many FP+ beyond the initial “standard” ones...even for headliners.

HTH! :)

So, if I am understanding correctly, the day would start out with my 6 FP's something like this:

9-10 CLFP
10-11 CLFP
11-12 CLFP
Lunch in here somewhere
12-1 SFP #1
1-2 SFP #2
2-3 SFP #3

I assume once I check in for my 11am CLFP I am now off the clock for CLFP's and don't have the time until 12:00 locked up and can try and start re-arranging the SFP's - such as moving the 12-1 up to 11:30 (if I can get it?) and then try and move the others around?

I guess that strategy works if FP's are available to move around. Otherwise, I am stuck until after 2:00 to try and get SFP #4, right?

If you use this strategy, is it best to leave a little time between SFP end and start times? For example, when I tap in for SFP #1, I still can't squeeze in another FP between 12:05 and 1:00 since an hour is required. Or does it allow me to move SFP #2 up to 12:30 and not consider 1-2 locked up?

Thanks again.

hi,
just decided to pop for club level at poly. Definitely want to do the FP purchase. Should I send an email or wait for them to reach out to us? We go in August. Need to read up on this thread for sure.

hi,
just decided to pop for club level at poly. Definitely want to do the FP purchase. Should I send an email or wait for them to reach out to us? We go in August. Need to read up on this thread for sure.

For the club level fastpasses, you book them 90 days from your check out date. If you need something else from DSS, like ADR help, you can contact them anytime you want. If you just need them for the FPs, you have time. They may send a card or call you before your booking date. If not, just give them a call at the 90 day mark. They don’t need a precontact to be able to book the FPs. When you call to book, have your reservation number & they can book right then.

For the club level fastpasses, you book them 90 days from your check out date. If you need something else from DSS, like ADR help, you can contact them anytime you want. If you just need them for the FPs, you have time. They may send a card or call you before your booking date. If not, just give them a call at the 90 day mark. They don’t need a precontact to be able to book the FPs. When you call to book, have your reservation number & they can book right then.

Thanks so much. I appreciate the info.

So, if I am understanding correctly, the day would start out with my 6 FP's something like this:

9-10 CLFP
10-11 CLFP
11-12 CLFP
Lunch in here somewhere
12-1 SFP #1
1-2 SFP #2
2-3 SFP #3

I assume once I check in for my 11am CLFP I am now off the clock for CLFP's and don't have the time until 12:00 locked up and can try and start re-arranging the SFP's - such as moving the 12-1 up to 11:30 (if I can get it?) and then try and move the others around?

I guess that strategy works if FP's are available to move around. Otherwise, I am stuck until after 2:00 to try and get SFP #4, right?

If you use this strategy, is it best to leave a little time between SFP end and start times? For example, when I tap in for SFP #1, I still can't squeeze in another FP between 12:05 and 1:00 since an hour is required. Or does it allow me to move SFP #2 up to 12:30 and not consider 1-2 locked up?

Thanks again.
Hi again! Sorry my response is delayed...we just got home last night and there is always so much to do when we get back home from a trip. :(

So to answer your questions:

Exactly. As soon as you tap in for that last CLFP, you want to immediately start trying to move up your first SFP.

Yes, that is true. But we have had excellent luck being able to move up SFP, and hence get our 4th and beyond earlier even than our originally scheduled 3rd SFP.

If you use this strategy, is it best to leave a little time between SFP end and start times? No. For example, when I tap in for SFP #1, I still can't squeeze in another FP between 12:05 and 1:00 since an hour is required. Or does it allow me to move SFP #2 up to 12:30 and not consider 1-2 locked up?
Once you've tapped in for SFP #1, you will be immediately eligible to move up FP#2 for whatever times are available...and those times could be immediate, 5 minutes in the future, or hours in the future...you won't know until you try and keep refreshing. Our strategy is to take the soonest one we can find after 1-3 tries, and then modify that one to move it up even more if we don't like the new time we've picked. Does that make sense?

Also...one other thing to keep in mind is that you can tap in 5 minutes before your actual FP time, which can be very helpful. The only complication with this can potentially occur is if you also currently possess a multi-experience pass. I think I've read before that if you tap in early and you have one of those it will take the multi-experience pass (unless the ride you're tapping into doesn't accept multi-experience passes). Someone please correct me on this if I'm mistaken!

I hope all of this is helpful and makes sense! You really can get a lot more FPs if you're willing to move up passes and use the modify and refresh strategies. :)

Greetings,
I spent some time reviewing the thread and I am hoping you can confirm what I think I read.

-this paid option no longer provides reserved seating for nighttime entertainment
-you can only have a fast pass (paid or standard) per ride per day
-tiers don't come into play
-fast passes can be in multiple parks
-the DSS folks will also book your regular 60 day fast passes when they book your paid for fast passes (90 days from check out date)

Am I correct so far?

Also would it be possible to have something like this booked?

CLUB LEVEL FAST PASS (CLFP) 9:00am-10:00am Test Track

CLUB LEVEL FAST PASS (CLFP) 10am-11am Soarin'

STANDARD FP (SFP) Tower of Terror 4:30pm-5:30pm

CLUB LEVEL FAST PASS (CLFP) Slinky Dog 5:30pm-6:30pm

STANDARD FP (SFP) Rock N Roller Coaster 6:30pm-7:30pm

STANDARD FP (SFP) Alien Swirling Saucers 7:30pm-8:30pm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter