Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

I agree. Epcot has always been my favorite park and since FPP it isn't as easy to tour.
Epcot is my favorite park, too. I agree with you that the tiered system FPP at Epcot makes it very difficult. Most, if not all, of the tier two rides at Epcot are either skips or never have long lines. So, if you do multiple days there to get in more than 1 tier 1 FP, you end up with doubling up on tier 2 rides that weren't necessary even on the first day of touring Epcot.

Epcot is my favorite park, too. I agree with you that the tiered system FPP at Epcot makes it very difficult. Most, if not all, of the tier two rides at Epcot are either skips or never have long lines. So, if you do multiple days there to get in more than 1 tier 1 FP, you end up with doubling up on tier 2 rides that weren't necessary even on the first day of touring Epcot.

Our Epcot strategy is to book one of the Tier1 FPs and the two Tier2s as early as possible in the day, get them out of the way then use the "one at a time FPs" for the other Tier1 attractions. if it's not a code red crowd day you can have a good chance of doing Frozen, Mickey M&G, TT, and Soarin with no issues. Illuminations FP with this method is hit or miss depending on how early you're done with FPs for other rides. I've never booked CL FPs so I have no idea if you have to burn all 6 before you can start your "one at a time" FPs, but it definitely doesn't seem like a good use of money to pay for the 6 for Epcot.

Our Epcot strategy is to book one of the Tier1 FPs and the two Tier2s as early as possible in the day, get them out of the way then use the "one at a time FPs" for the other Tier1 attractions. if it's not a code red crowd day you can have a good chance of doing Frozen, Mickey M&G, TT, and Soarin with no issues. Illuminations FP with this method is hit or miss depending on how early you're done with FPs for other rides. I've never booked CL FPs so I have no idea if you have to burn all 6 before you can start your "one at a time" FPs, but it definitely doesn't seem like a good use of money to pay for the 6 for Epcot.

Unfortunately the last few years, since my DD’s went to HS we have been traveling solely on code red days. Right after using my LWTL FPP At 11 AM no Tier 1’s left.

Since I am a Soarin’ girl but my other 3 family members are TT fans I haven’t ridden Soarin’ as much. For us, we get 1 Tier 1 a day which has made us 1/2 day Epcot people. Cl FPP is a game changer for us. We can stay all day.

Unfortunately the last few years, since my DD’s went to HS we have been traveling solely on code red days. Right after using my LWTL FPP At 11 AM no Tier 1’s left.

Since I am a Soarin’ girl but my other 3 family members are TT fans I haven’t ridden Soarin’ as much. For us, we get 1 Tier 1 a day which has made us 1/2 day Epcot people. Cl FPP is a game changer for us. We can stay all day.

I don't know much about the CL FPs. So tiers are removed?

You can buy extra three fast passes to any rides (but not the same ride two or three times). For example, you can book Soarin’, TT and Frozen.

Epcot worked so well for us with the CL FPs. It was our first time ever there this past November and we had 7 total FPs on that trip. To be able to accomplish every ride in the park (Test Track twice) at a nice pace was amazing. We actually didn't even enter the park until 1:30. We did all 7 FPs (plus others standby), visited all countries, did the Remy scavenger hunt, and enjoyed F&W. It's now my kids favorite park.

I don't know much about the CL FPs. So tiers are removed?
Tiers and park restrictions are removed, and the regular FP+ three can be for a different park, but as a whole, that group of 3 follows the normal rule.

So, at Epcot you could do Frozen, Test Track, and Soarin, and then pick your FP+ regular three at a different park. Or, maybe if staying at one of the Boardwalk resorts, you could do regular FP+ + 2 CLFP+ every day at varying parks and then do your last CLFP+ every night at Epcot after dinner at the World Showcase. etc etc. Being able to scatter the three CLFP+ out amongst three parks and/or not pay attention to tiers coupled with booking all 6 at the 90 day mark is the definite perks of the program. However, it's not for everyone, and like you said, not for certain times of the year either.

I think CLFP are a great way to fight back on a very busy day!:ewok:

So I called DSS at 9:15 this morning and purchased the CLFP+ for 6 of our 7 days. I called in, gave the CM at DSS my list over the phone, gave him my CC info and hung up. Total process, less than 10 minutes. I received and email around noon that everything was complete and to look over my MDX account and double check the rides / times. Everything was exactly what I wanted at the times I requested.

Where do I find what these acronyms mean? I know FP Fast pass / CM Cast Member/ MDX/CC

but CL? DSS? TT?? and more thanks. I am looking at a club level to get these FP (2adults) so was looking for more info. LOL think I might be more confused than before :P

Where do I find what these acronyms mean? I know FP Fast pass / CM Cast Member/ MDX/CC

but CL? DSS? TT?? and more thanks. I am looking at a club level to get these FP (2adults) so was looking for more info. LOL think I might be more confused than before :P
CL- club level
DSS- Disney Signature Service (a resource for guests with club level reservations)
TT- to me is Test Track, but maybe it means something else?

I’m still stuck on end of August or Xmas week. I know my own pros and cons for both. What I haven’t thought through is how CLFPs would play a role for each week.

Xmas week, CLFPs would be a must. How about end of August? We are rope droppers and with the heat even more so. I’m wondering if the program would even be needed end of summer.

Thoughts?

I’m still stuck on end of August or Xmas week. I know my own pros and cons for both. What I haven’t thought through is how CLFPs would play a role for each week.

Xmas week, CLFPs would be a must. How about end of August? We are rope droppers and with the heat even more so. I’m wondering if the program would even be needed end of summer.

Thoughts?
August and Xmas are both times my family and I have been to Disney/universal and truthfully we probably got the same number of attractions done as heat and crowds both drove us out of park by lunch and back after or for dinner.
As for CLFP. Xmas of course as you said is perfect time to use the program.
August I would say depends on length of trip. If you have over 5-6 days I think early am till mid day and after dark would allow you to get on all the attractions you want over that longer trip. Less than 5 days I would go for CLFP. It would allow you all headliners at two parks in one day. Leave you free days for water parks or pool or just sitting in the AC at the hotel ( seriously my kids wanted tv in the room more than rides in August heat). Also in that heat we didn’t want big meals so CL food would have been enough for dinner with snack at park.
That being said my husband has declared never again at XMas or August lol. We are trying March break this time. With CLFP for our short trip. Cheers

Thoughts?

Every family will be different of course, but when we did the Extra FP program in July, on a few days we didn't even end up using our afternoon FPs. We're rope drop folks and had them scheduled 9, 10, 11, 1, 2, 3 (or approximately at those times)... depending on the park, by lunch we were OK waiving off the afternoon ones and heading back to the pool. Had some older folks in our group and come afternoon heat, it didn't make sense to keep pressing on.

If we were more diligent with our schedule I would have planned some morning FPs then late day/evening FPs, but we're not that good with sticking to those kinds of plans either.

Thoughts?

We had the CLFP this past September 6-16th. We honestly didn’t need them. We did early park days and were able to do SB on a lot of rides. We also went this past December, Christmas week and did not have the CLFP and rode just as much. We did get some MEFP as a surprise which helped. We didn’t do early parks, arriving after 9:00 each day. After 2 years back to back going September with a crowd level 1-3 vs Christmas week with over 10 crowds, we prefer Christmas. We have more fun taking our time and riding less than running from ride to ride to try to get it all done.

We had the CLFP this past September 6-16th. We honestly didn’t need them. We did early park days and were able to do SB on a lot of rides. We also went this past December, Christmas week and did not have the CLFP and rode just as much. We did get some MEFP as a surprise which helped. We didn’t do early parks, arriving after 9:00 each day. After 2 years back to back going September with a crowd level 1-3 vs Christmas week with over 10 crowds, we prefer Christmas. We have more fun taking our time and riding less than running from ride to ride to try to get it all done.

Exactly. That’s why unless it was a short trip I think in the summer it would make less sense to tie in to 6 FP 3 of which aren’t easy to change. My family also tends to not want to return after a rest when it’s so hot. I had a fever in August at universal and didn’t realize it for 4 days because I was sweating that much.

Exactly. That’s why unless it was a short trip I think in the summer it would make less sense to tie in to 6 FP 3 of which aren’t easy to change. My family also tends to not want to return after a rest when it’s so hot. I had a fever in August at universal and didn’t realize it for 4 days because I was sweating that much.
Oh man, that stinks! The heat really scares me. I keep saying I'll take insane crowds over the heat and just do what we can and enjoy downtime at the resort - but if the kids can't swim, they will be bummed! DH is choosing xmas week. I'm freaked by the thought of it. Now I'm thinking to head back to DLR instead (but to me, I truly prefer WDW and the FP system - especially the CL FP option - and we LOVE Epcot!). This Disney addiction is a problem and I've never ever been so indecisive! It's mostly related to not being able to go Jersey Week again and it's throwing me!

I think you can make either August or Xmas week work just fine. Your strategy will probably just be different for each trip. For Xmas week, I think the CL FPs would be a must. For August, you can probably get by without them. It really does depend on your family and what your priorities are. We are going in August this year. We have been in the summer before and the heat at WDW doesn't bother us at all. We are from Texas and it is always cooler in FL that at home, so we don't even notice the heat at WDW. My kids are older now, and they want to sleep in and will not rope drop anything anymore. Our plan is to have breakfast at the lounge, make our way to the parks and use our FPs. We will have some pool time, but the pools at the resorts are really tame, and don't provide a lot of excitement for older kids. Again, it just really depends on your family, but you can have a great time regardless of when you go.

For people that have done (or are thinking about doing) both, what's your opinion on CLFP vs. DAH? I have a couple of late start days where DAH would be ideal- it's a bit difficult to 6 Fps scheduled in.

Also, I wouldn't want to do both in one day but what would make you pick one over the other?

I wish they'd get the DAH dates out for May, if' they're going to do it at all, or maybe even just let us know if there will be DAH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter