Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

DAH would be my preference because you can get a lot done in a short amount of time. However, if the DAH dates don't fall within my dates, then we'll probably get CL FP. If there are reasons your party might not be able to stay up late enough to enjoy DAH (small children, early risers, etc.) then the CL FP is probably better for you.

DAH would be my preference because you can get a lot done in a short amount of time. However, if the DAH dates don't fall within my dates, then we'll probably get CL FP. If there are reasons your party might not be able to stay up late enough to enjoy DAH (small children, early risers, etc.) then the CL FP is probably better for you.
My party is 2 parents and 3 young adult kids so the DAH is really ideal. I don't mind going to bed and letting them stay up and play!

I had us scheduled for a couple of early days, then a couple of late days and the CLFP don't really work that well for those late starts, there's no time. But DAH would be great. A combo of both would be ideal. It hadn't really occurred to me until today because I just didn't think there'd be DAH in May.

ITA with this.

We've only done DAH at MK because I get motion sick on several of the HS and AK rides and couldn't handle riding them over and over again, so the value isn't there for us. DAH at MK is absolutely incredible, but @JeninTexas is right...if the late hours are going to make it difficult for anyone in your party, it's probably not a good idea. We are night owls and still were very tired by the end because we'd been in the parks all day, and it was really hot and humid. So when we do DAH again in late February we're definitely going to modify what we'd normally do during the day...perhaps sleeping in and a pool/relaxing day instead of walking around EP all day, lol.

We absolutely love the CL FP+ program and are using it for 3 days of our upcoming trip (the HS/EP days), but we're using DAH and the just announced VIPassholder event to tour MK. And we'll just use the regular FP+ for our AK days since I can't ride FOP more than twice in one day (and the rides need to be spaced far apart) or EE more than once in one day without getting miserably sick and having to go back to the room.

ITA with this.

We've only done DAH at MK because I get motion sick on several of the HS and AK rides and couldn't handle riding them over and over again, so the value isn't there for us. DAH at MK is absolutely incredible, but @JeninTexas is right...if the late hours are going to make it difficult for anyone in your party, it's probably not a good idea. We are night owls and still were very tired by the end because we'd been in the parks all day, and it was really hot and humid. So when we do DAH again in late February we're definitely going to modify what we'd normally do during the day...perhaps sleeping in and a pool/relaxing day instead of walking around EP all day, lol.

We absolutely love the CL FP+ program and are using it for 3 days of our upcoming trip (the HS/EP days), but we're using DAH and the just announced VIPassholder event to tour MK. And we'll just use the regular FP+ for our AK days since I can't ride FOP more than twice in one day (and the rides need to be spaced far apart) or EE more than once in one day without getting miserably sick and having to go back to the room.
Excellent, thanks for that run-down of how you combine the two. I had the family scheduled for a couple of full (but not late days) but I know my kids (26,24 & 20 y.o.)- and DH :)- by the third day they aren't going to be excited about 9 am openings... not even to EP or DHS (we are staying at BWI).

But then, I was looking at late starts at MK and AK and just scratching my head on how to fit in all those FP- but we'll need them because it's near a holiday (Memorial Day). Also, CLFP do get us on the rides but don't help with the crowds. I thought HEA dessert party would help with that a bit but trying to fit that with a late start AND 6 fp just wasn't working. At all. :scared:

With DAH we could get up (very) late, hang around the resort or maybe bop down to WS for a bit, then head on over to MK and still catch all the rides. I'm liking this idea quite bit. I could see doing this for DHS, as well. And I'm a brand-spankin'-new pass holder, too, so the VIP events are possible. My family is going to think I'm a goddess. :worship:

But really, I just read the DIS! :thumbsup2Thanks!

Last edited:

Excellent, thanks for that run-down of how you combine the two. I had the family scheduled for a couple of full (but not late days) but I know my kids (26,24 & 20 y.o.)- and DH :)- by the third day they aren't going to be excited about 9 am openings... not even to EP or DHS (we are staying at BWI).

But then, I was looking at late starts at MK and AK and just scratching my head on how to fit in all those FP- but we'll need them because it's near a holiday (Memorial Day). Also, CLFP do get us on the rides but don't help with the crowds. I thought HEA dessert party would help with that a bit but trying to fit that with a late start AND 6 fp just wasn't working. At all. :scared:

With DAH we could get up (very) late, hang around the resort or maybe bop down to WS for a bit, then head on over to MK and still catch all the rides. I'm liking this idea quite bit. I could see doing this for DHS, as well. And I'm a brand-spankin'-new pass holder, too, so the VIP events are possible. My family is going to think I'm a goddess. :worship:

But really, I just read the DIS! :thumbsup2Thanks!
Doing DAH is definitely on my priority list and might be the decision factor for doing the CLFPs or not. Just need the dates to be released!!! (Hopefully!!!)

So I am tossing around the idea of doing this again for July, unless they offer DAH.
Anyone have any experience with some of the party not having CL FPs, and booking FPs for those without?
Do I just do those myself at 60? Or can I add ppl to the regular FPs after DSS books them, before 60?
Any issues doubling up yet?
Anyone used rider swap with CL FPs?
I fear July may be the last big trip for all of us, for a few years, so would like to go out with a bang. :)
TIA! (I did try searching for answers, but had no luck)...

So I am tossing around the idea of doing this again for July, unless they offer DAH.
Anyone have any experience with some of the party not having CL FPs, and booking FPs for those without?
Do I just do those myself at 60? Or can I add ppl to the regular FPs after DSS books them, before 60?
Any issues doubling up yet?
Anyone used rider swap with CL FPs?
I fear July may be the last big trip for all of us, for a few years, so would like to go out with a bang. :)
TIA! (I did try searching for answers, but had no luck)...
We are doing some CL FP's with half our party in December (well we're doing 4 days, and they're doing 3). We were told it wouldn't be an issue, and just to specify when making the CL FP's. Rider swap with CL FP's work the same as with regular FP's.

I recently saw the new tower at Coronado Springs has CL amenities for some of its rooms. Does anyone know if these include the extra CL FP's?? Very interesting!

I recently saw the new tower at Coronado Springs has CL amenities for some of its rooms. Does anyone know if these include the extra CL FP's?? Very interesting!

There are reports on the Club Level thread that Disney Signature Services has indicated the CL at the Gran Destino tower will be eligible for the extra FP program (with the caveat that it's a trial and assuming it's still being offered at the time of one's stay there).

I'd take that with a grain of salt until we are actually close enough for someone with a CL reservation there to book the program, but I assume it is likely to be the case given the prices and info released about CL there appears to be more legit CL than CL-light.

Question, can you still book the same ride - exemple: book Soarin with CLFP and Soarin with regular FP on the same day?

Question, can you still book the same ride - exemple: book Soarin with CLFP and Soarin with regular FP on the same day?

DSS will not book them that way and will tell you not to. Users have reported doing so after the fact.

So there are blackout dates? I did not know that. Does anyone know when they are?

There are no black out dates with this trial program. I think the PP just meant the program can be more effective / worth it during certain times of year over others (obviously a personal comment to ones own touring style).

DSS won't book them for you but you "could" go back in after and change one of your traditional 3 FP+ to a duplicate. However if DSS notices they will change it back to what you originally booked.

I was successful once during our first time using this in August we did a duplicate FOP with no issues.

I was also successful once during our December trip again with FOP but not for SDD later in the week. We had booked two FP+ for SDD (one club one regular) and when we tapped in for the first time slot the CM advised us that since we had duplicates the system would take both and it did!

Last edited:
DSS won't book them for you but you "could" go back in after and change one of your traditional 3 FP+ to a duplicate. However if DSS notices they will change it back to what you originally booked.

I was successful once during our first time using this in August we did a duplicate FOP with no issues.

I was also successful once during our December trip again with FOP but not for SDD later in the week. We had booked two FP+ for SDD (one club one regular) and when we tapped in for the first time slot the CM advised us that since we had duplicates the system would take both and it did!

Were they back to back?

Nope - CL SDD was our first of the day followed by all other FP+ as our traditional FP+ for SDD was the last of the 6.
Oh wow. I believe you are the first to report that here? I had no issues with multiple duplicates in November.

Oh wow. I believe you are the first to report that here? I had no issues with multiple duplicates in November.

Yup - we were successful booking doubles in August as well as the beginning of the trip in December until our last day :) I was warned this could happen so we were aware that we were in a "grey area" and just went about our day and we eventually did get another SDD that evening by refreshing.

I didn't post to this thread earlier as nobody has asked about it since we got back and I don't like to cause unnecessary confusion or drama.

Well, that makes me wonder if it's worth the risk of doubling then. We did it in August, but maybe they have changed something to keep it form working-? Strange... Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter