Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

Well, that makes me wonder if it's worth the risk of doubling then. We did it in August, but maybe they have changed something to keep it form working-? Strange... Thanks for sharing!

I guess it depends on the park and what FP your willing to "risk"? For us it made sense to double up on SDD and give up a star tours to do it, knowing that on the day of we could probably recover a star tours as a 7th (or 6th actually as one of ours was canceled) or wait standby if necessary.

I guess it depends on the park and what FP your willing to "risk"? For us it made sense to double up on SDD and give up a star tours to do it, knowing that on the day of we could probably recover a star tours as a 7th (or 6th actually as one of ours was canceled) or wait standby if necessary.
For the price I'm paying to have 6 FP's, I'm not sure I'm willing to risk any of them! This is good to know. Thanks.

Thanks for sharing your experience, @tjmw2727. Sorry your second SDD FP was cancelled. I think this is the first I’ve heard of this happening. We were able to do it in August with no troubles. We were warned it would happen, though, and even the first time I tried duplicating a FP, I actually received a phone call from a CM telling me I couldn’t have two FP for the same attraction, and she switched them back to what they had been originally. I hesitated to double up again after that but after continuing to read about positive experiences here, eventually decided to give it a try, and we had no problems. I was considering it for July (not even sure we’ll purchase the CL FPs yet), and this possibility would factor in my decision for sure.

Edited for the very amusing typo in my first sentence.

Last edited:
Weeeelllllll.....
this does certainly make me want to re-think our plans regarding FOP. Is it worth a park hop just to use an FOP? I had really wanted to schedule it multiple times, as we've never been. Luckily, I already broke our AK visit up into two days, so we can have FOP each of those days without any problems.

For the price I'm paying to have 6 FP's, I'm not sure I'm willing to risk any of them! This is good to know. Thanks.
I had the opposite reaction! For the price I'm paying to have 6 FP, they ought to let us schedule it however we want.
I'll bet this is all battlespace prep for SW:GE, just like closing the phantom reservation loophole.

Last edited:
I had the opposite reaction! For the price I'm paying to have 6 FP, they ought to let us schedule it however we want.
I'll bet this is all battlespace prep for SW:GE, just like closing the phantom reservation loophole.
Haha - yes, you're right. We should be. However, if they are dropping duplicate ones, I'm not going to risk it and lose out on two of my six FP's :(

Haha - yes, you're right. We should be. However, if they are dropping duplicate ones, I'm not going to risk it and lose out on two of my six FP's :(

For the record, I agree with both of you! I think for the price they should let you do any 6 rides you want, including duplicates (I think anytime FPs wouldn't be out of line, but that's a different story). I also think that I don't want to risk any of the paid ones so I didn't double up (incidentally, i also didn't want to because we wanted to ride as many rides as possible, not double up), because having even one less means you paid quite a bit more per fp. But I just wanted to add, for anyone debating doubling up, if by chance they did take both FPs when you scanned in for the first ride, you wouldn't be losing 2 FPs, you would only be losing one. You still get the first ride, just not the second one. It would still stink, but not quite as much as losing 2 of the 6 fps :-)

Just to clarify I only lost one, when we tapped in for SDD it used both FP+ but we were able to ride. After the ride I was able to rebook that lost FP via the app as it was a "regular FP+".

DSS does say that if you duplicate you could loose both but that wasn't the case for us.

Just to clarify I only lost one, when we tapped in for SDD it used both FP+ but we were able to ride. After the ride I was able to rebook that lost FP via the app as it was a "regular FP+".

DSS does say that if you duplicate you could loose both but that wasn't the case for us.

So we kind of don't know if it took the club level FP because it was club level, or because it was first. If the regular one had been first, the outcome might be different. Perhaps both really would have been lost. Or maybe you'd have been able to keep both.

I'll be getting all of mine Tuesday and I wonder if I should book the club level one first in the day - but that throws a bit of a wrench into the works because I'd like my first 3 to be regular ones so we can pick up extras later.

I guess I'll just refrain from duplicating which is okay because we never stay at one park all day, we always park hop and are at most parks at least twice. I had wanted to do FOP three times but oh well....

Last edited:
So we kind of don't know if it took the club level FP because it was club level, or because it was first. If the regular one had been first, the outcome might be different. Perhaps both really would have been lost. Or maybe you'd have been able to keep both.

I'll be getting all of mine Tuesday and I wonder if I should book the club level one first in the day - but that throws a bit of a wrench into the works because I'd like my first 3 to be regular ones so we can pick up extras later.

I guess I'll just refrain from duplicating which is okay because we never stay at one park all day, we always park hop and are at most parks at least twice. I had wanted to do FOP three times but oh well....
I plan on booking my regular FP's first and my CL FP's second.....but I think everyone has different touring strategies!

Oh wow. I believe you are the first to report that here? I had no issues with multiple duplicates in November.

I reported that that happened to me during our November trip as well. At tap in, it took both FPs that were duplicates of each other.

I reported that that happened to me during our November trip as well. At tap in, it took both FPs that were duplicates of each other.
They must be closing this loophole before SWGE opens. This gives me hope that I'll be able to use my CL FP's at SWGE!

I have a quick questions. If I have “regular” FPs in the morning and CL fastpsses in the afternoon can I book 4th FP after I have used all 3 regular ones but before I have used any of CL FPs.
Sorry if this question has been answered before.

I'll be booking my CL passes next week, and have one quick question-

I know the DSS CM won't book a FP window that overlaps an ADR start time. Do they also require a certain amount of time to elapse after the ADR begins before another FP can be scheduled?

E.g. if you have an ADR at 12:30pm, they won't book a FP from 11:45- 12:45,. But will they allow a FP window that starts at, say, 1:00 pm?

I understand why they would not want a guest to be late for an ADR, but if we want to risk a FP because we're not done eating yet, I don't know why they'd care.

I'll be booking my CL passes next week, and have one quick question-

I know the DSS CM won't book a FP window that overlaps an ADR start time. Do they also require a certain amount of time to elapse after the ADR begins before another FP can be scheduled?

E.g. if you have an ADR at 12:30pm, they won't book a FP from 11:45- 12:45,. But will they allow a FP window that starts at, say, 1:00 pm?

I understand why they would not want a guest to be late for an ADR, but if we want to risk a FP because we're not done eating yet, I don't know why they'd care.

I have only read the ADR conflict being an obstacle once on this thread and I'm assuming it was likely just a CM trying to be helpful. In my experience ADR timing won't come into play. I booked FPs all over several ADRs in July.

I have only read the ADR conflict being an obstacle once on this thread and I'm assuming it was likely just a CM trying to be helpful. In my experience ADR timing won't come into play. I booked FPs all over several ADRs in July.
Really?!!! Wow, thank you so much for that info.

It always seemed a little paternalistic of them to do that. Glad to know it's not true.

Well, back to work on my plans! Thanks again.:thumbsup2

Last edited:
One more question before I take the leap on Tuesday, O astute denizens of the DIS boards-

When is the 90th day exactly?

90 days before we:
  1. Arrive at WDW (I have a 2 day stay at a DS partner hotel, so that counts to open my 60 day window- does it open the 90 day window?)
  2. Arrive at BWI for our Club level stay
  3. Use the club level FPs?

Thanks!

One more question before I take the leap on Tuesday, O astute denizens of the DIS boards-

When is the 90th day exactly?

90 days before we:
  1. Arrive at WDW (I have a 2 day stay at a DS partner hotel, so that counts to open my 60 day window- does it open the 90 day window?)
  2. Arrive at BWI for our Club level stay
  3. Use the club level FPs?

Thanks!

It’s 90 days from your CL check out date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter