Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

Yeah, tend to agree. It'll have its 'one-year anniversary' 3/13/19. Granted DSS CMs would likely be the last to know of any pending changes, but folks who have asked them seem to report a similar "the program has been popular, we think it will be continuing for your dates, but it is a trial so check-back when you can book" or similar. To me that seems like the easy/passive/we don't know anything response. :-)

My personal bet is that it'll either go away or be changed in some way come SWGE time, but I have no basis for that thought other than as an outside observer.
No!! You think so?? That's the only reason we booked CL at AKL in December - was to be able to book extra FP's ahead of time and get in all of the SWGE rides!! I would be BEYOND disappointed. There are still three other parks that we would use it for too!

I've been 100% set on purchasing the extra CL FPs on our next CL stay, which is now booked for September. We haven't been to WDW in September before, and the extreme heat and humidity at that time of year makes me wonder if being in the parks for six FPs (even if we split them into morning and evening, which we would prefer not to do) is just too much. We're considering doing just two park days and doing EMH and EMM events instead to get to the parks early and leave by noon/ 1 p.m., but part of me hates letting go of the opportunity to purchase the extra FPs. Any input here regarding being 'stuck' in the parks so long when utilizing all six FPs? Thanks so much in advance!
P.S. @GADisneyDad14 , I seem to remember a post of yours referencing you wouldn't want to be 'stuck' in the parks for all six FPs during one of your trips (maybe due to crowd levels, can't remember)?

I think you should stick with your AM/late PM/EMM/Disney After Dark Events itinerary. September is hot, but the lowest crowds of the year. You're probably going to want to have the option to rest in the afternoons in the A/C or at the pool. We had no problems getting FP+s at the 60 day mark for the headliners including Slinky and FOP on our trip in September 2018. If you go with the CLFP program, be sure to add an additional day of touring to your schedule since you have to purchase 3 days of FPs.

No!! You think so?? That's the only reason we booked CL at AKL in December - was to be able to book extra FP's ahead of time and get in all of the SWGE rides!! I would be BEYOND disappointed. There are still three other parks that we would use it for too!

So here’s the other question: will Disney announce the SW opening date early enough for the club level fastpasses to be booked at the 90 day mark? Won’t do any good to have club level if they announce it is opening just 30 days in advance.

So, any guesses how far in advance they’ll announce the opening date? And if they’ll give folks win paid FPs some early access to book?

So here’s the other question: will Disney announce the SW opening date early enough for the club level fastpasses to be booked at the 90 day mark? Won’t do any good to have club level if they announce it is opening just 30 days in advance.

So, any guesses how far in advance they’ll announce the opening date? And if they’ll give folks win paid FPs some early access to book?
With Pandora and TSL, they announced well ahead of 60 days. They will know a date (I imagine they have one in mind now). I cannot imagine them announcing 30 days in advance and angering the THOUSANDS of people on property who did not get a chance to book their FP's at 60 days. Fingers crossed for early November right after F&W!!!!

I think they will. Honestly, I think the CL fast passes are a trial for something they intend to do with SW:GE.

First of all, I think CL will be booked solid for several months (if not years) after SW:GE opens because of the early access. I also think they might expand it beyond CL- maybe offer it to everyone at a Deluxe resort, which might be why they haven't advertised it yet (to minimize confusion).

If FP get pushed out to 60 + 6 or 7 or even further in advance, at some point it will be more cost-effective to just upgrade to club level and stay for a shorter time.

Last edited:
I also think they might expand it beyond CL- maybe offer it to everyone at a Deluxe resort, which might be why they haven't advertised it yet (to minimize confusion).
I expect Disney to monetize SWGE as much as humanly possible, but I wonder if this might be too wide an audience for this? Successful market segmentation depends on striking the right balance and not making the majority feel like their experience is far less than those in other market segments. With something as popular as SWGE will be, I'd worry that making those FPs available to all deluxe resort guests -- and advertising that widely -- pushes that envelope quite a bit. A tiny CL test is a far cry from this.

That said, I assume there will be other PAY opportunities open to anyone willing to shell out $$$ to get in earlier or stay later in SWGE. Perhaps the being out there would mitigate upset at an advertised CL FP program open only to deluxe resort guests.

I think you should stick with your AM/late PM/EMM/Disney After Dark Events itinerary. September is hot, but the lowest crowds of the year. You're probably going to want to have the option to rest in the afternoons in the A/C or at the pool. We had no problems getting FP+s at the 60 day mark for the headliners including Slinky and FOP on our trip in September 2018. If you go with the CLFP program, be sure to add an additional day of touring to your schedule since you have to purchase 3 days of FPs.

Thank you for your reply! Great advice and glad to hear about your experience last September!

I think they will. Honestly, I think the CL fast passes are a trial for something they intend to do with SW:GE.

First of all, I think CL will be booked solid for several months (if not years) after SW:GE opens because of the early access. I also think they might expand it beyond CL- maybe offer it to everyone at a Deluxe resort, which might be why they haven't advertised it yet (to minimize confusion).

If FP get pushed out to 60 + 6 or 7 or even further in advance, at some point it will be more cost-effective to just upgrade to club level and stay for a shorter time.

I have read about them expanding it before. Honestly, I’m not sure. I think if they do, there will be a limited pool available. Right now there are 10 deluxe resorts. Plus a new one in a few years. And what about the DVC resorts? They’re deluxe too. That is an awful lot of rooms that will have access. By the onsite 60 day mark, fastpasses at certain times of day could already be limited. And by 30 days, I can’t imagine.

Keeping it as Club Level only encourages booking that most expensive category of room. Right from the beginning of fastpass there has been speculation about if Disney will ever “tier” them: give more for deluxe, less for moderates & minimal amount for value resorts. Paid club level FPs give CL guests an additional “perk”, Disney makes even more money & it doesn’t put other non CL guests at a disadvantage.

Imagine the outrage if FPs are limited because they are all booked at 90 days. What would be the point in booking a values resort, might as well stay offsite. I just don’t see an advantage to Disney making that change.

I expect Disney to monetize SWGE as much as humanly possible, but I wonder if this might be too wide an audience for this? Successful market segmentation depends on striking the right balance and not making the majority feel like their experience is far less than those in other market segments. With something as popular as SWGE will be, I'd worry that making those FPs available to all deluxe resort guests -- and advertising that widely -- pushes that envelope quite a bit. A tiny CL test is a far cry from this.

That said, I assume there will be other PAY opportunities open to anyone willing to shell out $$$ to get in earlier or stay later in SWGE. Perhaps the being out there would mitigate upset at an advertised CL FP program open only to deluxe resort guests.
Right. Look at the popularity of MNSSHP and MVMCP, which are open to anyone who can pay, and which limit the park for other guests. Or dessert parties which take away prime viewing spots. Disney is long past caring whether their pay-extra programs alienate other people.

Keeping it as Club Level only encourages booking that most expensive category of room. Right from the beginning of fastpass there has been speculation about if Disney will ever “tier” them: give more for deluxe, less for moderates & minimal amount for value resorts. Paid club level FPs give CL guests an additional “perk”, Disney makes even more money & it doesn’t put other non CL guests at a disadvantage.
But it does put other non-CL guests at a disadvantage, just a small one that most of them don't know about. And booking the most expensive room is precisely the point. The Deluxe resorts fill last, we know that from the steep discounting they do. Extending the perk to them will help fill those rooms. People stayed club level before the CLFP became available and they'll continue to do so. Aside from having a bit of extra cash, people who pay to enjoy CL may even not share the characteristics of those who would pay to ride 3 more headliners in a day.

The FPP itself was a huge step in the privileged tiering direction, a much bigger step than CL passes and I remember people saying then that it would anger other customers- but it hasn't turned off enough of them to even make a dent. The vast majority of Disney's guests still come from off-site. And it created FPP shortages just as more CLFP would. As for caring about on-site guests, they added the DS hotels to the FPP program and that helped push those hard-to-get FP back to 60 + 3 or more. Disney doesn't care as long as people keep coming. They'd be willing to risk losing a value or mod guest as long as someone will step in and take their place, and if they could entice some of those guests into deluxe lodgings.

However, impact on FPP supply is sheer speculation, anyway, as none of us even have a clue how many CL people participate now. I get the feeling it's not the majority. Deluxe resort & DVC guests are probably less than 5% of total park attendees. Not all of them would buy the CLFP- heck many of them don't even do regular FPP as crazy as that sounds to us! SO it's not that many people, and if Disney could use the program to put more heads in beds at the Deluxe, I think they'd do it.

Last edited:
Right. Look at the popularity of MNSSHP and MVMCP, which are open to anyone who can pay, and which limit the park for other guests. Or dessert parties which take away prime viewing spots. Disney is long past caring whether their pay-extra programs alienate other people.
You're missing my point.

MANY can choose to save up and book one of the extra ticket events if they care enough -- whether staying offsite or at a deluxe onsite. If you limit an offering to a wide-but-limited group like deluxe resorts only and advertise it, that's an entirely different story! For me to attend, I have to not only spend $X per ticket, but UPGRADE MY ENTIRE STAY to a deluxe resort. That puts it FAR out of reach for very many people. That's a different level of classism IMO.

You're missing my point.

MANY can choose to save up and book one of the extra ticket events if they care enough -- whether staying offsite or at a deluxe onsite. If you limit an offering to a wide-but-limited group like deluxe resorts only and advertise it, that's an entirely different story! For me to attend, I have to not only spend $X per ticket, but UPGRADE MY ENTIRE STAY to a deluxe resort. That puts it FAR out of reach for very many people. That's a different level of classism IMO.
Disney gets us use to a different level of classism every time they create a paid upgrade. As I said, having FPP at 60 days for on-site guests was the biggest one of all. Anything they do now really is small potatoes compared to that.

The parks are nearly at capacity, but the deluxe resorts are not full. Anything they can do to rectify that, I think they will do. You are right that it's a different level of classism, but Disney's primary goal isn't being fair, it is turning a profit.

Last edited:
Disney gets us use to a different level of classism every time they create a paid upgrade. As I said, having FPP at 60 days for on-site guests was the biggest one of all. Anything they do now really is small potatoes compared to that.

The parks are nearly at capacity, but the deluxe resorts are not full. Anything they can do to rectify that, I think they will do.
You may well be totally right! We've all seen this creep of market segmentation intensify over the years. I just think they'd be playing with fire a bit on this one if widened and advertised to all deluxe resorts -- but it may well just be a blip to most!

You may well be totally right! We've all seen this creep of market segmentation intensify over the years. I just think they'd be playing with fire a bit on this one if widened and advertised to all deluxe resorts -- but it may well just be a blip to most!
I agree. As much as I would love it to be just deluxe, not CL, I cannot imagine them rolling that out. As far as extra ticketed events, I think we're going to see one for SWGE at a cost that we've never seen before.

And the cost may be a blip compared to SW:GE! When that hotel is done, it'll be in a tier all by itself. Perhaps that's the hotel that gets CLFP with every room whether one wants it or not, and the room rates start at 1k. This trial may be a warm up for a program like that.

I expect the entire hotel to be Club Level.

Last edited:
And the cost may be a blip compared to SG:GE! When that hotel is done, it'll be in a tier all by itself. Perhaps that's the hotel that gets CLFP with every room whether one wants it or not, and the room rates start at 1k. This trial may be a warm up for a program like that.
That's a good thought. Makes sense as it's a more all-inclusive experience, like a cruise. It makes sense that you would automatically get the extra FP's for the SWGE rides with it.

That's a good thought. Makes sense as it's a more all-inclusive experience, like a cruise. It makes sense that you would automatically get the extra FP's for the SWGE rides with it.
I had forgotten it was going to be an immersive experience, so all-inclusive is a good way to describe it. It would ruin the experience a little bit to be up at 4 am Pacific time trying to get your FP when you're paying a fortune for the room! :scared: People don't do that in a galaxy far, far away!

And the cost may be a blip compared to SW:GE! When that hotel is done, it'll be in a tier all by itself. Perhaps that's the hotel that gets CLFP with every room whether one wants it or not, and the room rates start at 1k. This trial may be a warm up for a program like that.

I expect the entire hotel to be Club Level.
Agreed on all of this. :thumbsup2

My 90 day window came up and when DSS called I wasn't ready! So I worked on what I want and they are calling me in the morning. They assured me 1 day wouldn't make a difference. Now I'm at a crossroad. Part of me wants to get the extra FP+ for all 6 park days (we are doing one resort / DS day) but for a family of 4 that's $1,200.00. Another part of me wants to do it just on our MK and HS days but then there's FOP ..... And we are hopping from HS to EP one day so there's the 3 TSL rides and Soarin" and Frozen. Another part of me wants to just say screw it and wait till 60 days and do the normal 3 but what if I can't get FOP or FEA? My girls would be devastated! Decisions decisions. I guess I will sleep on it.

I think extra fast passes work really well in Epcot and HS. In MK without two tier system you can still get three very good “normal” fast passes. Same with AK (I do not think Na’vi FP is worth worrying too much about and you can select Avatar + two other favourite rides).
This is what we did for our three days with extra fast passes - “normal” FPs in MK or AK in the morning and extra FPs in Epcot or HS in the afternoon. Since you can book your normal FPs for the days with extra FPs early as well it works really well.

I think extra fast passes work really well in Epcot and HS. In MK without two tier system you can still get three very good “normal” fast passes. Same with AK (I do not think Na’vi FP is worth worrying too much about and you can select Avatar + two other favourite rides).
This is what we did for our three days with extra fast passes - “normal” FPs in MK or AK in the morning and extra FPs in Epcot or HS in the afternoon. Since you can book your normal FPs for the days with extra FPs early as well it works really well.

I agree. Epcot has always been my favorite park and since FPP it isn't as easy to tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter