Trends that you hope will go away soon

The trend in the US to supersize meals and drinks that are "Grande" size. What is wrong with smaller portions and short drinks? People eat way too much. No need to encourage it.

My daughter ordered chicken strips off the appetizer menu thr other night & her plate had three FULL chicken breasts. Ridiculous!

Fist bumping, huge lips that look like ducks, huge butts, “my bad” , full body or tattoo sleeves, piercings Everywhere, the blame game rather than personal responsibilty.. it’s everyones fault but his/hers...
Loss of Manners... it’d be awfully nice to see more people holding doors, offering seats, and simply being polite. Rant over, lol.

The trend in the US to supersize meals and drinks that are "Grande" size. What is wrong with smaller portions and short drinks? People eat way too much. No need to encourage it.
Wow, I need to get more often. I thought McDonalds etc. stopped offering Super Sizing after the movie came out in 2004. At least in sit down restaurants, my wife and I have notice that portions now are much smaller, on smaller plates....sadly at the same price as the larger servings. And Senior menus, with smaller portions and lower prices are becoming rarer. Or the options are fewer. Probably because they would dwarf the now smaller regular entree items.

If you don't want them don't get them, you don't have to. Why should anyone be forced into smaller portions if they don't want such just because you think people eat too much?

Stuff stuck to the outside of glasses.

Like this

12989cf5b7a7050a2674a4486a1c1984.jpg

What the actual...I can’t put my finger on why, but this photo makes me insanely uncomfortable. Nope, nope, nope.

What the actual...I can’t put my finger on why, but this photo makes me insanely uncomfortable. Nope, nope, nope.

Where have you been? :p You can get a bloody Mary with a full breakfast sticking out of the top now. I agree it's disgusting. How do you even drink/eat that stuff? My theory is it's the latest gimmick to bring people in & most of it is thrown away. :sad2:

My daughter just got 5 points taken off of a paper because she referred to Amelia Earhart as "she". Since my daughter never spoke to Amelia, her teacher wondered why she would be so "presumptuous" as to assume that is the pronoun Amelia preferred.

"Always go with 'they' until you speak with someone directly".

I really can't believe this is our world.

I'd gladly accept five points off my paper rather than use a ridiculous pronoun.

I don't really care if people don't agree with me about most things. I won't give anyone trouble if they use "they" to refer to someone but I won't use it.

Another one for me is music trends. Maybe I'm just old but I remember there being a lot of options however lately so much of it is lighter pop including rock and rap.

My daughter just got 5 points taken off of a paper because she referred to Amelia Earhart as "she". Since my daughter never spoke to Amelia, her teacher wondered why she would be so "presumptuous" as to assume that is the pronoun Amelia preferred.

"Always go with 'they' until you speak with someone directly".

I really can't believe this is our world.

ITS A WORLD GONE MAD. THis is even getting out of control at my D's all girls school! I may have to live on a deserted island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter