Trends that you hope will go away soon

Yoga pants. I don't personally have a problem with people wearing them per se, just when they bend over in front of me. Don't they know that the back end becomes sheer. Sorry, still traumatized by the last at Costco this morning. I didn't need to know she wasn't wearing underwear.

Yoga pants. I don't personally have a problem with people wearing them per se, just when they bend over in front of me. Don't they know that the back end becomes sheer. Sorry, still traumatized by the last at Costco this morning. I didn't need to know she wasn't wearing underwear.

Decent quality leggings shouldn't become sheer. And as someone who lived alone for a decade it's hard to know which ones will when even some higher quality brands have some issues (I'm looking at you Lululemon and your idiot CEO) without someone to check for you... and even then it can depend on the light.

And please understand that they are a privilege, not a right.

I have not clue if I'm one of those people who are "privileged" to wear them or not. And I don't care - wearing 'em anyway!! :hippie:
::yes::...and not concerned that they get sheer because I never "bend over" in public (I dip at the knee) and always wear full-coverage, black underwear under leggings or in the winter a pair of opaque black tights. (I've actually never observed this "transparent leggings" phenomenon IRL but I'll take everybody's word for it.)

I'm with you on the hot and spicy food... I have stomach issue and can not eat anything like this...

Coconut water, milk, oil, flour whatever .... I'm allergic to coconut - and right now they put it on and in everything...

Political Correctness.... I could right a book about this topic...

Actor's and Actress's putting in their opinion on political topic's... For goodness sake's your an actor's or actress's you pretend all the time, why on earth should we listen to you....

The media and new outlets with the one side reporting of the news... Ridiculous... I want the news.... Not your interpretation of what you want it to be... I can make my own decision - Thank you very much... bring back real new reporters... giving us all the important news ... not what some reality star did, said, or whatever....

For me I like the man buns some guys can so pull it off.... Looking at you Kit Harrington (AKA Jon Snow - King of the North)...

Beards -I'm either way... as long as it's clean and well groomed.

Worrying about straws... and the straw police - When the real issue is so much bigger... and is what needs to be addressed...

Last edited:
Worrying about straws... and the straw police - When the real issue is so much bigger... and is what needs to be addressed...
This is what I've always been saying about straws, and the whole plastics debate. As research has proved, 90% of it is coming from Asia and Africa, so more focus is needed to address where all the oceans' plastic pollution is coming from, rather than virtue-signalling at home with paper straws and reusable bags.

Salted caramel. Yuk. I love regular caramel treats but it seems like everything now uses salted caramel.

The trend in the US to supersize meals and drinks that are "Grande" size. What is wrong with smaller portions and short drinks? People eat way too much. No need to encourage it.
I order just one and the split it with my kid or whe with DH he orders the meal and I order just my main with no sides or drink. It's cheaper and we aren't over eating. But yes I agree.

Some people have legit issues, but I am looking for a normal bread, juice, etc etc, and over the years have (unhappily) mistakenly purchased the low-fat, fat free, sugar free, low carb, gluten free versions of products that seem to dominate the shelves in trends. When are people going to realize that they are just marketing a new product as most of us don’t need this crap? Oh yeah, when the next trend comes along.

Hair that is not a color that you could be born with.

Ha! Tell that to my 73 year old grandmother. She finally this year let her hair go natural- white now- and only because she can't have it dyed unnatural colors where she started working. She still spray colors it bright, goofy colors frequently outside of work though. I actually have no idea what her natural hair color was before it turned white as she has always had it some bright color since long before I was born.

Ha! Tell that to my 73 year old grandmother. She finally this year let her hair go natural- white now- and only because she can't have it dyed unnatural colors where she started working. She still spray colors it bright, goofy colors frequently outside of work though. I actually have no idea what her natural hair color was before it turned white as she has always had it some bright color since long before I was born.
My niece likes to do this too, and lots of kids in school- going back probably 10 or 15 years now? I just prefer regular colors, but to each their own.

(I've actually never observed this "transparent leggings" phenomenon IRL but I'll take everybody's word for it.)

I have - which is why I do what you do and wear black underwear underneath. If my leggings end up being more sheer than I thought and someone sees a little thigh, they'll live

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter