Trends that you hope will go away soon

tvguy

Question anything the facts don't support.
Me: Restaurants preparing dishes that you do not expect to be spicy hot, spicy hot.
I know if I order Diablo Shrimp or Buffalo Wings, they are going to be spicy. But I have had Clam Chowder and Fettuccine Alfredo recently that was flaming hot spicy. No warning on the menu, and not foods you would expect to be spicy. Ever.
Besides, almost every restaurant I have been to recent has Cholula or a similar product on the table for those who want something spiced up. But once a dish is spiced up, it can't be undone.

Activated Charcoal anything. I saw an ice cream with it. Another completely bogus detox health fad. Anytime anyone says detox? Run.

Gold dusted food. Here's a hint. When I said for years at that price it better have gold in it, THAT WAS NOT TO BE TAKEN LITERALLY!!!

French fries in sandwiches. Listen. If I wanted the darn fries in my sandwich, I'd have moved them there from my plate a long time ago!!!

Truffle oil. Good cooks make great things from solid ingredients. They don't need expensive gimmicks (truffles) and they certainly don't need fake not so expensive but still way over priced ingredients.

Food Mashups and stunt foods. No more spaghetti donuts, ramen burgers, naked chicken tacos, zoodles, all the weird poke bowls going around, etc.

Political correctness run amok is mine. Not the thread but the reality of it. :)

My daughter just got 5 points taken off of a paper because she referred to Amelia Earhart as "she". Since my daughter never spoke to Amelia, her teacher wondered why she would be so "presumptuous" as to assume that is the pronoun Amelia preferred.

"Always go with 'they' until you speak with someone directly".

I really can't believe this is our world.

My daughter just got 5 points taken off of a paper because she referred to Amelia Earhart as a "she". Since my daughter never spoke to Amelia, her teacher wondered why she would be so "presumptuous" as to assume that is the pronoun Amelia preferred.

Huh? That's not just ridiculous...it's grammatically incorrect- "they" is a plural pronoun. It refers to a group of two or more...not an individual person. Individuals must be a "he" or a "she"

Huh? That's not just ridiculous...it's grammatically incorrect- "they" is a plural pronoun. It refers to a group of two or more...not an individual person. Individuals must be a "he" or a "she"
Apparently not in academia. "They" is now widely accepted as a singular pronoun. And in some cases, expected.

Apparently not in academia. "They" is now widely accepted as a singular pronoun. And in some cases, expected.
Well I learned something today - I'm a professional writer and did not know this. I looked it up in the AP style guide and sure enough, "they" is now used for an individual. Weird.

My daughter just got 5 points taken off of a paper because she referred to Amelia Earhart as "she". Since my daughter never spoke to Amelia, her teacher wondered why she would be so "presumptuous" as to assume that is the pronoun Amelia preferred.

That is beyond ridiculous. People are just being silly now.

Sometimes on the phone you can't tell by name or voice if you are speaking to a man or woman. Should they be referred to as "they"? It's not only poor grammar but sounds silly. I wouldn't mind a better alternative but "they" is not it.

Or maybe people could just quit being so hypersensitive about everything.

As for food, how about more detail about ingredients in dishes? That would be more helpful than calories which you see plastered everywhere now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!