Trends that you hope will go away soon

As for food, how about more detail about ingredients in dishes? That would be more helpful than calories which you see plastered everywhere now.
Ingredients would be great to know! Red Robin for example has an app where it breaks down all of the ingridients of their sandwiches and other menu items. Still not all of the ingridients of course, but it’s a great start.

I don’t really care much about most popular trends because they have little effect on my life. Some of them I rather enjoy.

The rushing of holidays & the different holiday "trends"...

* Pumpkin spice everything beginning in September - I like pumpkin spice just fine, but it's seriously everywhere & too trendy/overdone
* Christmas season beginning the day after Halloween - Thanksgiving is a fall holiday! And, by the time Christmas actually gets here, everyone is so Christmas-ed out, & all the decor looks tired & droopy.

Well I learned something today - I'm a professional writer and did not know this. I looked it up in the AP style guide and sure enough, "they" is now used for an individual. Weird.
AP Stylebook?! LOL. Last one I owned was 30 years ago when my boss ripped in half, threw it in the trash and said "I don't care what the monkeys at AP say".
He was a jerk for sure, but the baffling part to me is, he was probably the best writer I have ever worked for.
AP Style Books are sneaking back into the newsroom though.
I also remember using Grammar Hotlines, until I got into a dispute with a co-worker, who went to the boss. The boss backed me up on my grammar, and backed my co-worker up by saying HER way sounded better that the correct way, so we're going with the wrong way.

Selfies. I belong to some Disney and Universal Facebook groups and so many people think everyone wants to see their face in front of something. Sometimes several times a day. I went to the Grand Canyon 20 years ago and took three rolls of film. Not a single picture has my face in it. Just wasn't something people did then.

My daughter just got 5 points taken off of a paper because she referred to Amelia Earhart as "she". Since my daughter never spoke to Amelia, her teacher wondered why she would be so "presumptuous" as to assume that is the pronoun Amelia preferred.

"Always go with 'they' until you speak with someone directly".

I really can't believe this is our world.

Wow. How old is your daughter? I would have written to the teacher. It is getting so out of hand.

Stuff stuck to the outside of glasses.

Like this

12989cf5b7a7050a2674a4486a1c1984.jpg

Me: Restaurants preparing dishes that you do not expect to be spicy hot, spicy hot.
I know if I order Diablo Shrimp or Buffalo Wings, they are going to be spicy. But I have had Clam Chowder and Fettuccine Alfredo recently that was flaming hot spicy. No warning on the menu, and not foods you would expect to be spicy. Ever.
Besides, almost every restaurant I have been to recent has Cholula or a similar product on the table for those who want something spiced up. But once a dish is spiced up, it can't be undone.
Totally agree with you. And for me personally, I don’t even care for spicy at all.

Totally agree with you. And for me personally, I don’t even care for spicy at all.
I want to know why when I order a salad at Olive Garden (an Italian restaurant, right?) I have to specify "no peppers"? I'm with you all about there being too much spicy stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter