Trails End changes?

Those who have eaten the cold lunch say it was OK, but pricey.

In speaking with Ken about how well the change has been rec'd by guests, he said the new guests have said how much they enjoyed something light and not hot food and like the idea, while the old timers say bring back the hot buffet as it was before. He said overall it's been positive, but as you know ken, he could make a hurricane look positive, so it's hard to say!

Mmmm Outback! I love Outback, especially their Aussie Cheese Fries, Salad, Bread & Steak :thumbsup2 Never been to Trails End & doubt we'll try it on our Oct trip.

I don't like Outback. It's too noisy and the waiters always want to sit at your table while taking your order. I HATE that. Now, if they let Trails End be run by Western Sizzler, or even Ryans, that wouldn't be too bad. IF the prices were the same.

Carol
Official Disneyholic

I know this thread is over a month old, but has anyone experienced the new lunch menu at Trails End? I read that they are now only serving cold cuts, soup and salad during lunch hours now. We always go to Trails End for lunch on our first day at Disney and have loved their hot buffet items. Especially the one item that is always different and somewhat non-matching with the typical fare. When we were there in March is was some sort of tortilla chicken bake thing...YUMMY! I'm drooling just thinking about it. We are headed back in November and I am keeping my fingers crossed that by then they will have decided to put hot items back for lunch. Has anyone been there since the change took place? Thanks!

My DH & I eat at Trial's end in July and yes it was cold cuts, cold fried chicken, soup and salads. We really hate it now.
We go to WDW every year for a week and every year we always go to Trial's end at least once for lunch during our trip. We would love to go there for their hot crispy fried chicken, hot pizza and hot chili along with other foods, soups and salads. I just do not like paying that much for a cold meal. I would love for them to bring back the hot meal to Trail's End.

For anyone who doesn't know, the buffet has the hot chicken again (as per some friends who visited today).

We ate there on the third night of our stay, since it was our first time, I can't comment on the food being better or worse, but it was good. The service was very good, at least all of it except for the man cutting the roast and serving it, he was acting like his mind was else where.

Great news, I think. My in-laws called us a little bit ago, they went to Trail's End today and FIL complained about the new "cold" lunch menu. The manager said the hot buffet will be back starting tomorrow! I am so excited and can't wait to see for myself in November.

Wow, I just read through this whole thing and there are sure a lot of debates going on regarding all of the changes. It's a disappointment to hear that the pizza is no good. That's the only thing that we were planning on getting! Uh oh! :sad1: Is the soup and salad bar still an option? Maybe we could do that a few times. What's on the salad bar and what are the usual soups?

Anyone been there for lunch very recently? We'll be getting down there this week and were thinking of popping in for lunch

i was there about 2 weeks ago. hot chicken was back on the buffet, pulled pork, chili, spanish rice, salads. no pizza or mashed potatoes or veggies. i thought it was pretty good. the waitress said they had alot of complaints and went back to partially what it was before.

On Sunday, 11/2, we ate breakfast at T.E. We haven't been to the breakfast buffet since June, and we were very dissappointed. Only plain scrambled eggs were served - no eggs with cheese, peppers & onions. The hash browns tasted like the frozen variety - not the home-made like they used to serve. The breakfast pizza tasted like it had sat out too long (and we were there at 7:45) - perhaps it was re-heated leftovers from Saturday? To top it all off, even though the time we were dining there weren't too many guests, we had a server (Diana) that let our dirty plates sit on the table, we had to flag down for drink re-fill's, and had to flag down for the bill. With the 18% discount you get for the DDE card, it was $25.00 for the two of us. Next time, I'll drive to Golden Corral or McDonald's.

Another Dis-er went for lunch and she said it was very crappy & limited, as well.

Time for a food court!

We did TE buffet when we arrived on 10/21 and had no complaints. With the DDE it was exactly $40 with tip. It's just normal food, nothing to write home about and just like everything at Disney way overpriced, but that's Disney.

Last night picked up the Giddy-Up and Go, put it on ice went to MK for parade/fireworks and heated everything up when we got back and again was as good as the last trip. Also with the DDE $17.03 for 10 pieces of chicken (2 wings, 2 breasts, 3 legs and 3 thighs), coleslaw, a boat load of fries and 4 biscuits to feed 3 adults is probably one of the best values to be had. We have 4 pieces of chicken left over today for lunch for at least two of us, so 3 dinners and 2 lunches all adults works out to under $3.50/meal :thumbsup2

Larry

We went twice during our trip. Once was for supper and it actually was better than last year. The ribs were not overcooked this time. The apple cobbler was really good and they have soft serve ice cream to put on top :thumbsup2 .
We also went for breakfast and the food was just ordinary other than the potatoes which were REALLY garlicy. I do have to say though that I told many of the people that work there that they could make a fortune if they sold the warm sticky buns they have on the buffet. OH MY, were they good! Don't tell but I stuffed myself with 3!

We got pizza one night as well, while it was better than last year, it was just okay. I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

The lunch buffet is back to bbq pork and fried chicken as reported earlier. No cold sandwiches to be seen. We did not have it, but scoped it out.

I'll stick with the wifes cooking:thumbsup2

Picture002-1.jpg

Thanks everyone :)
We'll be cooking for ourselves too, just not as soon as we get there ;)

Mmmmm...sausages!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter