Trails End changes?

Donna

Where Magic Lives
geez, i hope this was just a fluke....appeared in the recent allears newsletter.....

If you are a regular at Trails End you may be in for a surprise. We visited it on July 14 for dinner and found that it had changed. The server told us that they had made changes and were seeking guest feedback and we told him what we thought. The ribs are now immersed in barbecue sauce that conceals a markedly inferior product, the fried chicken was sopping with grease, not crispy at all, and the salmon was tasteless and bland. Even the macaroni and cheese had a margarine taste. I hope Trails End hasn't reached the end of the trail.

That sounds just awful. Figures it changes when I'm gonna visit. Maybe it will change yet again by September. Sounds like they're really cutting corners. Too bad.:mad:

i told you the snails end was bad buffet food.

I've always enjoyed Trails End, but I have to agree that it's getting worse. I think the main problem is that it still isn't nearly as busy as most resorts restaurants, so the quality isn't up to par.

I still love the appetizers at Crockett's though :)

I've always enjoyed Trails End, but I have to agree that it's getting worse. I think the main problem is that it still isn't nearly as busy as most resorts restaurants, so the quality isn't up to par.

I still love the appetizers at Crockett's though :)

You need to read that article I posted above and find out what they are really doing...

When we ate breakfast at T.E. on July 4th... I thought it was not up to par...but attributed it to the fact that it was late in the morning & they were starting to set up for the lunch buffet.

I also found it quite presumptuous of Disney to put suggested 15% or 18% tip amounts at the bottom of the tab. It's a buffet!!! All that was "served" to us was 1 diet coke, 1 thermos pitcher of coffee, and, after asking twice and as we were finishing our meal, our server Ed, finally brought DH his orange juice. Dear Ed also let the dishes stack up on our table - even though he walked by us several times.

The last time we got the chicken dinner to go - about 3 weeks ago, and asked for all white meat (for which they charge a hefty additional fee), we got a wing and a breast, cold fries, and a biscuit that could have been an official NHL hockey puck. We get the chicken dinner to go at least one or two times a month on our bicycling excursions to FtW, and have always recieved two breasts with the all-white dinner. Well, guess what?? No more eating at T.E. for me unless I discover that it has gone back to the old way of doing things.

I know they do have a new manager at T.E. that's fresh out of college - so he's probably doing his best to "prove" his worth by saving some $$$. I honestly don't think colleges teach that the long term profits out-weighs the short term savings.

Josephine & Pauline are trying their best to train him, but to be honest with you, I think even they have run out of "pixie dust" due to all the changes.

I didn't eat there on our last trip in Nov 2007 but did several times in Aug 2007 and it was very good!! Up to par, good selections, fresh...

Nothing like washing down the sting of a $110 campsite with mystery meat bbq ribs.......:sad2:

Well, i ate there last month and it was as good as ever. I think the changes are more recent. I'll find out in about 2 weeks!

I think it's a change that is prevelent throughout disney. We ate at whistleing canyon, the service sucked, and I thought the meal was not a great value....... From now on, if we do decide to eat out whilst there, we'll go to Uno's or some firm that actually cares about their customers and services them properly.

Well, i ate there last month and it was as good as ever. I think the changes are more recent. I'll find out in about 2 weeks!

Yea, to be honest, I've never really had a bad meal there, nor have I ever had a great meal there...lol. Overall though, some of the best meals I've ever had have been at Disney (California Grill last weekend was soooooooooooooo good and I had the best waiter ever), plus Disney has the only 4 (or 5???) star restaurant in Central Florida, Victoria and Alberts.

Of course, we normally just eat at the regular restaurants. Rose and Crown in Epcot is great, they have some really good meals there. So does Le Cellier, their cheddar cheese soup is amazing. The one in WL (Whispering something I think???) is a nice boat ride away from the Fort, and has a great setting.

Jim Hill is a blathering idiot.... they've not spent tens of millions at the fort......

That was mentioned to him...he amended his statement by saying they are going to spend millions at the fort. Sue in Texas (forgot her name here) got him on that.

I'd rather sit in my delusional world and think that I pointed it out first.

This makes me sad, I always look forward to TE :sad:

maybe if we all complain enough they will get their act together :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter