Traditions....What do you buy every trip?

For the past 2 years, i've bought a new Disney Dooney, although pricey, i save up for it, and look forward to picking out which one im going to buy! Hopefully theres a new one by October!!
Also, we ALWAYS each (DP and I), get a personalized disney sketch/drawing from Art of Animation at DD. Were running out of room though!!

We have entire closet full of all of the resort mugs. We do love the plastic popcorn containers and have kept them as souveneirs. Also we have shirts, sweatshirts. House decorations. We do buy things each time but not always the same thing. An embroidered Christmas towel, measuring cups, pads of paper an address book. When our daughter was little every little figurine she could find. She went through a hat stage so we have Mickey Snowman:santa:, Silver and gold Mickey ears. Candy Cane Mini Ears and so on.

She did pin collecting for a while too. World Passport we have quite a few and about ten autograph books:scared1: hahahahahahah

We have a tradition to eat at least one mickey bar a day. You can't find those anywhere else!

But we're also a family that does the ornament thing. I didn't buy one for us last trip because our tree is soooo Disney-fied. So I bought one for my mom's birthday instead.

We always buy something, whether it's an ornament, mug a set of pins, etc. The tradition we like best though doesn't invlove buying anything (unless you count the cost of the trip); It' taking a picture of our son each year next to the height measure sign outside of the rides and see how he's grown from one year to the next. It's pretty cool to go back and look at as the years go by.

I always take home a haul from Japan :lovestruc

Also try and get a canvas bag and just when I thought I wouldn't find a T shirt... I find several :rolleyes:

Dh gets his premium bar and goofy gummy fix where I need a cupcake and sugar cookie. The cookie is specific to the studios for me. The cupcake from the mk bakery- not candy shop. This has taken years :rotfl: of tastings to get the specifications just right.

I have to have an ornament every year and my youngest ds gets a snow globe to add to his collection.

I have a little curio display with nine niches and I'm trying to fill it with a memento from each of the lands in Epcot. So far I've got a little Oaxacan carved cat from Mexico and a tea cup from Japan. Last trip I couldn't find anything I wanted from the other lands, so don't know how far I'll get with it. I have to buy some Twinings pomegranate black tea from the tea shop in England. And I always get a bucket of popcorn so I can bring home the bucket. There are lots of other treats and things I like to get, but those are the only things I get EVERY trip. I used to always bring home potato head parts, but finally decided I have enough of those.

We let the kids pick out a new hat each trip. It's getting tougher and tougher though because they don't release new hat styles very often so in years that there have been 3 trips we run out of options. It's fun to look at the old hats and try and remember which trip it was.

Playing cards. My sister is disabled and isn't comfortable going to WDW anymore (even though she loves it there) and she collects playing cards, so I buy new ones for her every time I go.

I can't think of anything in particular that I buy myself every trip though, although now I want to get an ornament! :thumbsup2

When I was a kid, my mom collected the little plastic Mickey Mouse figurines. They were dressed up all different ways. She had a TON of them (used to buy more every trip). Do they still have those? She also bought those little silver decorative spoons too. My dad would always get a Steiff bear from the Germany (?) pavilion. :goodvibes

I originally did sweatshirts but I feel like I don't wear them enough so I started getting a night shirt every year since I get way more use out of it. Year magnets, year pen. We only get ornaments for "big" years..the year we got married, year our daughter was born and her first trip. I get dish towels every few years but they hold up pretty well so I haven't gotten any in a few years. And I did a lanyard and pins for our daughter's first trip and want to get a new lanyard and pins each trip (still not sure if we will or not, it gets expensive!) They used to have some great notepads too but I haven't seen them in a few years.

Oh yeah, LOTS of candy!!! Love the Sour Cherry Balls, chocolate bars and chocobabies from Japan.

We always buy pins - often, several.

We buy an ornament for every family member.

We buy at least one (usually more) shirt for each person.

If someone wants a hat, we let them get one.

The little kids are allowed to get a couple of toys long the way, may a stuffed animal.

Granted, we go for 9-10 days every 2-3 years, but we want to really get the most out of the trip. Honestly, we would buy more if there was more variety/quality to the merchandise.

I didn't read every page on this thread but I DID read the first 2 pages...couldn't believe there were no pin collectors out there!! We collect pins each trip. (We don't really trade.) We always stay at a different DVC resort each trip so my DH likes to collect a new shirt that is resort specific. DS and I usually get either a new Tshirt or a sweatshirt (sometimes WDW sometimes DVC). As a tradition we always get ice cream one night on Main Street before the parade & fireworks. We even did that at Disneyland Paris last summer - DH was like we HAVE to have our ice cream! :rotfl:

We're not real big on souveniers, but usually get a magnet everywhere we go. I'm starting to get picky and hope to find one that's a clip because the kids always have an enormous amount of stuff they want on the fridge! LOL!

We're just like most everyone else, a dated Christmas ornament and a fridge magnet. I like the idea of getting the magnet from our resort, I usually just pick whatever one I like best.

This year a nice big mug for my hot chocolate is on my list.

As a child growing up (at Disneyland), I would get a new plush each year. I would then have a big 'party' introducing my new stuffed Disney friend to his/her counterparts. (I'm a dork) My mom would also always get me white socks with Mickey on them.

As an adult, I collect--

1) A charm for my charm bracelet. They sell little charms ($4 each) and I usually get 1 or 2. I wish they would add some more unique charms to their collection. I have charms from DLR and WDW.

2) A new pin or two, or three. It typically has to be a limited edition pin, especially if we are there during a special event (i.e. Star Wars weekend, an anniversary year (Epcot 25, DHS 20) etc..

3.) Mickey ear hat. A must. I love all the new ones that came out in the past year or less.

4.) Disney ornament.

5.) Cotton candy from the candy shop on Main Street. YUM. I also like to get candy from Italy at EPCOT.

---- Next Trip----
1) Potato Head parts for DD. This will be new for us!
2) WDW Mickey ear hat for DD
3) Pin with Walt on it. It bugs me I don't have one with the Man who started it all!
4) Frame for the infamous castle pic, to mark our first 'family' trip to WDW.
5) All the above stuff not mentioned here. hehe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter