• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Traditions....What do you buy every trip?

Mine is a bit different "Tins".
I've been collecting them for years,coffee, tea, mints, PEZ,and an old hot chocolate one. It's getting harder to find them as Disney is switching to cardboard for alot of their stuff.
I do like getting a few postcards too.

Hugs Mel

I used to get dated polo's but couldn't find any last year. T-shirts, mugs, Christmas ornament and PINS.

We always buy the Xmas ornament with the year on it and I collect shot glasses so I rarely leave anywhere without buying 2 or 3.

Hmm... We are just now planning our second trip as a family so we don't have any traditions yet. Last time we bought Mr. Potato Head pieces that get played with a lot so we will probably reload on some of those... The other thing that we bought that gets a lot of use is the popcorn buckets! We use those for movie night a lot! Love them! We will probably get new ones. We got the MNSSHP buckets last time so maybe we'll get regular ones this time. We really didn't buy much though. I'm not a shopper!

When I was young (probably between 2-10) I would get a small collectable figurine. Then about 10-20ish was the era of the jaw breaker! I would always get a big Mickey jaw breaker and take home with me. This was also around the same time I became obsessed with Pooh, and would hunt down Pooh items every trip. In in my mid 20's now :eek: , and the last few trips I've been sticking with the Mickey Rice Crispy head. Even when family members go they bring me back a rice crispy.

The ONE thing I think we have bought every trip (as far back as I can remember) at WDW is the frozen strawberry bar. That is a tradition that can not be broken. :woohoo:

we always get a magnet! But here is what makes it unique...it has to smell good!

How this started??
My dd kept taking the magnet off the fridge after our trip and saying "it smells like Disney World" we just smiled and said ok sure whatever:confused3 finally after her doing it a million times we smelled it and low and behold it smells like delicious cookies!! So next trip we searched and searched and found one that smells the same! We will see if our luck holds up next year and we can find one again.:goodvibes

I bought my daughter a silver charm bracelet on her first visit. Everytime we go she gets to pick out another charm. She'll get her 4th one this year, not bad for a 7 year old;)

I always get an ornament at DTD and magnets.
DD8 gets pins and one stuffed animal.
DS5 gets one stuffed animal and something Pirates.

I am a sucker for Disney gift shops. DH says I am worse than a kid! Can't resist the kitchen gadgets, notepads, good pens, photo albums!!

Can't wait to blow some more money in 17 days :lmao:

My tradition is to buy a Disney ornament with the year on it. Each year, I buy a new ornament with the year on it to signify something big that we did or that happened in that year (new house, new pregnancy, or a vacation spot are some that I've used). The last time, I also bought a second ornament that didn't have the year on it since I thought it was nice and different. It is a Mickey Santa hat ornament that goes over a mini light bulb from the tree to make it glow red.

DH likes to get a tee shirt or 2. We also like to collect the pressed pennies. Other than that, we don't have anything that we buy trip after trip.

I also get a dated Christmas ornament every year. I don't open them though....they will be for my son when he is older. I put them in a box with a picture of him from that particular trip. I also get a photo pass picture of he and I in front of the castle.

That's so sweet! I like that tradition.

I have special ornaments for each child that I started buying on their first Christmas (well, really, before they were born since I have 3 "we're pregnant" ornaments, too). Each will have up to child's 5th Christmas (Hallmark series ornaments) and then ones that they get to pick out afterwards. I'm going to give them their ornaments when they are adults and have their own trees.

We always get WAY too many Mickey Premium Bars, the Blanket that is availble for spending $x amount at stores, something kitcheny...

DP and I each buy a Disney stuffed character per trip. ...and we can't make up our minds yet which one we want on the next trip! ....I'm thinking Minnie or Daisy this time... I love my Donald, and I think he's missing his girl...

I am always buying ornaments for our Christmas Tree, but we always have to have at least one that has the year painted on it. I also buy a snow globe for DD10 and a Precious Moments figurine for DD8 because they collect them. I am also a sucker for the different Disney World throws (they are usually a purchase with purchase), anytime I see one, I have to get it....the problem is, I am running out of room in my house for them. I guess it is time to get a bigger house :rotfl2:.

Ever since we have been going for the last 6 years my two girls always get a stuffed Owl and a Beaver from the Canada Pavilion at the Northwest Mercantile. My youngest gets the Owl and my oldest gets the Beaver.

They always take the originals they got the first year and name the new ones they purchase each year. Every year when we get to Epcot I always tell them that Disney has closed the Canada Pavilion just before we round the corner at the Rose Garden. Of course they never believe me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter