• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Traditions....What do you buy every trip?

I like to get the fridge magnet that is the dated frame magnet and put a picture of the kids from that trip in it. I love watching how big they got from one trip to another!! :goodvibes We also like to buy the beach towel that is featured that year.:)

We always get a picture frame, an ornament, and one of those hand-drawn character images you can get from the animators :D

We also grab a map from every park, to save, when we are about to go. It's nice to pull them out and think about the rides later. ;)

Every time we go to Disney, I always purchase a Disney Ornament my last night there. Does anyone else have a tradition>:lovestruc

We have the same tradition. We put the name and year or holiday. Sometimes we buy more than one. I will tell you our Living Room Tree is all Disney Travel oranaments and is is eight feet tall and covered. Everyone who visits loves the tree and takes alot of time to read them. :santa:

My tradition is to buy a Disney ornament with the year on it. Each year, I buy a new ornament with the year on it to signify something big that we did or that happened in that year (new house, new pregnancy, or a vacation spot are some that I've used). The last time, I also bought a second ornament that didn't have the year on it since I thought it was nice and different. It is a Mickey Santa hat ornament that goes over a mini light bulb from the tree to make it glow red.

DH likes to get a tee shirt or 2. We also like to collect the pressed pennies. Other than that, we don't have anything that we buy trip after trip.

We have that ornament...still had to get another dated one though!:santa:

We always get WAY too many Mickey Premium Bars, the Blanket that is availble for spending $x amount at stores, something kitcheny...

DO the blankets change each year? Or is it the same? This year we bought the castle blanket on out first trip :D

This was our first trip in January, but we bought a few christmas ornaments, some mugs and some magnets both the year and the new design they have ben using on most of the merchandise, with all the characters in front of the castle.

:)

Christmas ornament, seasoning and tea from the Spice and Tea Exchange Store, t-shirts with year on them, dole whip and a turkey legs

A Mickey antenna topper is always on the list. Need to remember to take that little sucker off when I go through the carwash! :rolleyes1

I think I have purchased the lavender and/or rose candies in the France section at Epcot for almost every trip I've taken to WDW.

I always get a fridge magnet, a new keychain, some type of kitchen item (Mickey cookie cutter, oven mitt, spatula & glasses so far), and a piece of jewelry (sterling silver Tinkerbell earrings, sterling silver Mickey earrings, a pretty Mickey watch, & last trip we picked a pearl in Japan, and I put it in a carriage shaped pearl cage on a necklace). My niece has a fondness for hair barrettes & backpacks and is usually able to talk us into buying multiples of each :rotfl:

I always get a new ceramic Mickey hand from the kitchen store. Every year my wife finds a way to break it so I have to buy a new one. After 3 straight years I guess that qualifies as a tradition now? :laughing:

I forgot - we get an animation cell along with a lithograph. We're running out of wall space. :)

Coffee cups and the "year-embroidered" knit shirt. Really ticked me off in 2011 because they never made a "2011" polo shirt last year, at least according to the information desk at the WOD on three seperate trips. Glad to see one back a couple of weeks ago. I jumped right on it.

i always get the "souvenir" park mugs, like the ones you can find at popcorn stands - similar to the popcorn bucket! I'm obsessed, sometimes theres different ones in each park, sometimes they all have the same. Occasionally i will see someone walking around with a mug i've never seen before and then its chaos trying to locate it!!! :rotfl: totally running out of room though!:rotfl2:

We always buy an ornament, a picture frame and lately something for the kitchen.

my middle daughter always buys a snowglobe.

my son buys a new stuffed animal.

i always get a new WDW tie. It's normally very subtle and i love the people reactions at work when they say..."hey I see Mickey Mouse on your tie!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter