ToTW lounge access ending?

Maybe the idea is to stop free fireworks view at BLT and offer a platform at Riviera for Epcot and Studios fireworks. Epcot is going to get a new show, it might have higher bursts and drones like the cute show they did at DS and Riviera could have good view of that. With TotW closed, members would move to Riviera, check the resort and get interested in an add-on.
Until they'll close that in favor of a MK fireworks viewing platform at Reflections: Disney rehab center.
The reallocation made me sour, I might be seeing evil plans everywhere. Give me a year or two and it'll pass.

I'm 90% certain that TOTWL itself did end up declared into the BLT association. At the time there seemed to be a lot of discussion about it but that is what DVD ultimately decided to do. That made it different from the handling of another similar space at BWV.

The BLT purchase docs specifically state that TOTWL is "not part of the timeshare plan" and buyers should not purchase in anticipation of having access to it.

The BLT purchase docs specifically state that TOTWL is "not part of the timeshare plan" and buyers should not purchase in anticipation of having access to it.

But that doesn't make the space not part of the association. It is mostly a statement that "yo, this may not be public space or a lounge for 50 years."

Disney responded to some stuff on Facebook that says TOTWL is still going to be open to members, for whatever that is worth. Which is to say not a lot. The dining package overrides blackout dates, according to the same source.

A couple of points:
1) DVC did state in sales litature that the lounge was not part of the timeshare portion BUT they sure used the lounge as a way of selling BLT points.
2) The Facebook Post (which has now miraculously disappeared) used ambiguous phrases such as “if available” when asked if DVC members could still use it.
Wake up people - this is another bait and switch that we have seen Disney do before. There is no benefit whatsoever to DVC members. Another benifit taken away from Disney’s most devoted customers

I realize they can take away TOTW access, but I did not realize until seeing this crummy dining package that acmes was set to expire next week. This is on of my favorite perks that makes DVC feel special to me. Makes me angry that it's turning into another add on package.

Based on the lack of communication, I suspect TOTW access continues next week. But there is no full-year commitment and it's subject to change. This dining thing may be an intermediate phase.

That link doesn't seem like they are ending access to members. Just another add on dining and reserved fireworks viewing thing.

That is how I read it, plus it gives a reservation to those that want to park and not pay valet since you cant just park at Contemporary anymore with out a reservation.

That is how I read it, plus it gives a reservation to those that want to park and not pay valet since you cant just park at Contemporary anymore with out a reservation.

Until they update the TOTWL member benefits page stating that access goes past Dec 31, 2918 one would have to think it's ending. Seems like incredibly short notice but then again this is the group that was promoting the Member Mingle at Reunion Station which members showed up to only to learn nobody there had heard of it - and subsequently we learned it had been nixed after a lot of confusion about what was going on.

This would not surprise me at all. When we bought in 2009 the sales office gave us a pitch about exclusive access only for Bay Lake Tower owners. A few years later that changed to every DVC member from any property.

Is it unique? Sure I guess. Lets be honest though does TOTWL really offer any exclusivity over say California Grill's viewing deck? The place is for the most part dead except, as others have stated, when the fireworks are going off. Nothing unique on the drink menu that can't be had elsewhere, the bar food menu is 'meh' save for the 7 layer cake. TOTWL needs a gut and rebuild into something more. Utilize the entire roof area instead of the tiny lounge. Something which can provide the level of service California Grill provides but with a different faire.

Until they update the TOTWL member benefits page stating that access goes past Dec 31, 2918 one would have to think it's ending. Seems like incredibly short notice but then again this is the group that was promoting the Member Mingle at Reunion Station which members showed up to only to learn nobody there had heard of it - and subsequently we learned it had been nixed after a lot of confusion about what was going on.

Since they only mention “black out” on December 30, and 31st 2018, I have emailed MS to be sure we ARE allowed up there on the 30th. It does not state that if you are staying at BLT you can go up those dates. We are staying at BLT BECAUSE we want to go up. I have not heard back, and I emailed them the day the new experience came out.

We enjoy eating at the Wave, going on this new experience means no more TIW discount. We will probably try it once, maybe in February when we stay at the Poly, but that trip is more for Epcot’s Festival of the Arts, not MKs fireworks.

On our early December trip, 12 nights, we went to TOTW twice for fireworks. We have used the lounge for Disboards meets as well and for friends who do not have APs and so, do not go to parks every day and for our own enjoyment. I will be sad to see the free experience it go away, and sadder then I am on the new point structure. I can borrow our way to the resort experience we want in most cases. I don’t like the Cali Grill food experience with fireworks as much as some others.

While I don't have any interest in the new dining package I find it odd that they would restrict a paid event to direct purchasers. Having the "privilege" of booking a $75 dinner doesn't scream perk to me. Especially since I assume it doesn't include alcohol- you could eat at California Grill for that price?

Still confused about access to the lounge though. Are they saying it will only be open to direct purchasers generally, or only open to direct purchasers who are staying at BLT? Lame change in all respects.

Last edited:
I can't recommend buying direct from Disney for points. What few perks is not worth the cost. If we buy any more, it will be resale. Or just buy into RCI.

While I don't have any interest in the new dining package I find it odd that they would restrict a paid event to direct purchasers. Having the "privilege" of booking a $75 dinner (w/ tax and gratuity) doesn't scream perk to me.

On the other hand, that is exactly what they were (are?) doing at Reunion Station, including the little classes, and, for that matter, with member cruises (which cost more than typical DCL sailings).

On the other hand, that is exactly what they were (are?) doing at Reunion Station, including the little classes, and, for that matter, with member cruises (which cost more than typical DCL sailings).

Is Reunion Station actually a success, though? With how they are pushing it in their Disney Files magazine, it seems to me that they are desperate to convince enough people that it's worth the money to make it profitable.

Is Reunion Station actually a success, though? With how they are pushing it in their Disney Files magazine, it seems to me that they are desperate to convince enough people that it's worth the money to make it profitable.

I think it was a dismal failure with the first length of stay, everyone in your room requirement. Just the fact they changed it and loosened the requirements sooooo much tells that story. It's just a guess but I'd think it's probably seeing a little more use now that you can choose your days. For me it's not an actual club level unless it has offerings multiple times a day or even all day long. As it is I'd rather pick a restaurant to go to between 4-6PM for apps and drinks and know what the menu will be - that it's things I want - vs whatever they decide to put out that day. It's just weird.

I think it was a dismal failure with the first length of stay, everyone in your room requirement. Just the fact they changed it and loosened the requirements sooooo much tells that story. It's just a guess but I'd think it's probably seeing a little more use now that you can choose your days. For me it's not an actual club level unless it has offerings multiple times a day or even all day long. As it is I'd rather pick a restaurant to go to between 4-6PM for apps and drinks and know what the menu will be - that it's things I want - vs whatever they decide to put out that day. It's just weird.

Agreed. I'm staying at CCV next week and taking making use of Reunion Station never even crossed my mind until I just read that previous post. Not only do I have no interest in burning that much money, I also don't like the idea of Disney telling me exactly where and when I need to be in order to make use of it. Just showing up at any bar I want, whenever I want, and spending what I want is infinitely more appealing, as is just bringing my own snacks and drinks to my room for at most 1/10th the cost.

They may be able to squeeze a few more people with TOTWL, due to it's moderately unique location and views, but that current package is not at all appealing to me.

I made no claim that Reunion Station meets any standard that could be labeled success, but it is a good example of a pay-to-poay direct "benefit."

I sure hope BRV and CCV owners aren't funding Reunion Station, including construction costs. They did try to talk it up big at the annual member meeting earlier this month.

Is there anything confirmed yet about access to TOTWL? I have seen FB DVC responses that are vague, but others in some of the FB DVC groups I'm in swear that access is confirmed for TOTWL based on these vague FB responses and screenshots of chats with MS. I know the site doesn't include dates past Dec 2018. It seems the rest of the site is updated, though.

To be clear, nothing about keeping access as it is currently is confirmed yet, correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter