ToTW lounge access ending?

Madame

DIS Veteran
Anyone else see the DVCNews article indicating that Totwl access for members was ending, but you can buy a dessert package for $59 for a meal & dessert & fireworks viewing from the lounge. I thought dues paid for that lounge?!?

I cannot find anything on the DVC Member Site. I see the artlicle you referenced, though.

I cannot find anything on the DVC Member Site. I see the artlicle you referenced, though.
I am very unhappy with the new DVC leadership. And all this right before XMas so that most members aren't paying attention...

I think we are getting ahead of ourselves. The article sates that charging DVC members to do something that is already their’s to do suggests there may be changes afoot for top of the world. However no official change has been announced to my knowledge.I do believe it is official that DVC holds the lease through 2019.
ETA: I guess I’m wrong about that.

Last edited:
It goes along with the crazy increase in dues and the 'screw job' on the 2020 points reallocation.
It's sure looks like it time to unload all my points before they have a major drop in value. It was a great 26 years, but that has been going down hill quickly. Good luck to all you new buyers.

No DVC dues go toward TOWL or the EPCOT lounge. Those are freely given by Disney/DVD. I asked that specific question at the board meeting this year, "Are we getting charged easements or rent for TOWL or the Lounge?" If we were then, I would think that we would have claim to income generated by those properties. The answer was no. Many of the amenities are freely given to enhance the properties, even though many operate at a loss, which we are not responsible for.

I would suspect that TOTWL operates at a loss. It's pretty dead except for 30 mins before the fireworks. Everyone stampedes in, occupies seats orders 1 item or no items, and then stampedes out.

The only revenue that goes toward DVC owners is the new parking fee. In fact, it was initiated to help bear some of the brunt of impending increases.

No DVC dues go toward TOWL or the EPCOT lounge.

This is not accurate. EPCOT is paid by DVC marketing. But the BLT space is part of the condo association. YOu are not charged rent. The condo association rents it out.

This is why it cannot be restricted to dieect like the EPCOT lounge. It is part of the condo association and thus part of the real estate interest.

This is not accurate. EPCOT is paid by DVC marketing. But the BLT space is part of the condo association. YOu are not charged rent. The condo association rents it out.

This is why it cannot be restricted to dieect like the EPCOT lounge. It is part of the condo association and thus part of the real estate interest.

The common area maybe, but the lounge itself is not... so I was told

Does the common area include fireworks viewing areas? Cause if it does then this is pretty sketchy.

Typically common areas include things like hallways, roof maintenance, paint, carpet, elevators, stuff like that.

I do not own at BLT and am not clear on TOWL's status but I believe it is likely a "Commercial Unit" in the BLT DVC condominium. Commercial Units are more or less their own animal within a DVC resort. The owner of the unit can rent it out for commercial purposes (store, restaurant, TOWL, other). That owner, whom I suspect is currently DVD, not the association, is responsible, along with whomever it rents to, for all maintenance and repair of the commercial units and costs associated with their internal operation such as utility costs. The member dues do not go towards maintenance of commercial units themselves but do pay for maintenance of limited common elements that service the unit, such as walkways leading into it.The Commercial Units contribute to dues but a very small sum -- a Commercial Unit is deemed to own only .00000001% of the common elements and contributes to the dues for all common expenses of the resort on that share basis.

The owner of that commercial unit could at any time decide to make using TOWL a paying activity for members (and others) rather than a free one for members.

Last edited:
I do not own at BLT and am not clear on TOWL's status but I believe it is likely a "Commercial Unit" in the BLT DVC condominium. Commercial Units are more or less their own animal within a DVC resort. The owner of the unit can rent it out for commercial purposes (store, restaurant, TOWL, other). That owner, whom I suspect is currently DVD, not the association, is responsible, along with whomever it rents to, for all maintenance and repair of the commercial units and costs associated wither operation such as utility costs. The member dues do not go towards maintenance of commercial units themselves but do pay for maintenance of limited common elements that service the unit, such as walkways leading into it.The Commercial Units contribute to dues but a very small sum -- a Commercial Unit is deemed to own only .00000001% of the common elements and contributes to the dues for all common expenses of the resort on that share basis.

The owner of that commercial unit could at any time decide to make using TOWL a paying activity for members (and others) rather than a free one for members.

That sounds like what I was told at the meeting

We have often eaten at the Wave and then gone up to the TOTW, so, this is something I could see us doing. May try it in February.

Points charts up for majority.
Prices per point up, and going up again.
Dues through the roof.
Now will TOTWL be taken away unless you pony up $75 a head including tax and tip (blue card only, no DVC discount)?
All kept quiet at the lacklustre member’s meeting.
This new management has lost trust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!