ToTW lounge access ending?

Look at ot from a business standpoint. A group of 4 comes up, maybe spend 20 bucks total. Maybe only one person gets a drink. OR they can charge a fixed price for a meal and require everyone to pay that price to come up. The lounge is not self sufficient, it relies on sales of food and drink. Therefore if not everyone is buying when they come they are losing money. Disney will squeeze every penny they can for such prime real estate. Doesn't matter whether it is DVC or not. The bottom line is that the rooftop lounge is an extra that can go away at any time. And if it is not as profitable as it could be rest assured Disney will find a way to make it profitable.

Disney did look at it from a business standpoint and tried it with Reunion Station. That model lasted 8 months of most likely being in the red the whole time, while Top of the World has been open for almost 10 years.
Could their system use a tweak in order to maximize profits? Sure. But rewriting the whole business plan to restrict it more would not benefit them.

All the bloodthirsty "shun the resale!" crowd really are short sighted. Should they ever need to sell, destroying resale value is not going to work out well for them.

For some, but not all people. Technically the rooftop is paid for by BLT owners anyway. The lounge is self-sufficient. I'm sure there are people who stop in there and don't buy anything, but it's not a large portion of the people who spend time in there. At $15 a drink, they don't need everyone to buy one to pay for itself.
It isnt paid for by BLT tower owners. I explicitly asked this when deciding to purchase. There is not budget on the MF for it. It is supported by DVC.

It isnt paid for by BLT tower owners. I explicitly asked this when deciding to purchase. There is not budget on the MF for it. It is supported by DVC.

The lounge, no, but the elevators that take people up there sure are. The actual maintenance of a few railings I would assume is a very low cost item, and I am sure if the people standing up on the concrete roof somehow cracked it, that would be covered for with MFs, not drink purchases.

The lounge, no, but the elevators that take people up there sure are. The actual maintenance of a few railings I would assume is a very low cost item, and I am sure if the people standing up on the concrete roof somehow cracked it, that would be covered for with MFs, not drink purchases.
Actually the lounge does pay for those items when you look in POS there is some language to say so. It’s the same as any tenant in any building.

This is not quite the right question, though. The space for both TOTW AND for the Cove Bar at the pool are both declared into the condo association. By declaring the commercial phases into DVC inventory, DVC made them legally a part of the leasehold condominium that belongs to the DVC membership. They're part of the common areas belonging to all Bay Lake Tower owners.

As such, they can't restrict a BLT resale owner from the spaces. They can potentially restrict other owners from other resorts. But those spaces are in the condo association.

This is not quite the right question, though. The space for both TOTW AND for the Cove Bar at the pool are both declared into the condo association. By declaring the commercial phases into DVC inventory, DVC made them legally a part of the leasehold condominium that belongs to the DVC membership. They're part of the common areas belonging to all Bay Lake Tower owners.

As such, they can't restrict a BLT resale owner from the spaces. They can potentially restrict other owners from other resorts. But those spaces are in the condo association.
Actually the space is declared as a commercial space and only a commercial space. Just as if you owned a condo building that had a storefront (that would be a commercial space). Just because the Association owns it doesn't mean you have a right to use whatever business is there. Say you own a condo and the storefront is a for pay gym. You can only enter that gym when below capacity and you've paid for the entrance. Top of the World is exactly this the commercial space is BLT but is "leased" out to Top of the World. There is no guarantee you can enter the space as Disney could in theory restrict this through the business arm leasing the commercial space. Also this was confirmed from Higher ups that it works exactly like this.

One shouldn't confuse commercial space and Top of the World are the exact same thing. One is the actual unit leased to a business.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter