Top 3 (or more) favorite things to do -- that AREN'T rides!

1. Riding the Monorail.
2. Watching Water Parade and MK fireworks from Trader Sam's deck - relaxing with snackies and NO CROWDS!
3. Hunting coin press machines.

It's so tough picking out just three, but I did my best!

1. Strolling around WS at night while enjoying the nooks and crannies of each country
2. Hanging out at or going to visit Animal Kingdom Lodge (feels like home)
3. Seeing FoTLK

1. Ride the boats, particularly the one to wilderness lodge. Peaceful and pretty.
2. Walk around Animal Kingdom. So well themed. Different during the day and at night.
3. Magic kingdom Fireworks. Watch them from different places different nights. In park, behind the castle, from the poly, California grill, monorail, etc.

Renting a surrey bike at the BW. It was hot and miserable but the look of pure joy on DD's face was priceless! That's going to be a tradition from now on.

Strolling through WS and playing Agent P's WSA. They're all fun but the one in Mexico is our favorite, DH and I get a margarita while DD plays and it's nice and cool inside the pyramid.

Watching Illuminations, especially on the 4th of July.

Playing in Stormalong Bay.

Sorry that was 4. I have many more - too many to list! Honestly we could have a perfectly wonderful time at Disney without ever getting on a single ride!

Are you talking free or paid for?

Free MK:
Climbing the Swiss Family Robertson Tree house - technically I guess that might be a ride but not many people enjoy it. We loved the movie and book so we like to take our time and look at the details in the rooms. At night you can look out over Main Street.
Riding the train - again technically a ride but not really. I love the little scenes that pop up.
Finding the little hidden out of the way places and details.

Free AK:
Walking the trails, we like to take our time and look at all the details, read the facts about the animals.
Watching the street entertainment.
Not so free: Going to Nomad Lounge, a must for us.

Free HS:
We used to wander around the backstreets and look in the windows, alas that is no more but we do still like to look in the details of windows. The one outside the exit of ToT have some cool stuff in them. All the store fronts on the main drag have cool costumes.
Watching Jedi Training, some of the kids are so cute in their fierce intent.
Going through the Walt Disney museum.
Not so free: Baseline Tap House - my son loves craft beer

Free Epcot:
Wandering around through all the gardens behind and around the countries - I love the China one.
Going into the tile room and just sitting at Morrocco
Wandering around the living seas and watching the fish
Not so free Epcot:
Diving in the Living Seas
Behind the seeds tour at the Land

All around all the parks: Just getting something to drink (refreshing adult beverage in the parks that allow them) or an ice cream cone and sitting and looking at the details all around you. Slowly walking around the parks and again, paying attention to the small details.

I love this thread! Planning our return to WDW in 2019. It's been 10 years since we were there, and my best memories were of the quiet moments and down times.

So - nothing to add, but following along. Thanks to all for the wonderful suggestions!

I love the rides but this is my daughters list (please remember when laughing she is 17).

1. Shopping In Epcot
2. Shopping In Disney Springs
3. Going to Animal Kingdome Lodge and Poly to shop in their giftshops (she insists they are the best on property).

Wow thanks so much guys !!

You have literally changed my plans with your suggestions.

Guidebooks tell you all these things. But posts like these really amplify how amazing the little things can be.

Never would have thought to do a monorail tour. Now I will.

Keep the suggestions coming.

If you have more than three. Make a new post !!!! :). The more the better!

Walking down Main Street and seeing the castle for the first. And just walking down Main Street. I love the vibe.

Drinking around the world at Epcot.

Fireworks!

Hearing star light star bright during wishes, something happily ever ever will never make me feel

Oops that’s not around anymore... ;)

1. Character Meals and watching my son hug them and get so excited over meeting all the characters (and of course yummy food)
2. Festival of the Lion King (actually any of the shows but I have to say we do this one each time and never miss it)
3. Epcot world showcase - eating and drinking around the world - especially Karamel Kuche in Germany which is MY FAVORITE!

1. Voices of Liberty!
2. Dapper Dans
3. The Void at Disney Springs -- not a ride but an incredible VR Star Wars experience

1) EATING! My faves are the Food & Wine Festival and Artist Point. Yes, its a magical experience for me. :lmao:
2) Watching the street performers and musicians at AK. They're all so amazing! Its so unique and it gives that park so much life.
3) Its a tie between Dapper Dans and Happily Ever After. Theyre both so AMAZING to watch!!!!

I like the shows that pop up. Although many are scheduled, we don't usually plan our days around them and rely on dumb luck to run into one. On our trip a couple weeks ago, we ran into the Vikings in Norway, the balancing act in France, the French Canadian band in Canada (All WS/EPCOT), two musicians in Africa, and the Carnivale party (AK), The Muppets, Dance Party, and Big Stage show (in MK). If you have strict schedule to beat the lines, get to your FP+ deadlines, etc... then you can miss out on the fun of just stopping to enjoy things that fall in your lap.

We were staying at the AKL so we could enjoy down time watching the animals on the savannah. Even if you are not a guest, you can stop in to walk around. It is an amazing thing to see. Sit by the fireplace with a drink, talk to the animal expert at the savannah overlook, etc..

1. Take the boat from the Poly to MK early in the morning
  2. Get pixie dusted on Main Street USA every time I walk into MK
  3. Have breakfast delivered to the room after sleeping in

3 of our family's favorites :
1. Participating in all the activities and earning all the badges of the Wilderness Explorers Notebook in AK that allow you to discover all of the park (except Pandora).
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/animal-kingdom/wilderness-explorers/
2. Buying the Epcot passport and then filling it with great memories (autographs and stickers) in each station of the 11 countries thanks to the great local CM.
3. Exploring Tom Sawyer's Island at MK, its fort, its mines, its mill, ...
And as a BONUS : Resting in a dark booth listening quietly to the wonderful Song of the Rainforest at Rafiki's Planet Watch (Conservation Station).

Got to chime in:

1) Taking a horse and buggy ride at POR or WL. Peaceful, beautiful, romantic!
2) In MK, watching the glass blower work at Arrabas Brothers crystal shop.
3) walking around AK, all of it! I love the different areas with their incredible theming. The food is great too:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter