Top 3 (or more) favorite things to do -- that AREN'T rides!

My absolute favorite thing to do at Disney is hang out in the World Showcase.

Sometimes we might be exploring something like the shops or gardens. Other times, we might catch entertainment. Many times, we’re sitting on a bench people watching. I love the atmosphere there—the sights, the sounds, the vibe of the crowd.

Like PPs, I really enjoy the boat rides of Disney transportation. The Friendship boat across World Showcase lagoon or Crescent Lake, the boat between MK and the GF and Poly, the boat to WL and FW, and the boat between Disney Springs and Port Orleans. I adore the scenery on all these boats.

And for three, I am a huge fan of the fireworks/night time shows. Illuminations, Fantasmic and now HEA although I haven’t come to love it as much as Wishes yet.

Great thread.
1. taking the boat ride from POR to Disney Springs and getting a milk shake at Ghiradelli's.
2. buying a Disney baseball cap on Main St. and getting autographs signed on the hat during our vacation.
3. the family having fish and chips in Epcot from the Yorkshire County Fish Shop and then watch Illuminations.

#1 Watching my girls at any of the dance parties.
#2 Watching the fireworks from the balcony of The Contemporary while the music is playing on the TV.
#3 Dole Whips :)

What's the purple wall?
It was an actual purple wall in Tomorrowland. There is even merchandise like hats and shirts that say "Meet me at the Purple Wall". It has now been repainted as part of the update of the area.

1) I think number one would be the moments where you sort of step back and watch it all rush past. For us this often involved cocktails. One of my favorite moment in our recent trip took place at the Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge. We had just been on Tower of Terror which surprisingly (I'm afraid of heights) didn't really bother me but really sort of shook my husband. On our way in I pulled the hostess aside and ordered both the martini and margarita flights. It's not a terribly large amount of alcohol but the presentation is really impressive and it's just fun. We hadn't even got our water yet when here they came and my husband, assuming they were going somewhere else of course, joked that maybe we should order those. The way his eyes lit up when they put them on our table--"sure beats a basket of bread"--was awesome. We sat there for a couple hours drinking and snacking and chatting and watching it all go by.

2) We did memory maker and I was really surprised at how much we enjoyed running around having our picture taken. We thought the photographers were great.

3) Definitely the night time spectacles. We loved HEA, Rivers of Light, Illuminations and Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam. Oh, and we also saw Fantasmic.:duck:

1. Family time together. I don't care what we do, it's nice to be together and share in the experience.
2. Hoopty Doo Revue is such a fun, classic show. (I also loved the old MK opening show, but it has been replaced.)
3. Walking around World Showcase. Shopping, doing the passports, having a drink, eating a nice meal and finishing it off with Illuminations.

1) Jedi Training
2) Cinderella's Royal Table
3) The shows and fireworks (Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo were our favs!) and of course the fireworks at MK!

and to add one more.. we really enjoyed the BBB and Pirates League, both were awesome makeovers and totally worth the price we paid. So many great memories! It was our first time going too and we dream every day about getting to go back.

You don't know how this thread has made my day. I have recently experienced a neurological problem that will eventually preclude my getting on a lot of rides if one can't stay in a wheelchair. This thread reminds me that there is still so much that I will be able to do.

Arminnie - I'm so sorry for your situation. I've enjoyed this thread, too, but your reason makes it all the better. So much magic to experience, no matter what! :)

Great thread.
1. taking the boat ride from POR to Disney Springs and getting a milk shake at Ghiradelli's.
2. buying a Disney baseball cap on Main St. and getting autographs signed on the hat during our vacation.
3. the family having fish and chips in Epcot from the Yorkshire County Fish Shop and then watch Illuminations.
I love the buying a Disney ball cap on Main St and getting autographs signed on it. New tradition

Like PP said, it’s a purple wall in Tomorrowland. It’s become a thing you see all over Instagram/social media. Every park in wdw has its own wall!

So, what about this wall? What's special about it? Is it some special photo op? Why does each location have a unique walk. I guess I'm out of the loop on this one.

It was an actual purple wall in Tomorrowland. There is even merchandise like hats and shirts that say "Meet me at the Purple Wall". It has now been repainted as part of the update of the area.

so, no more purple wall, guess I'm too late.

Guess I'll see that merch at the outlet :rotfl2:

FOTLK
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor (so stupid, but I crack up at the people they pick on all the time)
Tusker Beer while watching animals @ AKL
Fantasmic!

Festival of the Lion King
Frozen Sing Along (Corny but cute)
All the nighttime spectaculars at all the parks (Don't try to do them all in one trip though, if you have small kids who don't do well with staying up late)

1. Pontoon boat ride around Seven Seas lagoon
2. Rent a golf cart at the Fort and look at the RV's- they decorate their spaces year round but especially fun at Halloween and Christmas.
3. Go to Animal Kingdom Lodge and watch the animals from the viewing areas.

so, no more purple wall, guess I'm too late.

Guess I'll see that merch at the outlet :rotfl2:
I just read about it the other day. It was repainted but still in purple They left that part of the wall purple. I'll try to find what I read and come back with the link.

Here's an entry from Disney Parks late last year about the walls - https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...isney-parks-super-fans-deem-instagram-worthy/, but it's not what I read the other day.

Here's another more recent post - http://blogmickey.com/2018/03/famous-purple-wall-being-repainted-for-enhanced-spring-debut/, but I could've sworn I saw a picture of the repainting the other day. It seems like it was on here, on the disboards somewhere, in a thread talking about magic shots, but I can't find it now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter