Top 3 (or more) favorite things to do -- that AREN'T rides!

Erik the Red

Mouseketeer
As a first timer, planning a Disney trip is not easy!

Just wondering what everyone's Top 3 favorite moments/experiences were for you at Disney that weren't rides!

PS -- If you would like to post more than 3, feel free to add more! :)

I just chose 3 to make it easy to skim through the posts and identify other areas of interest for people.

Last edited:
Tough question but I would say
1) Walking down Main Street heading to the Castle for the first time.
2) Meeting all the characters. Either through meet and greets or character meals.
3) walking through the worlds at Epcot eating and drinking.

Last edited:
Walking around Disney Springs in the evening. Usually our arrival night, so that adds to the special feeling. We espeially enjoy the "west side." In addition to the nice shops and atmosphere, we enjoy watching candy makers through store windows (dipping Mickey apples in chocolate for example).

Visiting Deluxe resorts. The monorail ones are easiest (and it's a cool ride) but others are doable and provide unique transportation pportunities also. Nice to walk around in a more emersive resort theme, take photos, maybe grab a meal, etc.

Spend time at the resort pool. After many trips we've learned to schedule more "off" days to just chill at the resort... use the pool, walk around, etc.

1. Walking around AK on the animal trails and seeing all the details of Africa and Asia (haven’t seen Pandora yet).
2. Waliking around the WS eating, drinking and shopping.
3. Watching the nighttime fireworks and shows.

Well, there's so much that isn't a ride that I think you need to tailor this a bit or maybe break it into different posts. I mean, you have dining experience, shows, the down times, the resort stuff, etc etc. You're asking to get some advice and ideas as a first-timer, right?

That said:

1. Happily Ever After
2. (Redacted for inappropriateness on a family-friendly site)*
3. Eating around the World Showcase

*just kidding
(maybe)
:-)

1. Holding my daughter up to see Tinkerbell fly over. It was so magical I cried.

2. The boat ride from wilderness lodge to magic kingdom. It was such a relaxing way to end our days.

3. Enjoying the resort lobby. There was so much to do at the hotel itself - it was unexpected and lovely!

Oh, there's so much! These aren't necessarily my top 3, just 3 of the great non-ride activities.
1. Catching ANY live performance: Citizens of Hollywood, Dapper Dans, Voices of Liberty, any live music in Harambe, Chinese acrobats.
2. Festival of the Lion King
3. Sampling foods from Epcot's Flower and Garden outdoor kitchens

Take a launch from MK to GF and then Poly.
Get off at Poly. Take in the sights and get a Dole Whip.
Take Monorail to GF and take in the sights. Take monorail back to MK.

I consider this all one thing.
Sorry......... no 2 or 3 to add to your list!

1. Drinking our way around the world at EPCOT

2. Hanging out playing the group pool games every afternoon at the resort pool, with a cocktail. (Disney Trivia! Name that tune!)

3. One of the most fun times we ever had was renting bicycles riding around Ft. Wilderness.

Walking down Main Street gives me tears every time! ( flashing back to a child watching "The Wonderful World of Disney" as a child). Each time it's a dream come true!
Eating and dining at the many Top notch Signature restaurants and fun character meals.
Watching the fireworks in the parks!

I love walking through the trails in Animal Kingdom at my own pace.

Taking a coffee by Cinderella's Fountain and sitting there, enjoying the quieter area and people watching.

Evening strolls at the Boardwalk.

One of the funniest memories I have at WDW is that time when my family rented one of those 4 person surrey bikes on the Boardwalk and we laughed ourselves silly trying to pedal up the hills :rotfl:It's been at least 10 years since, but we still love to watch other people try to do the same :thumbsup2

Illuminations will forever be my favorite night show because it's been an arrival and departure day family tradition for almost 20 years

Happily Ever After is my favorite "new" night show. The song makes me tear up whenever I hear it :sad:

Photo ops at places like the purple wall, tree of life, etc.
All the nighttime shows.
Walking around Disney Springs and doing some shopping, this family loves souvenirs!

I love all the live entertainment in the Epcot countries (the waiters, the acrobats, etc) and just thoroughly exploring each country. Also snacking “around the world” in Epcot is fun. Walking the trails in AK slowly, the tree awakening at AK is beautiful too. We’re always on the lookout for hidden Mickeys, and all the little details in the MK. Fort wilderness is awesome, fun carriage rides and chip and dale campfire. There’s just so much

Love to play checkers with my son in Town Square outside the candy shop. Love to have fish and chips in Epcot at Yorkshire County Fish Shop. Not only is the food good, but I really enjoy just sitting at the outside table on the patio there to eat. Love to walk through the garden area near the quick service in Japan, have a drink, and enjoy the atmosphere.

Aside from exploring Main street already mentioned several times above, I think the Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach Club at night is a nice area for a stroll. And I have to include riding the monorail!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!