Tipping Concierge...

My
We usually tip $10 per person in our stateroom per day, but that is for the whole team. We also tip the bartender (for the days we partake) and concierge steward (when in the Royal) in cash separately at $15/day each.

If we are in the 1BR or the Royal, we will tip the Room Attendant a bit more as well since the rooms are larger: 50-100% more.

Sounds like we are over-tipping based on this thread ...
sister and I did the math and she has determined that the concierge team will be tipped based on the same rates as all the other tipped positions. She and I agreed that if she gets more from her team than I do from my lack of team they will be tipped $5 per person per day. She has 5 in her room and was told there is a team of 2 or 3 so that is $15 per Concierge person per day given. She said she would tip the bar tender per drink whether (did I use the right one?) she paid for it or not, so the happy hour drinks would be in cash $1 per drink (like in the real world) and if she charged a drink to her room she would tip then $1 too. She felt that the concierge team should be paid more than a Room Ninja or a Server because they should be working harder. She also has never sailed before so she doesn't know what it is to sail w/o concierge, so she is going to use my trip as a basis for what she is getting above and beyond what I'm getting.

She said she would tip the bar tender per drink whether (did I use the right one?) she paid for it or not, so the happy hour drinks would be in cash $1 per drink (like in the real world) and if she charged a drink to her room she would tip then $1 too.
If she orders a drink she pays for, a gratuity is added automatically.

Do most people tip the concierge bartenders at the end of the cruise or after each drink?

Do most people tip the concierge bartenders at the end of the cruise or after each drink?
Unless you are bringing cash to the lounge each time there isn’t really an option to. Actually I think you have to bring cash for the bartender at the end too.

Just got back from a Cat V sailing. DH came up with a great tipping plan. We are very low maintenance as far as requests, but we did appreciate the friendliness and the willingness to help that our concierge hosts had. He/we felt that our dining room steward worked harder for us than the concierge staff, though very pleasant, did. He chose to raise the tip for the dining room steward, which was well earned, and then tipped the entire concierge staff the amount recommended for the dining room steward. For us, and our needs, it was the perfect solution. He became good friends with the bartender, and he tipped and cash a significant amount at the end of the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter