Tipping Concierge...

We have stayed in concierge a few times. Most recently 7 nights on the Fantasy this past April in a royal suite. Our team was outstanding. They were able to change our Remy dinner reservation when we realized it fell on animation night in AP. They brought Palo brunch to our room even though you can typically only get Palo or Remy for dinner in your suite, not brunch. The bartender was excellent and knew what we wanted when we came in.
We ate breakfast and lunch on our balcony most days, because it's just easier with the kids. We ordered everything through the concierge. Our son has a food allergy and they always made sure he had something to eat that he would like. Our stateroom attendant was awesome! We tipped him well above the standard.
We tipped each of the concierge hosts $150. I think $75 for the bartender.

How did you like the Royal Suite on the Fantasy? We have the Walt Suite for Eastern Caribbean coming up in a couple of weeks. We have only been in a Royal one other time and that was on the Wonder pre Dry Dock. We are really looking forward to the Walt Suite on the Fantasy. Also how did you get them to serve you Palo Brunch in the room? That's a great score!

How did you like the Royal Suite on the Fantasy? We have the Walt Suite for Eastern Caribbean coming up in a couple of weeks. We have only been in a Royal one other time and that was on the Wonder pre Dry Dock. We are really looking forward to the Walt Suite on the Fantasy. Also how did you get them to serve you Palo Brunch in the room? That's a great score!

I know this wasn't directed to me, but we have stayed in this suite and it is fantastic. For Palo dining, you just have to request it of the concierge team and they set it up. We had the desserts every night in our stateroom even when eating at the MDR's. Fantastic option. It's one of the few times you can literally go from the hot tub to a Palo dinner/brunch in 30 seconds or less. :)

I know this wasn't directed to me, but we have stayed in this suite and it is fantastic. For Palo dining, you just have to request it of the concierge team and they set it up. We had the desserts every night in our stateroom even when eating at the MDR's. Fantastic option. It's one of the few times you can literally go from the hot tub to a Palo dinner/brunch in 30 seconds or less. :)

Thanks for the response.

You got my favorite of the 2, Walt or Roy. Just to note that the Walt and Roy have different layouts on newer ships. For example, I love the bathroom layout in the Walt with the ocean view. The Roy has the TV in the foot of the bed and the sitting area with an ocean view.

You got my favorite of the 2, Walt or Roy. Just to note that the Walt and Roy have different layouts on newer ships. For example, I love the bathroom layout in the Walt with the ocean view. The Roy has the TV in the foot of the bed and the sitting area with an ocean view.

That room layout of the Walt is why we selected it over the Roy. Both were available when booked the cruise.

Same, we also prefer the Walt to the Roy in terms of layout. That said, I prefer to be on the Starboard side typically, but will happily trade that for a stay in Walt's. :)

Good question! We have struggled with this a lot over the years and I'm not saying there is a right answer but this is what we do:
We tip the servers and room stewards more than recommended.
We give the bartender 50$ because they are often amazing.
We then give the hosts 500$ to divide.
We have cruised concierge four times and have been spoiled with amazing staff that deserve every penny they get.
Hope this helps!
You will love the amazing Staff and wonderful experience. Enjoy!

Although I'm not the OP I really do appreciate the advice from the seasoned concierge cruisers on here! I'm sailing concierge next May for the first time and you guys have been very helpful :-)

These are all some good guidelines but just go with what you feel and you will be fine. If we use them more, we tip more..................if we attend more happy hours and the bartender is constantly refilling us, then we tip him more.

Enjoy your cruise

Good question! We have struggled with this a lot over the years and I'm not saying there is a right answer but this is what we do:
We tip the servers and room stewards more than recommended.
We give the bartender 50$ because they are often amazing.
We then give the hosts 500$ to divide.
We have cruised concierge four times and have been spoiled with amazing staff that deserve every penny they get.
Hope this helps!
You will love the amazing Staff and wonderful experience. Enjoy!

I assume these numbers are based on a 7-day ?

Don't forget that in Concierge you also have an assistant stateroom host who does a lot of work too. They're not listed on the tips. We always make sure to give them something.

Don't forget that in Concierge you also have an assistant stateroom host who does a lot of work too. They're not listed on the tips. We always make sure to give them something.

Don't they split tips with the stateroom host?

Don't they split tips with the stateroom host?

That would be up to the lead stateroom host if s/he wanted to share. But why should they be punished because they happen to work concierge? I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people who sail concierge tip both people who work on their cabin. It's only fair.

That would be up to the lead stateroom host if s/he wanted to share. But why should they be punished because they happen to work concierge? I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people who sail concierge tip both people who work on their cabin. It's only fair.

What about those who are unaware ... you'd think they would provide an envelope or line item for it ...

What about those who are unaware ... you'd think they would provide an envelope or line item for it ...

We were unaware when my dad stupidly booked us in Concierge (we are low maintenance and don't use or need all the extra stuff), but even we figured out that only tipping one of them was cruel. It would be one thing if they charged you double the tips, but when it is only being charged for one when you have two...especially if like in our case we SAW the assistant more than the "primary" one. And it is very easy to get extra envelopes and stick cash in them.

Thankfully we wised-up and realized what a waste Concierge is for us.

We were unaware when my dad stupidly booked us in Concierge (we are low maintenance and don't use or need all the extra stuff), but even we figured out that only tipping one of them was cruel. It would be one thing if they charged you double the tips, but when it is only being charged for one when you have two...especially if like in our case we SAW the assistant more than the "primary" one. And it is very easy to get extra envelopes and stick cash in them.

Thankfully we wised-up and realized what a waste Concierge is for us.

Yup ... it's certainly not for everyone ... there should be way more benefits to it, imo ... and they should definitely communicate the tipping structure better.

Yup ... it's certainly not for everyone ... there should be way more benefits to it, imo ... and they should definitely communicate the tipping structure better.

I definitely agree about communicating the tipping structure better. Did I tip enough? Was it not enough? The guessing game is horrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter