Tipping Concierge...

I think we did $200 for a 7nt in may. We used them very little but still appreciated the service. I think we gave $40 to the bartender.

I don't remember how much but we gave our stateroom host, Lawrence, a bigger tip. It wasn't just the bigger room thing, he was outstanding.

This is what we did also, same amounts. We are very, very low maintenance, no special needs or requests other than a quiet place to sit when working (yes, we are "those folks" who work on vacation...). We also pick up after ourselves, keep the room tidy and try not to create extra work for our stateroom host.

We also sent DCL an email after our return home raving about each individual by name that had made a positive impact on our cruise.

The other thing I would add for those of you stressed about this....

We wee friendly with a few other families in concierge and on the last day everyone was asking each other about the tips. Bottom line, most people have little clue about what to do.

Thanks for the info everyone. We leave on Monday and I think I have a good grasp of the gratuity hierarchy now.

We just got off a 7-night aboard the Magic in a cat V room. We had one single host in our stateroom and the concierge hosts were; Kameshia, Tracey, and Emmanuela. And Jermain our bartender and Manuel our food server. They all were fantastic!! This was our first concierge sailing - we tipped each concierge hostess $100 the bartender and server $50 each and gave our stateroom host extra as well. So $400+ for all. If it mattered we had 4 days at sea....hope this helps!

We do 4 night on the Dream and the last cruise we tipped the hosts $150 and the bartender $25. We don't require much and the only thing we book is a cabana ahead of time.

Dream cruise soon. Very low maintenance, need electric cord for my OLD laptop and can't bring one with us since it is NOT ALLOWED so this is a FORCED REQUEST and dinner in room every night, doesn't require anything more than a call in order. NOT WORTH tipping any big money. Total time spent servicing our needs maybe 30 minutes for entire cruise and IMO not worth $150.00 or $300.00/hr. DW does not drink alcohol and I will self serve my espresso habit.

Dream cruise soon. Very low maintenance, need electric cord for my OLD laptop and can't bring one with us since it is NOT ALLOWED so this is a FORCED REQUEST and dinner in room every night, doesn't require anything more than a call in order. NOT WORTH tipping any big money. Total time spent servicing our needs maybe 30 minutes for entire cruise and IMO not worth $150.00 or $300.00/hr. DW does not drink alcohol and I will self serve my espresso habit.

All room service orders in concierge are requested to be directed through concierge. They will order your adr dinners for you.

All room service orders in concierge are requested to be directed through concierge. They will order your adr dinners for you.

Yes, last cruise we ordered at concierge desk earlier in the day from menus. We had the same server all 4 nights. Quiet and elegant.

So, oddly, you used the concierge service. Tip should be involved.

We did tip and will again BUT not $150.00 worth for less than 30 minutes of concierge service. 4 calls for our dinners and sending an electrical cord to our cabin.

Yes, last cruise we ordered at concierge desk earlier in the day from menus. We had the same server all 4 nights. Quiet and elegant.[/QUOT

Were you able to order MDR dinner on the very first night? We're thinking of having all dinners in our room since it's easier with our young kids.

We have been in concierge for probably 8 of our 16 cruises and we love the experience. I would say we are on the higher than average side when tipping concierge and we do so regardless of how much we use them as a service. I think that we know we will be back and I am sure those folks remember the tips they receive and we have received exceptional service every time. Now was that because of how we tipped previously???? I am not sure. But I do know they have bent over backwards to fill every request we have ever made, we have always got a cabana and our DD feels so special every time she cruises and interacts with the hosts.

Sandbtwmytoes,

We order the first night. ACTUALLY, last cruise our concierge host FORGOT to place our order for the first night and we had to go find out why we did not have service when requested. NOT A GOOD CONCIERGE START. :sad2:

You can place your order when the menus are available. It is a wonderful experience for us since we are quiet folks and enjoy the very relaxed cabin experience. Only problem is that it is dark outside so we don't have a view as we dine. :guilty:

We did 4 night on the Dream (Cat V)...tipped the concierge hosts $100 to split, tipped the bartender $40, and added $50 extra for the stateroom host on top of his standard tip. We also tipped the guy who kept the food bar stocked $40...not sure of his title, but his name was Joey and he was constantly working hard. I feel like he gets overlooked a bit in terms of tips from what I've seen on here.

I appreciate everyone's candor on this thread. We sailed concierge a couple of years ago, a 3 nighter. Just DW and myself. I read back through my travel journal but did not record my tip amounts to the concierge team. However, I did record a $40 tip to the server that brought our meal to our room one night. The server comes in, sets the table, and then brings in the appetizers. He waits in the hall for a bit, comes back in and clears the plates and brings in the entrees. He waits awhile outside again, then clears those plates, brings in dessert and coffee. Waits, then cleans up. This was great, luxurious, and the server was very personable - we thought he was awesome. It's a little awkward though. What does everyone else tip the room meal server?

I appreciate everyone's candor on this thread. We sailed concierge a couple of years ago, a 3 nighter. Just DW and myself. I read back through my travel journal but did not record my tip amounts to the concierge team. However, I did record a $40 tip to the server that brought our meal to our room one night. The server comes in, sets the table, and then brings in the appetizers. He waits in the hall for a bit, comes back in and clears the plates and brings in the entrees. He waits awhile outside again, then clears those plates, brings in dessert and coffee. Waits, then cleans up. This was great, luxurious, and the server was very personable - we thought he was awesome. It's a little awkward though. What does everyone else tip the room meal server?
That sounds really nice! I wish I could talk DH into eating in the room but he doesn't want food smells to linger when he goes to bed.

We had service like this when we ate Palo in our room on the Wonder earlier this year but I dont remember what we tipped but I think it was $50 or so.

Cruising concierge for first time next month...4 nights/4 adults. I *think* I have a feel for concierge tipping...there's an envelope for additional concierge tips (just like there are in regular stateroom when we cruised Disney before.) The bartender is an additional person to tip and it sounds as though people tip at the end, rather than every time you go to bar. There are also the "normal" tips automatically added to the account, correct? In the past we've given the servers and head server additional at the end as well, does everyone do that as well?

The concierge tip sheet they put in your room with the tip envelopes for everyone else. We just filled out the amount we wanted to tip and handed it to one of the concierge hosts and they bill your account. As far the bar tender and server in the lounge.............we always just hand them some cash at the end of the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter