GlitchCitySign-500_zpsf50fe154.jpg

Try using the App.
Try using the website.
Try a different browser.
Lol, thanks for the reply, I definitely know to use those options to troubleshoot and had no luck with any of it. I finally managed to track down a very good cast member on the internet support team who had to contact her support, who then had to contact their support! Finally, it was discovered that it was simply a case of their system having her name spelled wrong somewhere in their internal database that we outsiders can't access! I had an amazing cast member who stayed on the line with me for almost 45 minutes while they were working on this and at the end, she went and added my wife to the fastpasses that I had picked out already for me. I was hoping that I'd be able to add my wife on with the option on the site, but she did it for me! I've very rarely met or talked to a cast member that wasn't fantastic!

I wish there was a way that I could get the AP from Sams at the old price and not lose the money I have already paid for my tickets through Tickets at Work. I don't think enough Pixie Dust exist in the world to make that happen lol

I had the AP in my cart on Sunday but then decided to wait for a GC to save $20 ...UGH.
I did not know about Sam's having AP's though, I may have to check it out. Of course I was a member for over 10 years but cancelled my membership 6 months ago, but I can either rejoin or find a friend who belongs.
I have one other question if anyone knows. What happens if I buy a pass for specific dates (as you have to do now) and my trip gets cancelled? I am getting the AP but I need a 4 day hopper for my husband. I just hesitate to buy if it is useless if for some reason we can't go on those dates. I was thinking of buying from UT if that makes a difference, and the trip is in September.

Ok I just want to make sure I have my math right. I bought a discounted 4 day OPPD ticket from Tickets at Work for September, well actually the first day in the park would be October 1, anyway I am planning on upgrading to an AP when we go. So my math is as follows.

New cost of AP (w/taxes) - $1191.74
Disney Price Oct 1st for 4-Day Single Park Ticket -$431.44
$1191.74-$431.44 = $760.30

$760.30 Cost to Upgrade to an AP

Is this correct?

question on upgrading tickets

Bought 4 10 day tickets from UT for a trip in mid Aug and had planned to upgrade the to AP sometime during our stay. with the preview for Galaxy's Edge I called to upgrade and was told it would have to be done in person. 2/4 of us are going to be in universal this weekend. Can I show up at disney springs, upgrade all 4 to AP's, and still have the start date being mid Aug?

What happens if I buy a pass for specific dates (as you have to do now) and my trip gets cancelled? I was thinking of buying from UT if that makes a difference, and the trip is in September.
You will keep the "Disney value" for the tickets on the date that you bought them, and can use that value toward buying a new ticket when you make your next rip.

Ok I just want to make sure I have my math right. I bought a discounted 4 day OPPD ticket from Tickets at Work for September, well actually the first day in the park would be October 1, anyway I am planning on upgrading to an AP when we go. So my math is as follows.

New cost of AP (w/taxes) - $1191.74
Disney Price Oct 1st for 4-Day Single Park Ticket -$431.44
$1191.74-$431.44 = $760.30

$760.30 Cost to Upgrade to an AP

Is this correct?
If the prices you list are currently accurate, then yes.

question on upgrading tickets

Bought 4 10 day tickets from UT for a trip in mid Aug and had planned to upgrade the to AP sometime during our stay. with the preview for Galaxy's Edge I called to upgrade and was told it would have to be done in person. 2/4 of us are going to be in universal this weekend. Can I show up at disney springs, upgrade all 4 to AP's, and still have the start date being mid Aug?

All guests 18 yrs. and older must be present, showing a legal photo ID, at the time an AP is "purchased/activated" at a Guest Relations or ticket booth.
(Otherwise, an AP could be "passed around" from guest to guest.)

However, it MIGHT be that you could upgrade to "AP CERTIFICATES" (sometimes called "AP vouchers")
that are not "attached" to anyone in particular. Then, the certificates would need to be "activated" on a future trip by the individuals who will use those new APs.
(This may or may not be possible.)

Last edited:
The last time I bought APs they sent a voucher card which we handed over when activating. It appears they no longer do this so I’m wondering, since I have already linked our vouchers to MDE will I still need to bring the email print out or do they just look it up in MDE?

The last time I bought APs they sent a voucher card which we handed over when activating. It appears they no longer do this so I’m wondering, since I have already linked our vouchers to MDE will I still need to bring the email print out or do they just look it up in MDE?
Although you likely won't NEED it...
Take the printout, simply because, with WDW I.T., "You never know."

(And, if you don't want to carry that huge heavy piece of paper ;)
just being able to pull the document up on your phone will be just fine.)

I am a seasoned WDW visitor, however I haven't been since all of the recent ticket changes. While I have read the first page of this thread and the first several after it, I still need of a bit of clarification on my tickets for my upcoming vacation. I was hoping you knowledgeable folks could help me out.

I have a split stay booked for September: 14nts (9/11-9/25) at Pop Century and 3nt (9/25-9/28) at ASMu. For the 14nt reservation, I have 10 day PH+ tickets.

1) Am I correct that the 10 day tickets will be good for the full 15 DAYS of the reservation (From check in on the 11th through the check out day on the 25th)?

2) The first post states that PH+ gives you an extra day to use at one of the water parks. Does that mean that I can use one of the water park entitlements on the 26th (the day after check out), or will they expire on the 25th with the theme park tickets?

Thank you in advance for your response. I sure do miss the days of affordable APs and non-expiring tickets!

1) Am I correct that the 10 day tickets will be good for the full 15 DAYS of the reservation (From check in on the 11th through the check out day on the 25th)?

2) The first post states that PH+ gives you an extra day to use at one of the water parks. Does that mean that I can use one of the water park entitlements on the 26th (the day after check out), or will they expire on the 25th with the theme park tickets?

1) Yes, your 10-day PH+ ticket's "use window" is 15 days, which is the same as the first resort stay (inclusive of check-in and check-out dates). It will not extend through the "split stay" second resort dates.

2) No. A 10-day base or PH ticket has a 14-day use window while a 10-day PH+ has a 15-day window. That's the extra day.

Enjoy your vacation!

I have current activated AP's. I just purchased new vouchers and want to make sure they're ok with an Exp of 2030. Is there any reason that I shouldn't link them to my MDE? I don't want them to get 'mistakenly' activated until we're ready to use them. Maybe 2022 or after!

I have current activated AP's. I just purchased new vouchers and want to make sure they're ok with an Exp of 2030. Is there any reason that I shouldn't link them to my MDE? I don't want them to get 'mistakenly' activated until we're ready to use them. Maybe 2022 or after!
APs cannot be mistakenly activated.

Robo - forgive me if this was covered, but I have a question regarding tickets bought between October 2018 and March. I see in the cost to upgrade post you have indicated
"D __ Created BETWEEN Oct.16,2018 and March 12, 2019. (Late 2018) (Price list unavailable.)"

So, if I bought a ticket as part of a package in November for a trip next week, how will I determine the cost to add 1 day? Will Disney give me the current gate price of that ticket vs the price when I paid? I assume with date based pricing, we will be unable to meaningfully track ticket prices as they change. Is there any reason we would need to know that info? Thanks

Robo - forgive me if this was covered, but I have a question regarding tickets bought between October 2018 and March. I see in the cost to upgrade post you have indicated
"D __ Created BETWEEN Oct.16,2018 and March 12, 2019. (Late 2018) (Price list unavailable.)"

So, if I bought a ticket as part of a package in November for a trip next week,
1. how will I determine the cost to add 1 day?
2. Will Disney give me the current gate price of that ticket vs the price when I paid?
3. I assume with date based pricing, we will be unable to meaningfully track ticket prices as they change. 4. Is there any reason we would need to know that info? Thanks
1. You will be at the mercy of the CM who is doing your upgrade.
2. "Officially," no. You SHOULD be given the Disney price on the date that you bought that original ticket,
subtracted from the CURRENT price of the ticket that you want.
3. It's getting more difficult, for sure.
4. Yes. (See all of the math equations that relate to upgrading tickets.)
OTOH, it is quite POSSIBLE that in the near future, the MDX app/site will be able to compute
the accurate cost for all kinds of upgrades, and then allow guests to upgrade within the MDX account.
(This is currently available for upgrading to (many) APs.)

Just curious- where on your MDE account does it show how many days you have left on your AP...if there is a place?

I just bought one today through Sam's Club and linked it to my account. I won't be activating it until 2020 but was curious if there was a place to actually see a 365-number (not just the "Expires: Tue, Dec 31, 2030" that shows on My Plans).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter