• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This sucks! I was planning on getting an AP voucher yesterday but figured I would do it today... argh!
I am still trying to figure out a way to keep our FastPass and take advantage of the bring a friend AP discount for my husband next week...
Am I correct that if I add the flexible date option, even if I upgrade a 2-day ticket to a 5-day ticket option on a based date, the up charge for flexible dates won’t be credited towards a new ticket? (If that makes any sense?)

I did the math 50 different ways and got a great deal on discounted gift cards. Waiting for them to arrive to get APs for the family. Could have just ordered through MDE yesterday and saved more than I did with the cards! Oh well, guess we will enjoy LOTS of visits this year.

Well great...Now it's going to be another $250 for my wife and I to upgrade to an AP when we go in September. I knew this was coming and I wish we could have upgraded our tickets somehow before we actually went to the parks in September, but it's my understanding it's wasn't possible. I'm still definitely doing APs, but it may make the decision to do more Off-Property stays a little easier.

Disgusting price gouging on Disney's part because they CAN! >:( Have ressies for 10 nights in April '20, was planning 2 more trips within year and purchasing AP's at that time. Now, we are re thinking our plans, using our vacation $$$$'s and going elsewhere. We, as well as some friends, are increasingly turning away from Disney because of their constant price increases and other changes for the worse.

Asking for a coworker...

Regarding Annual Passes: When on the WDW site, despite there being no price difference between child and adult APs, they still make you specify which ones you want to buy based on age category. My coworker would like to buy APs to lock in prices now (she sure wishes she did it last week liked she'd originally planned), but she is unsure if she will go sooner or later. Problem is, in the next few months, her child will age from 9 to 10.

Can she just buy the Adult AP and attach to her child in MDE? Will there be a problem if she activates the "adult AP" while her child is still 9?

Will there be a problem if she activates the "adult AP" while her child is still 9?
No.

OTOH, there would be zero problem in buying a "child" AP and activating it while the guest was still 9 yrs old, then simply continuing to use that same "child" AP for the next several months after that guest turned 10.

Last edited:
Trying to help my in-laws with calculating their AP upgrade price for their November 2019 trip. Figured the experts here might be able to help. I'm probably overlooking something pretty simple.
In July 2018 they originally booked a campsite with no tickets for $802.16.
On Feb 16, 2019 they added 6-day base tickets bringing the package to $1731.10. This means the tickets appear to have added
$928.94 to their package.
Since their tickets were added after the October change to date based tickets, I'd need the price of that ticket at that time to calculate correctly. However, I'm assuming I won't be able to find the actual value they will get for the 6-day base tickets when upgrading, correct? Should we just calculate based on them getting "at least" $928.94 for them - so $464.47 for each?

Then I'd calculate this way:
$1,191.74 - Current Platinum AP
- 464.47 - Estimated Value of 6-day Base Ticket
$727.27 - Approximate cost to upgrade??

Am I going about this in the right way?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter