Just curious- where on your MDE account does it show how many days you have left on your AP...if there is a place?

I just bought one today through Sam's Club and linked it to my account. I won't be activating it until 2020 but was

curious if there was a place to actually see a 365-number (not just the "Expires: Tue, Dec 31, 2030" that shows on My Plans).
Well, no.
But, once activated, if your AP is listed to (for instance) "Expires on June 25, 2021," that AP can be used thru the end of the day on June 25, 2021.

In general, it is a simple matter to use any web browser and type in "How many days until June 25, 2021."
That'll give you an instant answer.
-------------------------------
BTW:
It is, right now, 737 days until June 25, 2021.
June 19, 2019 - June 25, 2021

Last edited:
Just curious- where on your MDE account does it show how many days you have left on your AP...if there is a place?

I just bought one today through Sam's Club and linked it to my account. I won't be activating it until 2020 but was curious if there was a place to actually see a 365-number (not just the "Expires: Tue, Dec 31, 2030" that shows on My Plans).
There is in the app. If you click the three lines on the bottom right then click tickets it shows. My AP voucher I linked yesterday says 365. :)

Does anyone know the cost now to renew the out of state Platinum Pass?

My Platinum Plus AP actually expires today and I'm looking at the Sam's travel site which still has the cheaper prices. This would acutually extend my year by an extra month or so.
I noticed there a few options for AP holders for this summer that I'd like to take advantage of for our trip.
Bring a Friend to a park for $89 plus tax and Summer Splash (unlimited Water Park visits) for $69 plus tax

P2 and I are staying 4 days at POFQ after a cruise and the original plan didn't include going to the parks, but we could, on a whim, with this deal.

If I just purchase the cheaper Platinum, can I buy the Summer Splash for myself and P2? My thinking was saving the $100 on the PP v. the P and using for the Summer splash.

Cant find this info- we bought 7 day tickets from UT in March, and I'd like to figure out how much it would be to change them to hoppers. Anybody know?

Cant find this info- we bought 7 day tickets from UT in March, and I'd like to figure out how much it would be to change them to hoppers. Anybody know?

See Post #6 on the thread on which we are now posting.
Post #6 is titled, "Cost to Upgrade Tickets"
Pertinent sections reproduced below-
------------------------------
Ticket bought from an Authorized Reseller/Discounter:
-or-
Ticket bought as part of a WDW Resort Package:
-or-
Ticket bought at a Disney Store:
A __ Created BEFORE Feb.12,2017 - (2016) Prices HERE.
B __ Created BETWEEN Feb.12,2017 & Feb.11,2018 (2017) Prices HERE.
C __ Created BETWEEN Feb.11,2018 & Oct.16,2018. (Early 2018) Price list HERE.
D __ Created BETWEEN Oct.16,2018 and March 12, 2019. (Late 2018) (Price list unavailable.)

E __ Created ON and AFTER March 12,2019. (2019) Price list HERE.

A __________
Find the full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the 2016 Price list HERE.
Subtract that 2016 price from the current 2018 full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT. 2018 Price list HERE.
Pay that difference price for the upgrade.

B __________
Find the full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the 2017 Price list HERE.
Subtract that 2017 price from the current 2018 full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT. 2018 Price list HERE.

C __________
Find the full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the early 2018 Price list HERE.
Subtract that early 2018 price from the current full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT on the current late 2018 Price list HERE.

E __________
Find the full Disney current 2019 price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the 2019 Price list HERE.
Subtract that 2019 price from the current full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT on the (same) 2019 Price list.

Last edited:
I promise, I'm really a pretty smart cookie, but after reading through the sticky, still not quite sure what to anticipate paying next month when using my UT 5-day base ticket. Disney will charge $439/5-day Base for the time period my son will be using the ticket. I purchased from UT just before the price change last year in October for $393, and it appears that in this time period last year Disney sold the same ticket for $420. So will I pay about $20 difference, or $46? Or is other magic math applied?

I promise, I'm really a pretty smart cookie, but after reading through the sticky, still not quite sure what to anticipate paying next month when using my UT 5-day base ticket. Disney will charge $439/5-day Base for the time period my son will be using the ticket. I purchased from UT just before the price change last year in October for $393, and it appears that in this time period last year Disney sold the same ticket for $420. So will I pay about $20 difference, or $46? Or is other magic math applied?

You won't have to pay anything extra just to use an already-purchased ticket from last year.

The only time extra payment is required is if you want to upgrade/change an existing ticket.

See Post #6 on the thread on which we are now posting.
Post #6 is titled, "Cost to Upgrade Tickets"
Pertinent sections reproduced below-
------------------------------
Ticket bought from an Authorized Reseller/Discounter:
-or-
Ticket bought as part of a WDW Resort Package:
-or-
Ticket bought at a Disney Store:
A __ Created BEFORE Feb.12,2017 - (2016) Prices HERE.
B __ Created BETWEEN Feb.12,2017 & Feb.11,2018 (2017) Prices HERE.
C __ Created BETWEEN Feb.11,2018 & Oct.16,2018. (Early 2018) Price list HERE.
D __ Created BETWEEN Oct.16,2018 and March 12, 2019. (Late 2018) (Price list unavailable.)

E __ Created ON and AFTER March 12,2019. (2019) Price list HERE.

A __________
Find the full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the 2016 Price list HERE.
Subtract that 2016 price from the current 2018 full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT. 2018 Price list HERE.

B __________
Find the full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the 2017 Price list HERE.
Subtract that 2017 price from the current 2018 full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT. 2018 Price list HERE.

C __________
Find the full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the early 2018 Price list HERE.
Subtract that early 2018 price from the current full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT on the current late 2018 Price list HERE.

E __________
Find the full Disney current 2019 price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the 2019 Price list HERE.
Subtract that 2019 price from the current full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT on the (same) 2019 Price list.
Thanks, I did see that but we fall under “D”, basically the same?

Last edited:
Can u upgrade ticket to AP if included in Pkg? I was told no today by Guest Services @ MK. I’m just making sure I didn’t get the wrong answer and need to talk to someone else.

TIA😊
Did this ever get resolved? We have tickets from a ticket/dining package and we're planning to upgrade to APs next month...at least we were before the increase. I just want to make sure I'm prepared to deal with any issues, IF we actually decide to do the upgrade.

OK, I've read thru about 20 pages of ticketing questions, Googled my question and even called Disney but I'm just not too trusting of some random cast members answers...especially when one said yes, that should be possible...and the other said no.

I have a current free dining package which of course includes date based tickets. If I were to purchase an AP from Sams could the package ticket be used at a later date? (Perhaps to renew the AP once it expired?)

Christine

Thanks, I did see that but we fall under “D”, basically the same?
The only difference would be the price.
Without a list of what your original tickets' "Disney value" was, you'll
just have to hope that the CM doing the upgrade gives you the correct value.

Did this ever get resolved? We have tickets from a ticket/dining package and we're planning to upgrade to APs next month...at least we were before the increase. I just want to make sure I'm prepared to deal with any issues, IF we actually decide to do the upgrade.
Depends on what you mean by "resolved."
Package tickets are basically "the same category" as buying tickets from an authorized ticket discounter.
And, discounted tickets can be upgraded to AP.

OK, I've read thru about 20 pages of ticketing questions, Googled my question and even called Disney but I'm just not too trusting of some random cast members answers...especially when one said yes, that should be possible...and the other said no.

I have a current free dining package which of course includes date based tickets. If I were to purchase an AP from Sams could the package ticket be used at a later date? (Perhaps to renew the AP once it expired?)
Yes. All current tickets that "expire" can have their original value applied as partial payment for future tickets.
Reproduiced below is one of the disclaimers from Disney's own current ticket pages on their official website:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/admission/tickets/theme-parks/

Valid Ticket Dates

Tickets are nonrefundable. View Park and Attraction Information
After expiration date, the price paid for a wholly unused ticket can be applied to the purchase of a new ticket with an equal or higher price.

Last edited:
Yes. All current tickets that "expire" can have their original value applied as partial payment for future tickets.
In this scenario, how would the package tickets be set aside and not used? So that the AP could be used instead.

In this scenario, how would the package tickets be set aside and not used? So that the AP could be used instead.
One easy way...
You can create an extra "fake name" in your MDX account and after arrival, but before you go to the first park gate, transfer the tickets you wish to SAVE to under that name. Since that "person" will not be going into a park, the tickets will remain unused
until you are ready to transfer them back to a "real" name in the account.

One easy way...
You can create an extra "fake name" in your MDX account and after arrival, but before you go to the first park gate, transfer the tickets you wish to SAVE to under that name. Since that "person" will not be going into a park, the tickets will remain unused
until you are ready to transfer them back to a "real" name in the account.
So I can transfer package tickets? I don't know why, but I thought they were nontransferable.

So I can transfer package tickets? I don't know why, but I thought they were nontransferable.
They can only be transferred after your check-in at your WDW resort.

Therefore:
"after arrival, but before you go to the first park gate, transfer the tickets you wish to SAVE to under that (fake) name."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter