• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I have received in the 7 day ticket that UT was offering about ten days ago as a flash sale.

I thought the batch of tickets they were selling were the older batch and hence would not be as valuable as the new ticket if using to bridge to an AP.

The date on the back of the ticket is 2/21/17.

Does this not mean that I get the newer bridge value for this ticket and it expires 12/31/18?

Last edited:
I have received in the 7 day ticket that UT was offering about ten days as a flash sale.

I thought the batch of tickets they were selling were the older batch and hence would not be as valuable as the new ticket if using to bridge to an AP.

The date on the back of the ticket is 2/21/17.

Does this not mean that I get the newer bridge value for this ticket and it expires 12/31/18?

Sounds like it.
Good luck!

If I do a package from a certain travel agent, say 3/3/18 - 3/6/18, with a 3-day ticket and a bonus ticket to a water park, could I use that bonus feature on 3/2/18, while we are doing a one night reservation at AoA that night?

Yes.
If the tickets were purchased as part of the resort stay ("package tickets,")
you just need to go to any Guest Relations (outside a Water Park, included) and
show a photo ID and ask that your package tickets be activated.
You can do this up to 10 days before your check-in date.

Last edited:
Yes.
you just need to go to any Guest Relations or ticket booth (outside a Water Park, included) and
You can do this up to 10 days before your check-in date.
Wow, that's a nice time frame there. May just do a water park on our no-park day.

I love this thread, it's so helpful!

I have a MNSSHP ticket question:
I am upgrading my 10 day PH to an AP on September 26th. I'm also planning to go to MNSSHP that night.

Am I allowed to upgrade to AP and then purchase AP discounted tickets for myself and my travel buddy after the upgrade?or should I just bite the extra $ and get the tickets ahead of time, non discounted?

Thank you in advance for your awesome knowledge and help!

1. Am I allowed to upgrade to AP and then purchase AP discounted tickets for myself and my travel buddy after the upgrade?
2. or should I just bite the extra $ and get the tickets ahead of time, non discounted?

Thank you in advance for your awesome knowledge and help!
1. Yes.
2. The only possible (possible) reason to buy in advance is the chance that your party might (might) sell out.

1. Yes.
2. The only possible (possible) reason to buy in advance is the chance that your party might (might) sell out.

Is the chance of a late Septmeber ticket to be sold out? If I buy in advance, if be using discounted Disney gift cards I'm pretty sure so maybe that negates the AP discount? (I wish there were $10 Disney gift cards at stores lol)

Is the chance of a late Septmeber ticket to be sold out? If I buy in advance, if be using discounted Disney gift cards I'm pretty sure so maybe that negates the AP discount? (I wish there were $10 Disney gift cards at stores lol)
No crystal ball here, I'm afraid.
I see no reason that you could not buy the AP discount ticket using gift cards, too.

Yes.
you just need to go to any Guest Relations or ticket booth (outside a Water Park, included) and

Guest Relations is the only place at the parks that has access to the hotel system to do early ticket check-in. I wish they gave it to us in the ticket booths but they don't. :(

Not a problem.
NEW tickets CAN be transferred to anyone connected to your MDE.

If YOU just want to "hold" them for future use,
just create a "fake name" in your MDE and transfer any and all new tickets to that "fake" name to keep the tickets safe and ready.

I would like to hold them, but I don't seem to be able to transfer them. They say "non-transferable" and have this note when I click on the little "i" button beside it (emphasis mine):

Paperless Tickets that are expired, in-use or that were purchased as part of a package cannot be assigned to anyone else. Only the owner of a ticket may assign it to another Guest.

And this is on the one I own (logged in as hubby), so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

upload_2017-7-3_8-47-10.png

I set up another "guest" on the account, but can't see where I could transfer the ticket over.

I would like to hold them, but I don't seem to be able to transfer them. They say "non-transferable" and have this note when I click on the little "i" button beside it (emphasis mine):

Paperless Tickets that are expired, in-use or that were purchased as part of a package cannot be assigned to anyone else. Only the owner of a ticket may assign it to another Guest.

And this is on the one I own (logged in as hubby), so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

View attachment 248534

I set up another "guest" on the account, but can't see where I could transfer the ticket over.

It's possible that since these are package tickets, they cannot be transferred until your check-in date
(at which time they become activated and "yours.")
You may be able to transfer the ticket(s) to another guest after you have checked in.

Question: my inlaws live in Florida and buy my kids their tickets when we go. We usually arrive on Saturday - buy regular tickets and then on Monday upgrade to weekday APs.

This year my inlaws will not be there the entire trip and we are arriving on Thursday - our First day in the park will be Friday - So we are trying to work out logistics.

1. If they are with us for the start of our trip and buy the kids the 4 day Florida resident ticket and they leave on Sunday - on Monday can I go upgrade my kids Florida residents tickets without my inlaws to weekday APs or would they need to be present for the upgrade?

2. If scenario one doesn't work - I would have to buy them regular tickets to be upgraded on Monday and have my inlaws come then - if I do this - 4 day tickets are more expensive than the weekday AP is - how would that be handled? Would they allow me to use the credit value to upgrade my ticket to an AP for myself?

3. Or They would stay through Sunday so I could possibly upgrade the tickets to the AP on Sunday - could we do that at the end of the day when we are done in the parks for the day? Or does the upgrade have to take place on Monday for the weekday select?

Question: my inlaws live in Florida and buy my kids their tickets when we go. We usually arrive on Saturday - buy regular tickets and then on Monday upgrade to weekday APs.

This year my inlaws will not be there the entire trip and we are arriving on Thursday - our First day in the park will be Friday - So we are trying to work out logistics.

1. If they are with us for the start of our trip and buy the kids the 4 day Florida resident ticket and they leave on Sunday - on Monday can I go upgrade my kids Florida residents tickets without my inlaws to weekday APs or would they need to be present for the upgrade?

2a. If scenario one doesn't work - I would have to buy them regular tickets to be upgraded on Monday and have my inlaws come then - if I do this - 4 day tickets are more expensive than the weekday AP is - how would that be handled?
2b.Would they allow me to use the credit value to upgrade my ticket to an AP for myself?

Or They would stay through Sunday so I could possibly upgrade the tickets to the AP on Sunday -
3a. could we do that at the end of the day when we are done in the parks for the day?
3b. Or does the upgrade have to take place on Monday for the weekday select?

1. Likely, the FL residents must be present.
2a. One of three things:
A. They would not allow the upgrade at all.
B. They would upgrade and give you no "money back."
C. They would upgrade and give you the difference on a WDW gift card.
2b. That would not be a normal procedure.
(If they give you a gift card, you could use that toward your ticket.)
3a. Yes.
3b. Nope.

Hello,

I am not sure if this is odd, but I purchased our tickets last weekfrom an authorized Disney re-seller (B#@%&Walk) and chose the e-ticket option. I received my confirmation number and linked the tickets to MDE. Today, I received the ticket cards officially from Disney. I did not request or purchase them from the official Disney World website. Is this normal? I went into magic bands configuration and the numbers on the tickets are the same as the pending magic bands. Just wondering why they sent these to me.

Thanks

Hello,

I am not sure if this is odd, but I purchased our tickets last weekfrom an authorized Disney re-seller (B#@%&Walk) and chose the e-ticket option.
1. I received my confirmation number and linked the tickets to MDE.
Today, I received the ticket cards officially from Disney. I did not request or purchase them from the official Disney World website.
2. Is this normal? I went into magic bands configuration and the numbers on the tickets are the same as the pending magic bands.
3. Just wondering why they sent these to me.
1. OK.
2. Nope. (Not with eTickets from other resellers.)
3. Me, too.

I'm going to GUESS that "Disney" didn't send you the tickets,
but that Boardwalk did.
(Resellers' tickets look just like regular WDW tickets. Because Disney prints them.)

1. OK.
2. Nope. (Not with eTickets from other resellers.)
3. Me, too.

I'm going to GUESS that "Disney" didn't send you the tickets,
but that Boardwalk did.
(Resellers' tickets look just like regular WDW tickets. Because Disney prints them.)

This is the strange part - The tickets came directly from Disney Destinations, LLC. If Boardwalk sent them, I thought at least the envelope would say Boardwalk or something.

This is the strange part - The tickets came directly from Disney Destinations, LLC. If Boardwalk sent them, I thought at least the envelope would say Boardwalk or something.

Yup.
We'll just have to see if anyone else posts this kind of thing.

Yup.
We'll just have to see if anyone else posts this kind of thing.

The thing I am bit worried about, or actually more puzzled then worried, is that there is a billing summary in the envelope, and the prices are much higher than what I paid. I might have to just call Disney and see what is going on.

2. If scenario one doesn't work - I would have to buy them regular tickets to be upgraded on Monday and have my inlaws come then - if I do this - 4 day tickets are more expensive than the weekday AP is - how would that be handled? Would they allow me to use the credit value to upgrade my ticket to an AP for myself?

3. Or They would stay through Sunday so I could possibly upgrade the tickets to the AP on Sunday - could we do that at the end of the day when we are done in the parks for the day? Or does the upgrade have to take place on Monday for the weekday select?

1) Nope. The FL residents would need to be there for the upgrade.
2) Nope. Anything with less dollar value is a downgrade, which we can't do at the ticket booths (our computer says "Downgrade Not Allowed" if we try). You might be able to convince Guest Relations to do it, but there would be a Magic file involved (documentation of an exception) and I really doubt they'd give you any money back in any form since recent policy changes. Since there's no guarantee they'd do it, I would avoid trying it this way if you can.
3) Yep. You can upgrade to the weekday pass at the end of the day on a Sunday. I actively recommend this tactic to guests regularly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter