Thanks for the heads up, the ticket is in MDE and shows expiration as 1/14/19, so I think that I'm good to go right?

Matt

I thought the expiration tickets were Dec 2018. How could OP's say 1/14/19?

Curious. That's a new one. I was thinking they were all good till 12/2018 and then the next batch till 12/2019. Anyway, my mistake. So yeah, I'd say your ticket is from the newer batch, issued after Feb 2016

Lucky me I guess? Here's a screenshot of my MDE attached to this post.
View attachment 247573
Matt

The expiration date makes sense. Its last valid FIRST day of use would be 12/31/18. The remaining days can be used for 14 days (1/14/19).

Its like the dining plan. The 2017 dining plan credits will still be used through 1/14/18 if your trip started on 12/31/17.

The expiration date makes sense. Its last valid FIRST day of use would be 12/31/18. The remaining days can be used for 14 days (1/14/19).

Not quite.
If a guest started using a ticket issued with a "Use by date" of (or "valid until") 12/31/17,
and the guest began using it on Sun 12/31/18,
that ticket's last day of use would be (expires on) 1/13/19.

Day 1- Sun -12/31/17
Day 2- Mon -1/01/18
Day 3- Tue -1/02/18
Day 4- Wed -1/03/18
Day 5- Thu -1/04/18
Day 6- Fri -1/05/18
Day 7- Sat -1/06/18
Day 8- Sun -1/07/18
Day 9- Mon -1/08/18
Day 10- Tue -1/09/18
Day 11- Wed -1/10/18
Day 12- Thu -1/12/18
Day 13- Fri -1/12/18
Day 14- Sat -1/13/18 (expires at end of this day.)

I suspect that there's something else going on with the ticket
we are discussing.
(And, one of those things simply might be a glitch in MDE.)

Last edited:

Its like the dining plan. The 2017 dining plan credits will still be used through 1/14/18 if your trip started on 12/31/17.
I agree this was the intent.

But, from what Robo said above, I think they just counted wrong.

Or, maybe they are giving a 1 day grace period. Say for people who arrive on 12/31, but can't get into the parks because they are closed to capacity, or get there late for travel issues, they can start on 1/1 and still get their full 14 days.

When I said, "I suspect that there's something else going on with the ticket
we are discussing," one of those things is that at SOME point, the 12/31/18 expiration of
"new" tickets must be moved to a later date.
But, I don't see them extending the end date by one week at a time.
(They COULD, but that would be kind of cumbersome to enact.)

Ahh. I didn't account for that extra day. I have a ticket with this expiration and it just seemed normal in my mind. Great point. I guess I will stay tuned to see what the day is for!

I have a question about military tickets. We are taking a couple friends of my daughters' with us. One of the girls has a dad in the military and mom is former military. I need to get tickets for them and read about the military discount tickets. The website says that they are for use of the military and their family/friends.

So...
If the mom or dad purchases the ticket on base can the child use it with her military id at the parks without having mom or dad there?

Could the mom or dad purchases 2 tickets- one for their daughter and one for her friend?

Thanks so much!!

I t
Probably a silly question, but
If you are a attending a conference at WDW and there has been no mention of "conference " tickets, you are out of luck , right? It's an arraignment the conference would have to make with Disney, not something available to attendees of any conference?
I thought I would report back.
Robo suggested asking someone in authority at the conference. They told me no arrangements had been made. Before I gave up entirely, I checked my friend Google and found this
https://disneytickets.disney.go.com/store/101/welcome.html
I still wasn't sure it was open to anyone attending any conference, so I called. It seems like they have a list and as long as the conference you are attending is on their list, you are good to go. Made my day! I was not happy I was going to be so close but not step into a park.

I have a question about military tickets. We are taking a couple friends of my daughters' with us. One of the girls has a dad in the military and mom is former military. I need to get tickets for them and read about the military discount tickets. The website says that they are for use of the military and their family/friends.

So...

1. Could the mom or dad purchases 2 tickets- one for their daughter and one for her friend?

2. If the mom or dad purchases the ticket on base can the child use it with her military id at the parks without having mom or dad there?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-ticket-rates/

1. Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased at participating U.S. military sales outlets outlets only by Eligible Service Members (defined below) or their spouses (but not both), for use by themselves and other family members and friends, as provided herein. These Tickets may not be otherwise transferred, distributed or resold.

2. Subject to certain exceptions, Disney 4-Day/5-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort are not valid until activated by the Eligible Services Members (or their spouses) at Walt Disney World theme park ticket windows.

I saw that and was wondering if anyone knew what the exceptions would be

Thanks
Doesn't The Dis have a Military area? I think it does. Maybe ask there? You'd think a dependent child ID would work like a spouse ID but who knows.
I think there is even a website dedicated to Military info in regards to Disney

My sister has just decided to join as at WDW in August for a week. She has been asking me what to do at each step and I have tried to advice as best as I could with my hours of learning from trolling these boards. She does not think her kids will want to go the the parks every day that week but will need break days. I told her that she could buy a 2,3,4, etc ticket and upgrade to more, but she could not buy a 7 and downgrade to 4. Same with PH- you can add it but not take it away. (Hopefully this was all accurate). Well then she bought a 4 park magic ticket, which is a bit different from the traditional 4 day MYW ticket. If she does want to upgrade to 5, 6, or 7 days, is that possible with these 4 park magic tickets? I would think so, but a search through this thread and on the website has not given me a conclusive answer.

TIA

1. Maybe they should try again to return the tickets (as it was just a purchasing error to buy so many.)
2. She's right.

It might be possible that they know/can find some friends (or friends of friends)
who have a legitimate connection to the military to whom they could sell the extra tickets.
Thanks for the response. He is trying to get the military base to refund the money but does not appear to be having any luck.

If he still has the 3 extra Military Salute exchange vouchers when we arrive in Florida in November, can they be used as a credit to renew the APs for a military family? The other military family with whom we are traveling will be within the 60 day renewal window on their APs at that time.

My sister has just decided to join as at WDW in August for a week. She has been asking me what to do at each step and I have tried to advice as best as I could with my hours of learning from trolling these boards. She does not think her kids will want to go the the parks every day that week but will need break days.
1. I told her that she could buy a 2,3,4, etc ticket and upgrade to more, but she could not buy a 7 and downgrade to 4.
2. Same with PH- you can add it but not take it away. (Hopefully this was all accurate).
3. Well then she bought a 4 park magic ticket, which is a bit different from the traditional 4 day MYW ticket.
4. If she does want to upgrade to 5, 6, or 7 days, is that possible with these 4 park magic tickets? I would think so, but a search through this thread and on the website has not given me a conclusive answer.

TIA
1. Correct.
2. Yup.
3. That, it is.
4. Yes.

Thanks for the response. He is trying to get the military base to refund the money but does not appear to be having any luck.

1. If he still has the 3 extra Military Salute exchange vouchers when we arrive in Florida in November, can they be used as a credit to renew the APs for a military family?
2. The other military family with whom we are traveling will be within the 60 day renewal window on their APs at that time.

1. Traditionally, upgrades to AP can take place.
As per usual, one ticket can be used to upgrade to one AP.
(If there are three tickets, they could be used to upgrade to three APs.)
2. Sounds like a good opportunity to me.
I think that the various locations which sell the military tickets can set their own price for the sale.
If that's so, it might be that the amount originally paid
may not be the exact amount offered in the upgrade transaction.
(No "price-bridging" is allowed.)

Last edited:

So...
If the mom or dad purchases the ticket on base can the child use it with her military id at the parks without having mom or dad there?

Could the mom or dad purchases 2 tickets- one for their daughter and one for her friend?

Thanks so much!!
Military ticket office also sells regular Disney tickets at a discount, plus no sales tax (which is the biggest savings). These can be used by anyone, without restrictions. The mom and dad can actually get them for all of you.

Also, Shades of Green sells the Salute tickets by mail order. These come already activate. This may be an option.

Military ticket office also sells regular Disney tickets at a discount, plus no sales tax (which is the biggest savings). These can be used by anyone, without restrictions. The mom and dad can actually get them for all of you.

Also, Shades of Green sells the Salute tickets by mail order. These come already activate. This may be an option.

Thank you. I just emailed Shades of Green to ask about the exceptions to the rule about the active member or spouse needing to be there to activate the tickets.

If I do a package from a certain travel agent, say 3/3/18 - 3/6/18, with a 3-day ticket and a bonus ticket to a water park, could I use that bonus feature on 3/2/18, while we are doing a one night reservation at AoA that night?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter