First- hi all! Thanks for all the help on here!!!

Another question: very recently upgraded to AP but notice a free dining offer during time frame we plan to come back. Is there a way to not activate the 2 day ticket required for free dining package until after AP expires?

Thanks!!

First- hi all! Thanks for all the help on here!!!

Another question: very recently upgraded to AP but notice a free dining offer during time frame we plan to come back. Is there a way to not activate the 2 day ticket required for free dining package until after AP expires?

Sure.
A ticket does not "activate" until you use it at a park gate.
Stop by a Guest Relations before you go to a park for the first time this trip and have
your AP set to the HIGHEST PRIORITY in your MDE account.

The AP will be used and the 2-day ticket will just sit in your MDE account, new and unused.

Alternately, create a "fake guest" (made-up name) in your MDE account like
"Harvey Rabbit" and transfer any new ticket under "Harvey's" name.
The tickets will sit there in that "account" until you transfer them back to your
real account at such time as you need those tickets for use or upgrade.

Ok, Im a bit confused-

I have a 5 day PH under FD for December 2017 for 2 people and pre-purchased the MM (purchased directly from the Disney site) . I do plan on getting the AP while im on this trip-

My interpretation of what i'm reading says I can purchase the AP and have the current 5 day PH and MM deducted from the AP cost (times 2 people) and pay the difference?

Is this correct?

Ok, Im a bit confused-

I have a 5 day PH under FD for December 2017 for 2 people and pre-purchased the MM (purchased directly from the Disney site) . I do plan on getting the AP while im on this trip-

My interpretation of what i'm reading says
1. I can purchase the AP and have the current 5 day PH and MM deducted from the AP cost
2. (times 2 people) and pay the difference?

1. Yes.
2. That's true if you are buying TWO APs.

It is unclear what you want to do.

Tickets can be upgraded on a one-to-one basis.

yes it will be 2 AP's

What does sorta mean? lol sorry.

It was unclear that you wanted 2 APs.

Yes, you can upgrade EACH ticket to an AP.
You will be given back the cost of a 5-day PH in each transaction.
You will also be refunded the cost of MM.

It was unclear that you wanted 2 APs.

Yes, you can upgrade EACH ticket to an AP.
You will be given back the cost of a 5-day PH in each transaction.
You will also be refunded the cost of MM.

You rock
Thank-you very much for taking the time to answer my confusion.

Just want to verify I understand. We bought four 8-day MYW park hopper/water park and more tickets from UCT that are non-expiring. We linked them to our Disney account. There is a possibility we will have to postpone our trip for a year. In that year, DD turns 10. So we will have to upgrade her ticket from a child to an adult ticket. We will have to do that before entering the park I am assuming. (I am not interested in lying and saying she is nine still in order to keep her in child pricing.) So will we have to pay the price difference between what we paid UCT and the current equivalent adult gate price ticket or the difference between the gate price of the child and adult ticket?

Thank you!

Just want to verify I understand. We bought four 8-day MYW park hopper/water park and more tickets from UCT that are non-expiring.
1. We linked them to our Disney account. There is a possibility we will have to postpone our trip for a year.
In that year, DD turns 10. So we will have to upgrade her ticket from a child to an adult ticket.
3. We will have to do that before entering the park I am assuming.
4. So will we have to pay the price difference between what we paid UCT and the current equivalent adult gate price ticket or the difference between the gate price of the child and adult ticket?

1. Got it.
2. She will be 10 yrs. BEFORE your proposed trip?
3. Well, technically (by the rules,) yes.
But, you COULD wait to do that until later in the day, when you are taking a break.
No biggie to enter "as a child" and THEN do the upgrade.
4. The cost to upgrade can depend on WHEN your UT tickets were "minted" (created by Disney and shipped to UT.)
You say your tickets are "non-expiring."
Do they show an expiration date of Dec. 31, 2018 (or a date a few years later) in your MDE account?

Last edited:
Looks like the best savings ($76) currently in the marketplace if you plan on bridging the adult ticket (AP or extra days) is a 7 day ticket from ParkSavers. Has anyone seen anything better recently?

HELP!! I have Annual Pass / Memory Maker questions.

• We arrive on July 8 in the afternoon. A trip to Guest Relations at Disney Springs is an option
  • We have 10 day park hoppers and our first day in the park is the Saturday, July 9.
  • We want Memory Maker
  • We MAY do a quick Fall trip.

We have ADR's for: Ohana, Sci-Fi, Crystal Palace, Mama Melrose, BOG and Tusker House

Is it advisable to convert at least one of our tickets to an Annual Pass?

If I do convert on the 9th, does my Memory Maker begin that day too?

I think I should get at least one AP on the 9th at Disney Springs Guest Relations. Am I thinking this through OK? What did I miss?

Thanks!

• We arrive on July 8 in the afternoon. A trip to Guest Relations at Disney Springs is an option
  • We have 10 day park hoppers and our first day in the park is the Saturday, July 9.
  • We want Memory Maker

We have ADR's for: Ohana, Sci-Fi, Crystal Palace, Mama Melrose, BOG and Tusker House

1. Is it advisable to convert at least one of our tickets to an Annual Pass?

2. If I do convert on the 9th, does my Memory Maker begin that day too?

3. I think I should get at least one AP on the 9th at Disney Springs Guest Relations.
Am I thinking this through OK? What did I miss?

1. If you see an advantage, you can do so.
If you think you will be making another trip(s) within a year, you
can upgrade all tickets to AP.
2. All of your photos for the trip, regardless of which day you upgrade, will be available.
3. See my reply #1 above.

Have fun!

• We want Memory Maker

Is it advisable to convert at least one of our tickets to an Annual Pass?

If I do convert on the 9th, does my Memory Maker begin that day too?

I think I should get at least one AP on the 9th at Disney Springs Guest Relations. Am I thinking this through OK? What did I miss?

Thanks!

Currently the price of a ten day park hopper ticket bought from Disney is $515 plus tax. The advance purchase of Memory Maker is $169 plus tax. If you purchased them together today, the total cost including tax would be $717.48. If you purchased the Platinum annual pass today (assuming you are not a Florida resident or DVC member), the total cost including tax would be 829.64. which includes MM. The difference between the 10 day park hopper adding on MM and the annual pass is around $90. If you use the various AP discounts, the cost difference becomes even smaller.

Assuming you DO NOT go on a fall trip, as you can see the difference is about a wash using "Disney Finance".

Good Luck

Is my math correct here?

2 AP=
2 x Ages 10+ ($779.00/pass)
$1,558.00
Tax
$101.28
Subtotal
$1,659.28USD

I Have now:

5-Day Ticket with Park Hopper Option
  • 2 x Ages 10+ (
    $445.00 USD
    /ticket)

$890.00 USD

Tax
$57.86 USD

Subtotal

$947.86 USD
MM= $169
Total-$1116.86

If I upgrade what I have now to AP- $1116.86 minus the AP cost for 2- $1659.28=I would owe $542.42 Correct?

I plan on doing this before the start of FD package ( I have a room only 2 days prior to package)

Have another trip in April- use AP for tickets
Another in October- use AP for tickets
Another in December at renewal of AP.

Wondering if I could get some thoughts as I'm trying to decide the best options for an upcoming trip.

I have a 10 day non-expire park hopper I bought several years ago from UT which has 2 days left. I'll probably to go the parks for 3 or 4 days in the fall and was thinking my best option was to get some discounted Disney GC from Target and buy 1 or 2 day tickets from the hotel since UT doesn't have a discount on those. That way I can still make fast passes reservations ahead of time and just activate/deactivate the ticket I wanted to use each day on my MagicBand.

However, would anyone know if I can price bridge and have 2 days added to my current ticket (knowing they would expire) or is it worth it for just 2 days? TIA as price bridging can be a little confusing for me.

You can only add days within 14 days of when the ticket it first used, and besides, 10 is the maximum number of days you can get on a ticket other than an AP.

I bought a couple of base tickets from a discount site a few months back. Now I want to change them to hoppers, and I know they have to be done in person.

My question is: my daughter is going to Disney in a couple of weeks, before I am. Is there any way she could go to guest relations in my stead, and upgrade my tickets?

All she has is a one day MK ticket, she's there for a convention, and they have a free day.

I bought a couple of base tickets from a discount site a few months back. Now I want to change them to hoppers, and I know they have to be done in person.

My question is: my daughter is going to Disney in a couple of weeks, before I am. Is there any way she could go to guest relations in my stead, and upgrade my tickets?

It shouldn't be a problem. A few CMs are picky about upgrading tickets without everyone present but most of us don't care unless it's a situation where we need IDs.

I have a 10 day non-expire park hopper I bought several years ago from UT which has 2 days left...
1. would anyone know if I can price bridge and have 2 days added to my current ticket...

2. TIA as price bridging can be a little confusing for me.

1. Cannot be done at all. Sorry.
2. Welcome to the club. ;)

Is my math correct here?

I didn't check your actual math calculations, but your raw numbers and methods are correct.
(For some reason, your TAX is one cent too high in both cases.) :scratchin

Have fun! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter