Apologies if these questions have been answered before.

Looking at the Sorcerer pass as DVC members. From the description, we can hop with it. Can we go to the water parks?
As @scrappinginontario says, you can add the water park option for $99.
Does the 366 days start from the date of purchase or date of first use?
It's from date of first use - for example, if the first date you use it to enter a park is July 1, 2023, it will expire on July 1, 2024. If you renew it, the new AP will begin on July 1, 2024, the day the old one expired. If you don't renew it, you can still enter a park on July 1, 2024 with the old AP.

We are staying at the GF in mid August, family of 5 disney adults. My husband will spend his days at the pool and in the gym and I am going to buy him only a 1-2 day tickets. My son and daughter want a 6 day ticket and my other son and I are going to get a 4 day ticket. I purchased room only for the GF. What is the best way to buy and attach our tickets to our resort reservation? We do have AAA, should I go there and have them attach the tickets to my reservation?
You can buy your tickets from Disney or any authorized reseller. Just do not reserve a "package" which is resort room + tickets. You need a room-only for the resort, and then buy the tickets separately. Tickets get linked to your MDE account, not the the room reservation.

We do have AAA, should I go there and have them attach the tickets to my reservation?
Once you have the tickets, you link them to each person’s profile in MDE via the Add Tickets link. It’s easy. That automatically links the tickets to all aspects of your trip.

I believe if you call them you can apply the cost of the 10 day park pass to the annual pass. At least that is what I have read in at least 3 places.

You may even be able to upgrade them online. Assuming you are eligible for the DVC Sorcerer pass (I think some resale contracts don't qualify). If not Sorcerer, you should be able to upgrade them to Incredi-pass -- but maybe not until April 20th.

The cost for an AP renewal is approximately $1,250 so I have to use more than one card. I combine cards all the time since the 5% is worth the trouble. :)
You can definitely use multiple Disney GCs with CMs on the phone. I personally know a DVC member that renewed her family of 4 via phone in one transaction with multiple Disney Gift Cards.

I have never attempted this, but can you charge an AP renewal to your room at Guest Relations with MagicBand charging and use multiple swipes at the front desk to cover it? Not sure if a MagicBand charge with Guest Relations is possible.

You may even be able to upgrade them online. Assuming you are eligible for the DVC Sorcerer pass (I think some resale contracts don't qualify). If not Sorcerer, you should be able to upgrade them to Incredi-pass -- but maybe not until April 20th.
I called them they do not know anything as of yet. I guess I will wait. I am a dvc member

I believe if you call them you can apply the cost of the 10 day park pass to the annual pass. At least that is what I have read in at least 3 places.
Thank You I have not seen anything about the upgrading of tickets. Thank You I will continue to look

I upgraded 7 day PHs last time they opened AP sales up. It’s very easy, the worst part is the wait on hold if you end up having to call.

I have not seen anything about the upgrading of tickets.
I believe folks on the DVC forum have been told they can upgrade regular tickets. However it may depend from where you purchased the 10-day. Most of the time they can be upgraded, but many folks who purchased from UT have been told they cannot upgrade in advance. Not sure if that's bad-info, or something maybe related to UT tickets being refundable.

As @scrappinginontario says, you can add the water park option for $99.

It's from date of first use - for example, if the first date you use it to enter a park is July 1, 2023, it will expire on July 1, 2024. If you renew it, the new AP will begin on July 1, 2024, the day the old one expired. If you don't renew it, you can still enter a park on July 1, 2024 with the old AP.
It's only 365 days now, not 366. So if you activate July 1, 2023 the last day you can enter if you don't renew is June 30, 2024.

I have 10 day tickets I bought for my coming vacation in August. I believe they will let me upgrade to an annual pass. Do you think that sounds correct?

I have 10 day tickets I bought for my coming vacation in August. I believe they will let me upgrade to an annual pass. Do you think that sounds correct?
I expect that will be allowed, however we won’t know for sure until the 20th.

It's only 365 days now, not 366. So if you activate July 1, 2023 the last day you can enter if you don't renew is June 30, 2024.
I hadn't heard that. Our Sorcerer passes (which we're not renewing) say they expired on the same date a year after they became effective, i.e., they were usable from March 11, 2022 to March 11, 2023.

I would like to use Disney gift cards to renew our annual passes because I can get them with the 5% discount from Target. I'm not able to renew an AP using only gift cards, since the window only allows one gift card and then a second form of payment, i.e. credit card. Can an annual pass be renewed by calling Disney so that I can use gifts cards for the entire purchase?

You can definitely use multiple Disney GCs with CMs on the phone. I personally know a DVC member that renewed her family of 4 via phone in one transaction with multiple Disney Gift Cards.

I have never attempted this, but can you charge an AP renewal to your room at Guest Relations with MagicBand charging and use multiple swipes at the front desk to cover it? Not sure if a MagicBand charge with Guest Relations is possible.

We aren't renewing but are planning on buying on the 20th, and I was hoping to pay using gift cards too for that extra savings. I guess I'll have to call in; hopefully they don't sell out before I'm able to get through on the phone! I figure they shouldn't but man the FOMO is real.

I hadn't heard that. Our Sorcerer passes (which we're not renewing) say they expired on the same date a year after they became effective, i.e., they were usable from March 11, 2022 to March 11, 2023.
Same with my March 19th - March 19th, however since the time we renewed back in march of 2022 the software may have been updated to exclude that last date. It also may have been an unauthorized change by a newer programmer who thought they found an error and was fixing it.

Same with my March 19th - March 19th, however since the time we renewed back in march of 2022 the software may have been updated to exclude that last date. It also may have been an unauthorized change by a newer programmer who thought they found an error and was fixing it.
I hope it hasn’t been “fixed” in such a way that renewals lose a day each year, e.g. this year’s renewal is usable from 3/11/2023 to 3/10/2024, the next renewal runs from 3/10/2024 to 3/9/2025, etc. It seems to me it would be easier for Disney to give nonrenewals the “extra” day (for the relative few who enter a park on the exact date their AP expires) than to cut them off the day before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter