Robo, your insight is always appreciated.

Do you have any suggestions for someone like me who needs to renew 60 days prior to my expiration, but my fastpass window is 2 days prior to that date? My fastpass date is 7/21 and my renew date is 7/23. Passes expire 9/21 and we are arriving 9/19. I hate to miss out on that full window of fastpass frenzy.

Thanks in advance, not expecting much but you don't know if you don't ask :D.
Yes.
Call the Disney AP line and explain the renewal timing issue.
They have many times extended the pre-renewal window earlier to accommodate
these kind of problems.
Please report back with your findings.

Yes.
Call the Disney AP line and explain the renewal timing issue.
They have many times extended the pre-renewal window earlier to accommodate
these kind of problems.
Please report back with your findings.

Wonderful! Thank you I'll report back. :)

Few Questions that I wanted to be sure of since all of the pricing changes happened.

We have 6 day park hopper tickets that we got with the "Free Dining" starting this weekend. Our AP are also do for renewal this month. We plan on using the price of those tickets toward our renewal. I am guessing there has been no change in allowing us to do this correct?

Are our tickets valued at the current price or are they still at the price we paid for them when we ordered our package (I don't remember exactly what they cost was at that time, we booked in March I believe.) Not a big deal, just trying to calculate what we will owe.

Also we are taking my son and his girlfriend. We thought we would buy them tickets to the H2O Glow event at Typhoon Lagoon. Can we purchase tickets with our AP discount and assign the tickets to them? We do not plan on going, just those 2. It's only $5 savings so not a big deal if that isn't allowed.

As always, thanks for all of the insight.

We have 6 day park hopper tickets that we got with the "Free Dining" starting this weekend. Our AP are also do for renewal this month. We plan on using the price of those tickets toward our renewal.
A. I am guessing there has been no change in allowing us to do this correct?
B. Are our tickets valued at the current price or are they still at the price we paid for them when we ordered our package (I don't remember exactly what they cost was at that time, we booked in March I believe.) Not a big deal, just trying to calculate what we will owe.
Also we are taking my son and his girlfriend. We thought we would buy them tickets to the H2O Glow event at Typhoon Lagoon.
C. Can we purchase tickets with our AP discount and assign the tickets to them?
D. We do not plan on going, just those 2. It's only $5 savings so not a big deal if that isn't allowed.
A. You can still do this.
B. Prices at the time of booking.
C. Yes.
D. It's OK. Have a great trip!

What happens if you buy the current date based tickets not as part of a package and you have to cancel the trip due to a family emergency? I think the value can be applied to future tickets, but does that have to be done in person? I’m helping a family member with their trip and with elderly grandparents cancelation is a concern. If I purchase the tickets with my credit card and she has to postpone the trip for a year would I be able to modify the tickets in person for her since I go down regularly? I’d hate for her to have to postpone a trip and then not be able to schedule fast passes at 60 days for a rescheduled trip.

What happens if you buy the current date based tickets not as part of a package and you have to cancel the trip due to a family emergency?
1. I think the value can be applied to future tickets, but
2. does that have to be done in person? I’m helping a family member with their trip and with elderly grandparents cancelation is a concern. If I purchase the tickets with my credit card and she has to postpone the trip for a year
3. would I be able to modify the tickets in person for her since I go down regularly? I’d hate for her to have to postpone a trip and then not be able to schedule fast passes at 60 days for a rescheduled trip.
1. Yes.
2. Likely. We just don't know.
3. "Modify" may not exactly be the correct word, but you would likely be able to
get new tickets using the previously unused ticket's value as partial payment.
Then, put those tickets into MDX for FP booking.
It would make sense that you would have (now and in the future) everyone (and all tickets) listed in YOUR MDX account so you'd have access to the tickets, if needed.

Hello! Here now with park hopper plus tickets. We’ve used all our theme park days and we’re planning on going to the water parks over the next 2 days. We haven’t used any of the “plus” options yet.
However, MDE shows that we have 0 water park days. I’ve attached a photo.
Do we have to use all the plus options before finishing up our theme park days?

Attachments

• B3E7DB67-C446-4BF3-AB0C-DF15E5A90BE7.jpeg
    B3E7DB67-C446-4BF3-AB0C-DF15E5A90BE7.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 21

Hello! Here now with park hopper plus tickets. We’ve used all our theme park days and we’re planning on going to the water parks over the next 2 days. We haven’t used any of the “plus” options yet.
1. However, MDE shows that we have 0 water park days. I’ve attached a photo.
2. Do we have to use all the plus options before finishing up our theme park days?
2. No.
1. Looks like it could be the ever-present GLITCHES on MDX.
Check MDX using your smart phone App.
Try re-loading your smart phone App.
Check the MDX website using your a web browser.
Go to any Guest Relations at WDW and ask.
And, please report back.

However, MDE shows that we have 0 water park days. I’ve attached a photo.
Do we have to use all the plus options before finishing up our theme park days?
2. No.
1. Looks like it could be the ever-present GLITCHES on MDX.
Check MDX using your smart phone App.
Try re-loading your smart phone App.
Check the MDX website using your a web browser.
Go to any Guest Relations at WDW and ask.
And, please report back.
I ended up calling & they told me they could see all the plus options still available on their end, but that I would not be able to see them on my end.
We went to the water parks & mini golf & had no problems entering. She did warn me that we might have problems tapping in at the tapstile, but that guest services at the park would be able to see the tickets on my account. Absolutely no problems though, we tapped right in, & we had lots of fun!

Thanks for the report.
Glad to hear of your happy outcome!

AND...

GlitchCitySign-500_zpsf50fe154.jpg

I haven’t been in a few years and have a few stupid questions I think...

I have normal tickets and an AP, if I have them under my profile, can I choose to use the tickets instead of the AP? Or should I move the AP to another profile and just move it back after first use?

My husband and son have Canadian promo tickets. Do I just go straight to the entrance or do we have to go to guest services to activate these? Would I need to bring our passports on our first day?

Thanks as usual!! :)

Planning to upgrade tickets when we go next summer. Am I looking at this correctly?

I usually buy tickets on undercover tourist. It looks like i can select the date for my tickets for next July 2020.

For 5 of us (4 disney adults and 1 child) the cost of 8 day park hopper through UT is $2744.99 (priced at July 2020 prices)

To upgrade to the Gold AP (we have DVC) it would cost $3722.20 (including tax)

The 8 day PH tickets from UT should be bridged to WDW prices (which I priced for July 2020) @ $3000.38 (including tax).

Am I correct in thinking my cost to upgrade when we get there would be $721.92 - the difference between the bridged price and the price of the Gold AP?

This is assuming there won't be another AP increase between now and July 2020.

Just trying to figure out when the best time would be to buy our tickets.

Can I really buy dated park tickets now for july 2020? It seems like i am able to see the pricing that far out with both WDW and UT. So i could purchase now with those dates and if there were any other price changes my tickets will be valid and could be bridged to current prices in order to upgrade to AP.

I haven’t been in a few years and have a few stupid questions I think...

I have normal tickets and an AP,
1. if I have them under my profile, can I choose to use the tickets instead of the AP?
2. Or should I move the AP to another profile and just move it back after first use?

My husband and son have Canadian promo tickets.
3. Do I just go straight to the entrance or do we have to go to guest services to activate these?
4. Would I need to bring our passports on our first day?

Thanks as usual!! :)
1. Yes. Go to Guest Relations BEFORE going to a park gate and have the PRIORITY of the tickets
you want to use set to the highest priority level.
2. You can... IF that AP has never been activated.
3. Not sure. All adults need to show a legal Canadian ID, so I'd say it wouldn't hurt to go to Guest Relations first.
4. Yes.

1. Yes. Go to Guest Relations BEFORE going to a park gate and have the PRIORITY of the tickets
you want to use set to the highest priority level.
2. You can... IF that AP has never been activated.
3. Not sure. All adults need to show a legal Canadian ID, so I'd say it wouldn't hurt to go to Guest Relations first.
4. Yes.
Thanks so much for the answers!! I really appreciate it! Ill probably just move the AP and move it back after :) and pass by guest relations before going in the park :) thanks again!

Planning to upgrade tickets when we go next summer. Am I looking at this correctly?

I usually buy tickets on undercover tourist. It looks like i can select the date for my tickets for next July 2020.

1. For 5 of us (4 disney adults and 1 child) the cost of 8 day park hopper through UT is $2744.99 (priced at July 2020 prices)

2. To upgrade to the Gold AP (we have DVC) it would cost $3722.20 (including tax)

3. The 8 day PH tickets from UT should be bridged to WDW prices (which I priced for July 2020) @ $3000.38 (including tax).
4. Am I correct in thinking my cost to upgrade when we get there would be $721.92 - the difference between the bridged price and the price of the Gold AP?

5. This is assuming there won't be another AP increase between now and July 2020.

6. Just trying to figure out when the best time would be to buy our tickets.

Can I really buy dated park tickets now for july 2020? It seems like i am able to see the pricing that far out with both WDW and UT. So i could purchase now with those dates and if there were any other price changes my tickets will be valid and could be bridged to current prices in order to upgrade to AP.
1. OK. (It is so much easier to discuss just ONE ticket at a time, rather than combining to "grand totals.")
2. OK.
3. They will be bridged to the CURRENT "Disney price" regardless of when you upgrade, even if the cost for individual tickets goes up in the interim.
4. Yup. I will GUESS that the cost for the Gold AP will increase before your trip (but, nobody knows.)
5. If all the numbers you listed are correct, then yes. (See why I like to discuses only ONE ticket at a time?)
6. Since AP prices and daily ticket prices often change on different dates...
AND, since you can save more from certain ticket discounters (UT is one good choice, but there are many others) at different times... Nobody knows.
Buy when you think you should and have a great trip!

Hello! I promise I’ve searched around for an answer to this but I’m not finding it.

I have a free dining package I booked January 2019 for our trip in August. We also have an annual passes that we will be using this trip but not renewing. The 4 day park hoppers I got with the package show as expiring on the last day of our trip. They will not be used at all.

In the past you could bank them and use their value towards a future ticket. Can you still do this or do they actually expire at the end of the trip even if they haven’t been used?

Thanks for you help! I’m sorry if this has been answered previously and I didn’t see it.

In the past you could bank them and use their value towards a future ticket. Can you still do this or do they actually expire at the end of the trip even if they haven’t been used?

The tickets expire in that they cannot be used as-is after that date. If completely unused, they do still retain value that can be applied toward future tickets.

Enjoy your vacation!

I think I may have not thought my issue through. I posted awhile back about buying a ticket from UCT to use toward my renewal of my DVC AP (so that I could erase the purchase with credit card points). So I did that, and bought one that is slightly less in value than my renewal. Here is my question/issue that just occurred to me.
I bought a ticket for the dates of my August 2nd trip, since that is when I will renew my pass (which expires 9/1). However, my FP date for my September trip is 7/30. I wont be able to use the August dated ticket to make those will I? If I am correct in that assumption, can I load them in MDE and modify the dates, and pay any difference that their might be?

I think I may have not thought my issue through. I posted awhile back about buying a ticket from UCT to use toward my renewal of my DVC AP (so that I could erase the purchase with credit card points). So I did that, and bought one that is slightly less in value than my renewal. Here is my question/issue that just occurred to me.
I bought a ticket for the dates of my August 2nd trip, since that is when I will renew my pass (which expires 9/1). However, my FP date for my September trip is 7/30.
I wont be able to use the August dated ticket to make those will I? If I am correct in that assumption,
can I load them in MDE and modify the dates, and pay any difference that their might be?
Yes.
You MIGHT need to call Disney ticketing to change the dates on the UT ticket.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter