In general...
Is there some reason that you are booking your tickets as "part of your package?"
If you buy stand-alone tickets, they won't "start" until the date that YOU choose
when you order them.
Free dining.

Can anyone confirm that yes you can start your tickets later than your package start date?

Did you purchase the “flexible” option? If not, I honestly don’t trust what you were told. The ticket use-window ticker starts with the ticket start date, and I believe that corresponds to the check-in date for package tickets. The “flexible” option will allow your ticket window to begin on first use regardless of package dates, and last for 14 days.

Enjoy your vacation!

1. You can call and ask. There is no reason they could not upgrade in advance,
2. Or, you can certainly do that.
Not much difference between doing this "now" or "then" unless there happens to be ANOTHER
AP price increase (which, based on there just having been an increase about 10 days ago, seems unlikley.)
Hi Thank you. I did call to add my flight info for magical express so I asked and this CM told me I had to do it at guest services. If I need to call again I am going to inquire just to see if I get same answer. 😉

Hi, I'm sorry if this has already been answered but I looked through the sticky and I'm still not sure of the answer.
I currently have a trip booked through a travel agent that includes tickets and hotel. The tickets are park hoppers, and are for all 4 members of the party. I am considering getting an AP just for me - not for everyone.
So - can I purchase the AP voucher through someplace other than the travel agent? If I do so will Disney still be able to refund me the amount I spent on the park hopper when I activate the AP at the parks? Or do I have to pay full price for the AP by purchasing it through Disney when I arrive?

I don't want to cancel my ticket through the travel agent, as we've already made FP reservations - but I don't want to pay for an extra ticket I can't use. I'm also hoping to take advantage of a deal that make the AP cheaper. Thanks!

Hi, I'm sorry if this has already been answered but I looked through the sticky and I'm still not sure of the answer.
I currently have a trip booked through a travel agent that includes tickets and hotel. The tickets are park hoppers, and are for all 4 members of the party. I am considering getting an AP just for me - not for everyone.
So - can I purchase the AP voucher through someplace other than the travel agent? If I do so will Disney still be able to refund me the amount I spent on the park hopper when I activate the AP at the parks? Or do I have to pay full price for the AP by purchasing it through Disney when I arrive?

I don't want to cancel my ticket through the travel agent, as we've already made FP reservations - but I don't want to pay for an extra ticket I can't use. I'm also hoping to take advantage of a deal that make the AP cheaper. Thanks!
At some point early-on in your WDW trip (1st day would be good,)
go to any Guest Relations or ticket booth and upgrade to AP.
(Yes, you'll pay "full price.")

The better way to save money on an AP is to purchase a discounted ticket from an
authorized WDW ticket seller (like UndercoverTourist.com or ParkSavers.com or BoardwalkTicketing.com, or many more.)
Choose a ticket that has the highest DISCOUNT (likely that ticket will have 9-10 days w/Hopper on on it.)
THEN, upgrade to AP from that ticket and still KEEP the savings you got when you bought the discounted ticket.
After you attached that discounted ticket your MDX account you could cancel the ticket you have through the TA. Your FPs will remain.

If it is required that ALL guests on your package must have the "same kind of ticket,"
you could buy ALL guests tickets from the discounter.
Then, the WDW reservation should be made "room-only."

One more serious consideration is...
do you know what "kind" of tickets the TA is offering?
Not all tickets can be upgraded.

Last edited:
I haven't upgraded/bridged the new date based tickets (only the old MYW), so I am looking for some clarity. We are going to WDW in July for 4 days, then going again in October for 6 days. Will I be able to bridge the UCT date based 10 day park hopper ticket (has the most savings) to an AP? I am just wanting some reassurance before I buy a ticket with so many more days than I will actually use during this July trip. Thanks!!

So we have 4 adult and 1 child 2 Day Park Hopper Plus tickets that were purchased as part of a package in 2017 that we never used as we bought them for free dining and already had 5 day Canadian resident tickets. They expired this past January 14, 2019 and from what I understand we can exchange them for new tickets and we will be credited the price we paid. We would like to get the exact same tickets which show on the website as costing a total of $1775.90 (333.50 x 5 plus tax starting Aug.3). From what I can find online the 2017 price for 2 Day Park Hopper Plus is $274 for adults and $262 for kids. So we should be credited for 4 adult x $274 and 1 kids at $262 which equals $1358 - not sure if this includes tax. Does this really mean it’s going to cost me $1775.90 - $1358 = $417.90 for the exact same tickets?? If the 2017 prices I have are not including tax it would be $1775.90 - $1446.27 = $329.63 which still seems ridiculous. Is this really correct?

So we have 4 adult and 1 child 2 Day Park Hopper Plus tickets that were purchased as part of a package in 2017 that we never used as we bought them for free dining and already had 5 day Canadian resident tickets. They expired this past January 14, 2019 and from what I understand
A. we can exchange them for new tickets and we will be credited the price we paid.
B. We would like to get the exact same tickets which show on the website as costing a total of $1775.90 (333.50 x 5 plus tax starting Aug.3).
From what I can find online the 2017 price for 2 Day Park Hopper Plus is
C. $274 for adults and
D. $262 for kids. So we should be credited for 4 adult x $274 and 1 kids at $262 which equals $1358 - not sure if this includes tax. Does this really mean it’s going to cost me $1775.90 - $1358 = $417.90 for the exact same tickets??
E. If the 2017 prices I have are not including tax it would be $1775.90 - $1446.27 = $329.63 which still seems ridiculous.
F. Is this really correct?
A. You can use their original "Disney price" toward buying new, current tickets.
B. I will assume that you are quoting the current prices correctly.
C. $291.81 w/tax.
D. $279.03 w/tax.
E. This equation is the correct situation.
F. If your numbers quoted in "B" are correct, then yes.

Thanks Robo! That seems like an insane price increase over 2 years but not much I can do about it! Is there any way to exchange the tickets ahead of time so we can get Fastpasses 30 days out or do we have to do it in person when we get to Florida? Are the prices at the gate the same as online or will it be more?

Also, as of right now the expired tickets still show in the MDE app but not if I login through a browser. We also have the linked plastic cards and Magicbands for the tickets. I’m worried about the tickets not showing up in the system or something along those lines. Should I be concerned?

A. You can use their original "Disney price" toward buying new, current tickets.
B. I will assume that you are quoting the current prices correctly.
C. $291.81 w/tax.
D. $279.03 w/tax.
E. This equation is the correct situation.
F. If your numbers quoted in "B" are correct, then yes.

Thanks Robo!
1. That seems like an insane price increase over 2 years but not much I can do about it!
2. Is there any way to exchange the tickets ahead of time so we can get Fastpasses 30 days out or do we have to do it in person when we get to Florida?
3. Are the prices at the gate the same as online or will it be more?

Also, as of right now the expired tickets still show in the MDE app but not if I login through a browser. We also have the linked plastic cards and Magicbands for the tickets.
4. I’m worried about the tickets not showing up in the system or something along those lines. Should I be concerned?
1. The way of Disney, these days...
2. I've not heard of anyone being able to do this process in advance. (But, you can call and ask nicely.)
3. This process (similar to "upgrading") would be done at any Guest Relations or ticket booth, but it would not be considered the same as buying tickets "at the gate,"
so the costs we discussed above would be what you'd pay at Disney Springs or outside a theme park gate.
4. No more than any other possible "glitch" to which MDX is prone.

At some point early-on in your WDW trip (1st day would be good,)
go to any Guest Relations or ticket booth and upgrade to AP.
(Yes, you'll pay "full price.")

The better way to save money on an AP is to purchase a discounted ticket from an
authorized WDW ticket seller (like UndercoverTourist.com or ParkSavers.com or BoardwalkTicketing.com, or many more.)
Choose a ticket that has the highest DISCOUNT (likely that ticket will have 9-10 days w/Hopper on on it.)
THEN, upgrade to AP from that ticket and still KEEP the savings you got when you bought the discounted ticket.
After you attached that discounted ticket your MDX account you could cancel the ticket you have through the TA. Your FPs will remain.

If it is required that ALL guests on your package must have the "same kind of ticket,"
you could buy ALL guests tickets from the discounter.
Then, the WDW reservation should be made "room-only."

One more serious consideration is...
do you know what "kind" of tickets the TA is offering?
Not all tickets can be upgraded.

Thank you!
I am fairly certain that we just have regular park hopper tickets - not convention tickets or anything like that. So it should be upgradeable. I don't know if everyone has to have the same kind of ticket. I don't remember seeing that anywhere. We don't have the dining plan if that matters, and we aren't booked as any kind of special group or deal - just the regular Disney summer discount.

I'm trying to justify the price of the annual pass, and it's harder to do with the price increase. (I might be back for a second (work related) trip in a few months, but I won't know for sure until after we get back from this trip - so I'm sort of trying to hedge my bets.)

I guess I'm not understanding what you're telling me though - I could buy a second ticket now through Undercover Tourist, then upgrade it to an AP at the parks - then cancel the ticket I currently have through the TA. But by the time I arrive at Disney, I will have paid in full for the ticket through the TA. I must be missing something because that seems like I'm just paying twice for the tickets... or would Disney refund the $ I paid for the cancelled ticket at that point? Also - it looks like that would save me about $70 off the cost of the AP. Or is my math completely off?
(Sorry if I'm just totally missing it...)

I guess I'm not understanding what you're telling me though - I could buy a second ticket now through Undercover Tourist, then upgrade it to an AP at the parks - then cancel the ticket I currently have through the TA. But by the time I arrive at Disney, I will have paid in full for the ticket through the TA. I must be missing something because that seems like I'm just paying twice for the tickets... or would Disney refund the $ I paid for the cancelled ticket at that point? Also - it looks like that would save me about $70 off the cost of the AP. Or is my math completely off?
(Sorry if I'm just totally missing it...)
You would FIRST need to buy the new discounted tickets and put them on your MDX account.
Then, as soon as that's done, cancel your current tickets (well before your trip.)
(You said you had a "package" and any part of a "package" can be modified in advance
of your trip, given enough lead time.)
Have the TA fix this for you.
If the TA can't, or it's too close to your trip...
it's a "live and learn" situation, I guess.

Have a great trip!

Last edited:
Sorry if these have been answered before, but I have a couple of questions about buying tickets. We arrive on a Saturday but our first park day won't be until Sunday. If we make our first day for tickets on Sunday, will that affect our FP+ day or is that pre-determined by our resort arrival date? (we already have the resort booked and the FP+ day). It saves us a little bit of money to start the tickets on Sunday, but I would rather have the extra day on the FP+ booking.

I'm also wondering if there's an advantage to waiting a few more months to see if there will be a discount package offered for January (right now we have a room only reservation but could change it to a package if there's a good discount) or if we should go ahead and buy our tickets now because who knows when prices will go up. THANKS!

Sorry if these have been answered before, but I have a couple of questions about buying tickets. We arrive on a Saturday but our first park day won't be until Sunday.
1. If we make our first day for tickets on Sunday, will that affect our FP+ day
2. or is that pre-determined by our resort arrival date? (we already have the resort booked and the FP+ day). It saves us a little bit of money to start the tickets on Sunday, but I would rather have the extra day on the FP+ booking.

3. I'm also wondering if there's an advantage to waiting a few more months to see if there will be a discount package offered for January (right now we have a room only reservation but could change it to a package if there's a good discount) or if we should go ahead and buy our tickets now because who knows when prices will go up. THANKS!
1. No.

2. Yes.

Crystal-Ball-OutOrder-LgB.jpg

Have a great trip!!

I just went to renew our annual passes. I had no problems with mine, but my wife's says it's not eligible to renew. It's the same pass (platinum), with the same renewal date and obviously the same expiration date. I don't get it....
Does she have her own MDX account? You’d then have to renew from her account, not yours.

Question about getting new magicbands at the parks. I checked Post #1 on the magicband thread and it seems that we can use our complimentary color bands that were recently mailed to us since we purchased a package/staying onsite and can also purchase 'premium' bands in the parks and have a CM link our vacation data to them. Is this commonly a flawless procedure? I am just afraid that Memory Maker, FP, Room Key, etc. might be glitchy on the newly purchased-in-parks band.

Question about getting new magicbands at the parks. I checked Post #1 on the magicband thread and it seems that we can use our complimentary color bands that were recently mailed to us since we purchased a package/staying onsite and can also purchase 'premium' bands in the parks and have a CM link our vacation data to them. Is this commonly a flawless procedure? I am just afraid that Memory Maker, FP, Room Key, etc. might be glitchy on the newly purchased-in-parks band.
No info goes onto the MB.

MBs will be linked to your MDX Profiles and will provide the link to all data in your account. You won’t lose any info - you’ll just gain new MBs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter