Question about the Florida resident special ticket offers. They are usually offered with the option of 3 or 4 days. For example, the current "Get Your Ears On" offer for tickets good through 8/28/2019. With those tickets, can you add days to them at a FL resident rate? For example, my parents, who are Florida residents, are going on a trip with the rest of the family. They probably need 5-6 days of admission. The Silver pass is an option obviously, but if they were to get the 4 day FL resident ticket, would they be able to add a day or two at a FL resident rate? Or would they have to pay the difference between their 4 day FL resident ticket and a regular (non-FL resident) 5-6 day ticket?

Is there any way to view unused date specific tickets that have expired? They disappeared from my MDE.
Try using the MyDisneyExperience website via your web browser.
Try restarting your computer.
Try using the MyDisneyExperience App.
Try reinstalling the MyDisneyExperience App.

Try using the MyDisneyExperience website via your web browser.
Try restarting your computer.
Try using the MyDisneyExperience App.
Try reinstalling the MyDisneyExperience App.
Thanks, tried all of this and nothing. When I called, they said it was normal to not see it on my end since it is expired but I can still call to upgrade them?! Just doesn’t seem right.

Thanks, tried all of this and nothing. When I called, they said it was normal to not see it on my end since it is expired but I can still call to upgrade them?! Just doesn’t seem right.
I've not heard that you can CALL to upgrade expired tickets.
I know that you can do so IN-PERSON at WDW.

Otherwise, I'm not sure that you are not supposed to be able to "see" expired unused tickets
in your MDX account. (I just don't know, one way or the other.)

But, I would not just take the word of a random Phone CM.
If you did not call
WDW Ticketing
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat
I would definitely do that.

After all...
If a guest cannot SEE expired, unused tickets in MDX,
how are they supposed to know what expired, unused tickets
that they have?

I've not heard that you can CALL to upgrade expired tickets.
I know that you can do so IN-PERSON at WDW.

Otherwise, I'm not sure that you are not supposed to be able to "see" expired unused tickets
in your MDX account. (I just don't know, one way or the other.)

But, I would not just take the word of a random Phone CM.
If you did not call
WDW Ticketing
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat
I would definitely do that.

After all...
If a guest cannot SEE expired, unused tickets in MDX,
how are they supposed to know what expired, unused tickets
that they have?

My thoughts exactly! I will call tomorrow. Thank you!

Can you upgrade a flexible-date two-day base ticket to a fixed date 5-day hopper? I just don’t Want to pay the flexible date up charge for all extra days...
Or can you upgrade to an AP by calling?
I also know I can use that money on another ticket when it’s expired, but I don’t know how that would work since I started with a one-day fixes date to a two day fixed date and then added the flexible date option... so I don’t have just one email confirmation but 3!

1. Can you upgrade a flexible-date two-day base ticket to a fixed date 5-day hopper? I just don’t Want to pay the flexible date up charge for all extra days...
2. Or can you upgrade to an AP by calling?
3. I also know I can use that money on another ticket when it’s expired, but I don’t know how that would work since I started with a one-day fixes date to a two day fixed date and then added the flexible date option... so I don’t have just one email confirmation but 3!
1. An "upgrade" is defined by Disney as trading from one ticket to another ticket that costs more than the first ticket.
2. Calling? Maybe.
In-person? Yes.
Your "trade-in value" would be for the regular price (on the date that you upgraded) of the last ticket to which you upgraded.
(From your info, it looks like that would be a "two-day, flexible date" ticket.)

I read thru the 1st page of this thread, but did not find an answer to my question.

I need to upgrade our Weekday Select tickets to a Silver ticket. They do not expire until Jan 2020. Do both my DH and I have to show up at the ticket window to do this? We are going to California Grill 7/3 for dinner and not bringing his scooter. I thought I would make the trek over to MK and do this without him if possible.

Thanks for your help and this awesome thread.

Laura

When you bridge to APs, do you have to use the tickets you're bridging before you can upgrade? We're arriving next Monday and we want to bridge our 7-day hoppers to APs. Can we do that at Port Orleans Riverside when we check in or do we need to wait and do it inside of the park (we're going to MK on arrival day)? Thanks!

I read thru the 1st page of this thread, but did not find an answer to my question.

I need to upgrade our Weekday Select tickets to a Silver ticket. They do not expire until Jan 2020. Do both my DH and I have to show up at the ticket window to do this? We are going to California Grill 7/3 for dinner and not bringing his scooter. I thought I would make the trek over to MK and do this without him if possible.

Thanks for your help and this awesome thread.

Laura
For "activation" of a new AP, all adults need to be present at the window and show a legal photo ID.

1. When you bridge to APs, do you have to use the tickets you're bridging before you can upgrade?
We're arriving next Monday and we want to bridge our 7-day hoppers to APs.
2. Can we do that at Port Orleans Riverside when we check in or do we need to wait and do it inside of the park (we're going to MK on arrival day)? Thanks!
1. Nope.
However, as far as I can determine, if you DO use a ticket to go into a park, as soon as you do, the option to Upgrade to AP will appear in your MDX account, and you can do the upgrade (at the correct price) right from your MDX.
2. You can ask... but I don't like the odds of a CM at a resort being familiar with the correct procedure and price for upgrading to AP.

1. Nope.
However, as far as I can determine, if you DO use a ticket to go into a park, as soon as you do, the option to Upgrade to AP will appear in your MDX account, and you can do the upgrade (at the correct price) right from your MDX.
2. You can ask... but I don't like the odds of a CM at a resort being familiar with the correct procedure and price for upgrading to AP.
Ah, thanks Robo!

1. An "upgrade" is defined by Disney as trading from one ticket to another ticket that costs more than the first ticket.
2. Calling? Maybe.
In-person? Yes.
Your "trade-in value" would be for the regular price (on the date that you upgraded) of the last ticket to which you upgraded.
(From your info, it looks like that would be a "two-day, flexible date" ticket.)
Thanks!

I bought a 7 day park hopper ticket from undercover tourist in march (that has been linked to my Disney account) that I am going to upgrade to a AP when I get to the parks in December. I recently bought one of the sams club AP vouchers to use in the future and have not linked it to my disney account because I was worried it would cause issues when I upgrade my park hopper ticket. Would it be ok to go ahead and link the AP voucher to my disney account or should I wait until I upgrade my park hopper ticket?

I bought a 7 day park hopper ticket from undercover tourist in march (that has been linked to my Disney account) that I am going to upgrade to a AP when I get to the parks in December. I recently bought one of the sams club AP vouchers to use in the future and have not linked it to my disney account because I was worried it would cause issues when I upgrade my park hopper ticket.
1. Would it be ok to go ahead and link the AP voucher to my disney account
2. or should I wait until I upgrade my park hopper ticket?
1. You CAN, but...
2. Put the Sam's certificate in a very safe place, and wait.
No need to tempt the fate of the glitchy MDX if you don't have to.

I just tried to upgrade 5 day PH for AP renewal. Ticket was purchased from UT on 10/1518 for $458.33. CM said value of ticket was $447.18, tax incl. I declined. What do Ido-I need to renew today.

I just tried to upgrade 5 day PH for AP renewal.
A. Ticket was purchased from UT on 10/1518
B. for $458.33.
C. CM said value of ticket was $447.18, tax incl. I declined.
D. What do Ido-I need to renew today.

A. That would have been just before the price increase of 10/16/18.
B. It does not matter at all (for upgrading purposes) what YOU paid for the ticket.
On 10/15/18, a A 5-day Hopper, Disney Price, would have been $500.55 (including tax.)
C. Assuming the info you stated is correct, CM was incorrect.
D. Try elsewhere.
Take the best deal you can get. THEN, (if the price was quoted incorrectly)
you can have the issue corrected later. Keep all of your reciepts.

A. That would have been just before the price increase of 10/16/18.
B. It does not matter at all (for upgrading purposes) what YOU paid for the ticket.
On 10/15/18, a A 5-day Hopper, Disney Price, would have been $500.55 (including tax.)
C. Assuming the info you stated is correct, CM was incorrect.
D. Try elsewhere.
Take the best deal you can get. THEN, (if the price was quoted incorrectly)
you can have the issue corrected later. Keep all of your reciepts.
I ended up going to Guest Relations at another park. The second CM must have read notes for my account from the first CM, as she mentioned EP, which was the first park. She wanted to know where I purchased the ticket, and I told her at an authorized 3rd party reseller. At first, she started telling me that what I paid was not what the ticket was worth. When I protested being offered a value less than my cost, she checked with a supervisor and came back with a way of working around the system. I ended up getting a credit very close to Disney’s price for a 5 day Hopper, at time of my purchase. That second CM was outstanding, and I thanked her for working out a solution for me. I also told her that I was going to send a message to Disney, letting them know how outstanding she was. The first CM did not even try and looked perturbed when I told her that I was going to think about renewing.

Thanks for your reply; I was in panic mode, when I first posted.

Last edited:
Robo, your insight is always appreciated.

Do you have any suggestions for someone like me who needs to renew 60 days prior to my expiration, but my fastpass window is 2 days prior to that date? My fastpass date is 7/21 and my renew date is 7/23. Passes expire 9/21 and we are arriving 9/19. I hate to miss out on that full window of fastpass frenzy.

Thanks in advance, not expecting much but you don't know if you don't ask :D.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter