Those using swagbucks ???

Okay so I have enough SB for my first redemption and Target gift cards are 12% off (so 2200 SB).

If I cash in for that I can then go on their website and apply that to a Disney gift card correct? If so this rocks since SB doesn’t want to let me dump to PayPal due to a different email.
You will have to use the target GC in the store to try to buy a Disney GC. Target stopped allowing online over a year ago.

You will have to use the target GC in the store to try to buy a Disney GC. Target stopped allowing online over a year ago.

Ah okay! That’ll still work but is just a little more challenging since Target is 3 hours away from us. I know the Walmart one had special pricing as well but I’m not sure if they have Disney gift cards in our store.

Lowe’s GCs must work in store as well? I know I’d seen them there too.

My first clearsurance is pending and supposed to post today. I really hope it posts today after my struggles to meet first goal yesterday.

ETA - They must be reading in here again, 10 minutes after I posted this and the 150sb have posted. Yay!

Last edited:
Ah okay! That’ll still work but is just a little more challenging since Target is 3 hours away from us. I know the Walmart one had special pricing as well but I’m not sure if they have Disney gift cards in our store.

Lowe's won't let you use a gift card to buy another gift card.

Okay so I have enough SB for my first redemption and Target gift cards are 12% off (so 2200 SB).

If I cash in for that I can then go on their website and apply that to a Disney gift card correct? If so this rocks since SB doesn’t want to let me dump to PayPal due to a different email.

Unfortunately you can't buy a GC with a GC online at Target. You have to use the gift card in-store for that. Aside from Sam's Club I think most stores are like that now where it only works in store.

If that's the only issue with PayPal, then add your SB email address to your PayPal account. In PP setting you can add multiple email addresses. But there's no discount for PayPal so may still want to think where you can use one instore to maximize your SB.

Lowes doesn't accept a gift card in payment for a gift card.

Unfortunately you can't buy a GC with a GC online at Target. You have to use the gift card in-store for that. Aside from Sam's Club I think most stores are like that now where it only works in store.

If that's the only issue with PayPal, then add your SB email address to your PayPal account. In PP setting you can add multiple email addresses. But there's no discount for PayPal so may still want to think where you can use one instore to maximize your SB.

Yeah that’s a huge factor too! If I could get the gift cards at a store where they’re discounted on SB then I’d easily have over $200 in savings.

And good to know Lowe’s isn’t an option either.

Yeah that’s a huge factor too! If I could get the gift cards at a store where they’re discounted on SB then I’d easily have over $200 in savings.

And good to know Lowe’s isn’t an option either.

The list of stores that I'm aware of that take GC for GC are
Best Buy
Target
WalMart/Sam's Club
Bed Bath Beyond
Safeway (I think)
Sears

Hopefully someone will chime in if I'm missing one (or more!). I haven't tried the Safeway stores as they're not really near me but I've got it in my head from the Gift Cards thread it's worked for some folks there. I'm pretty sure Sam's Club still takes them for online orders, I don't know about WalMart, I've only done that in-store.

Edit: Added Sears to the list. As usual YMMV with it, but someone posted in Feb that it worked for them still. Kmart used to work but I think they changed that last year and I haven't seen a Kmart gift card in forever.

Last edited:
My first clearsurance is pending and supposed to post today. I really hope it posts today after my struggles to meet first goal yesterday.

ETA - They must be reading in here again, 10 minutes after I posted this and the 150sb have posted. Yay!

So my clearsurance just posted a minute ago but my hooked on phonics that's also supposed to post today is still in pending. I'll never understand SB. Although it would be nice if it didn't post until tomorrow that way 2 days of goals are met :)
My 2nd goals are so low that with the increased 1st goal for swagcode extravangaza there's only a little sliver of red on the meter today. And the clearsurance took out both in one swoop.

The list of stores that I'm aware of that take GC for GC are
Best Buy
Target
WalMart/Sam's Club
Bed Bath Beyond
Safeway (I think)

Hopefully someone will chime in if I'm missing one (or more!). I haven't tried the Safeway stores as they're not really near me but I've got it in my head from the Gift Cards thread it's worked for some folks there. I'm pretty sure Sam's Club still takes them for online orders, I don't know about WalMart, I've only done that in-store.

Perfect! Walmart is at least local (so I’m not that person walking into Target with oodles of gift cards to redeem hahaha

I'm trying to understand the hotel booking cashback. Do you get the cashback offered when you booked the room (when the trip ID was generated) or the cashback offered at the time of the stay (when the $ value credits on the shop trip)?

Our first couple stays the cashback offer was the same between booking and the stay so I didn't think much of it. But we've got a couple rooms booked far in advance and wondered how that works.

Y
I'm trying to understand the hotel booking cashback. Do you get the cashback offered when you booked the room (when the trip ID was generated) or the cashback offered at the time of the stay (when the $ value credits on the shop trip)?

Our first couple stays the cashback offer was the same between booking and the stay so I didn't think much of it. But we've got a couple rooms booked far in advance and wondered how that works.
ou can actually look up the pending credit and it will tell you when it should clear

you get the amount offered when you booked - I always take a screenshot of the offer just in case.

That's what I thought and makes sense but I hadn't had one happen yet. But I just realized looking back on hubby's account just now we didn't get the right return on our Hotels.com booking. It was supposed to be 10 but we got 8. When we got the points I assumed it was correct based on my math on what was room rate vs fees. But now seeing what we got credited for the room rate we only got 8 (we're didn't earn hotels nights, first time we ever booked and didn't create a hotels account to avoid it). Now I have to look through and see if we got a screenshot of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter