This is us..

Actually, they announced that it was moving to Thursdays...and then, a few hours later, announced that it would be staying on Tuesdays. Here's the logic: (going from memory after reading a WSJ article on the subject)

NBC is re-instituting their "Must See TV" slogan.
Thursdays are generally considered a good TV night--great time to advertise weekend activities, such as new movies.
However, NBC has Thursday Night Football, which would preempt regular programming for 5 weeks. In addition, the regular programming would be up against TNF on CBS an additional 5 weeks.
So, they decided to stick with Tuesdays. Not sure why nobody pointed all this out to them, months in advance, but whatever. I'd rather see them stick with one night, any night, although in this day and age of DVR-ing, it's a lot easier to catch a show that you might have missed due to moving/preemption. I know over on CBS, you never know when an episode of Big Bang Theory is going to pop up.
Hmmm, that is interesting.

I love the fact that it's going to be on a non-football night. Not only because, well, I love watching football, but also because I hate when my favorite shows immediately follow an NFL game on the same network, because they invariably start late, which means you have to set the DVR for three hours to record a one-hour show, just in case the game runs long(and it usually does).

On that note, I did see where "This Is Us" is getting that prime post-Super Bowl spot on NBC next year. Great for ratings, great for exposure(as if it needs any more exposure), but ugh.....the episode won't start until 10:30 p.m.(Eastern time) on a night when so many people are either hosting parties or attending parties, and usually just wanna crash as soon as the game is over.

Sterling K Brown posted this on his Twitter account/

Sterling K Brown‏Verified account @sterlingkb1 2h2 hours ago
Me and my two dads are going to the emmys! Thank you @TelevisionAcad for honoring us all (& my sister!
1f601.png
) #ThisIsUs

DEoL-2nVwAAE5Xr.jpg

DEoL-2nVwAAE5Xr.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter