This is us..

:offtopic:
I can't speak to the length of one or the other, but there was one episode of "Mad About You" that had a very lengthy, one-take scene. It was right after they had their baby, and they were sitting in the hall, talking.
I remember that episode-they were "sleep training" the baby by letting her cry it out at longer and longer intervals. I remember because at the end Paul says something like "we did it-she's asleep". and Jaime says something about how they broke her (baby's) heart. I was a new mom then too and I could never have let my baby wail it out. BUT I have been lucky to have great sleepers (youngest used to put himself down for naps when he got tired!)

Another first time poster here (to this thread, I mean)...I just found it a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, I find the above to be very interesting because the one thing I noticed at the end of the episode, as we see Jack walk out the door, and Rebecca is touching her necklace, it ends with a flash of bright light. In much of popular culture, the "bright light" is referenced when someone dies. My first thought, upon seeing it, is that Jack was walking out the door, towards the bright light/his death. That could fit into the post above, as well.[/QUOTE

I find that very interesting as well about Jack having alreadybeen dead. I also noticed jack w
I keep thinking about what you posted and I just wanted to come back and say, please come back and post more, at least on this thread at the very least. It's great to hear new ideas and interesting voices around here.

Although if I could nicely ask, could you please not have the next idea break my heart so crushingly? (I find the Pearson family storyline quite endearing and am having a hard time thinking about losing Jack.)

I think its interesting too what the poster said about Jack being dead as well as what you have posted. Also, I noticed after Jack spoke about the kids and was walking away, he winked at Rebecca, which at the time I thought was odd but now maybe there is a reason.

Also, I also mentioned that thte kids at the funeral look older than the teens do now but perhaps Im mistake.

I also thought it was odd that Rebeccas eyes were so puffy. She didnt come across as a wife that would have stayed up all night crying. When she came down the stairs, Jack was sitting or just sat right up on the couch. During his talk about the kids and their life to Rebecca, he was standing and she was on the couch. Did they show him standing up or her just sitting on the couch like he wasnt really there? Thanks.

Last edited:

I think its interesting too what the poster said about Jack being dead as well as what you have posted. Also, I noticed after Jack spoke about the kids and was walking away, he winked at Rebecca, which at the time I thought was odd but now maybe there is a reason.

Also, I also mentioned that thte kids at the funeral look older than the teens do now but perhaps Im mistake.

I also thought it was odd that Rebeccas eyes were so puffy. She didnt come across as a wife that would have stayed up all night crying. When she came down the stairs, Jack was sitting or just sat right up on the couch. During his talk about the kids and their life to Rebecca, he was standing and she was on the couch. Did they show him standing up or her just sitting on the couch like he wasnt really there? Thanks.

Well, she was actually sitting in a chair at the dining room table, but I don't recall them showing Jack get up from the couch, however I do believe they showed him coming in (possibly down the stairs) with his suitcase and then giving his speech.

Well, she was actually sitting in a chair at the dining room table, but I don't recall them showing Jack get up from the couch, however I do believe they showed him coming in (possibly down the stairs) with his suitcase and then giving his speech.

Yes, he came down the stairs with his suitcase and said, "I called Miguel and he was fine with it." then he gave his speech.

Discussing at lunch and reading your posts. Question from coworkers:
How do we really know the funeral scene we saw was actually Jacks funeral?

I could be WAY off, or even making this up in my head (since I haven't had a chance to go back and re-watch to confirm), but I seem to recall that we saw a picture of Jack on display at the funeral scene. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

:offtopic:

I remember that episode-they were "sleep training" the baby by letting her cry it out at longer and longer intervals. I remember because at the end Paul says something like "we did it-she's asleep". and Jaime says something about how they broke her (baby's) heart. I was a new mom then too and I could never have let my baby wail it out. BUT I have been lucky to have great sleepers (youngest used to put himself down for naps when he got tired!)

Come back after 18 months of little and/or terrible sleep and maybe I'd be prepared to accept your ideas about Ferberizing your baby. It's kind of easy to answer it as if you love your child so much you could never do such a thing when you admit you didn't have much of a hurdle to climb. I actually knew someone who attempted to shame my parenting/love for my child because we Ferberized at 18 months. She approached me several years later after her own walk through the burning ring of fire to let me know what fresh hell it was after her own time served.

Yes, he came down the stairs with his suitcase and said, "I called Mi
I could be WAY off, or even making this up in my head (since I haven't had a chance to go back and re-watch to confirm), but I seem to recall that we saw a picture of Jack on display at the funeral scene. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
I remember seeing his pic as well.

I'm going to need to go back to watch, but I'm reasonably sure that it was pretty clear and that it was confirmed by cast/writers that it was Jack's funeral.

And, yes, to the poster above, there was a photo of Jack at the funeral.

I wonder when Jack mention Miguel was fine with it. I wondering if before Jack passed away. If he asked Miquel to watch over Rebecca and the kids and that what was about

I came upon the Show On Demand and literally watched all 18 episodes over several days
HOOKED! the cast is So talented!
I'm in for the long haul. I just read that it was moved to Tuesday's, after one of those "music" shows...
Can't wait!

Totally random, but for those who have seen Guardians of the Galaxy 2.....the actor who plays Toby (Chris Sullivan) is Taser Face. I didn't even recognize him in the movie!

I came upon the Show On Demand and literally watched all 18 episodes over several days
HOOKED! the cast is So talented!
I'm in for the long haul. I just read that it was moved to Tuesday's, after one of those "music" shows...
Can't wait!
Actually it started on Tuesday after the Voice, it's moving to Thursday as part of the new 'must see TV" lineup.

Actually it started on Tuesday after the Voice, it's moving to Thursday as part of the new 'must see TV" lineup.

Actually, they announced that it was moving to Thursdays...and then, a few hours later, announced that it would be staying on Tuesdays. Here's the logic: (going from memory after reading a WSJ article on the subject)

NBC is re-instituting their "Must See TV" slogan.
Thursdays are generally considered a good TV night--great time to advertise weekend activities, such as new movies.
However, NBC has Thursday Night Football, which would preempt regular programming for 5 weeks. In addition, the regular programming would be up against TNF on CBS an additional 5 weeks.
So, they decided to stick with Tuesdays. Not sure why nobody pointed all this out to them, months in advance, but whatever. I'd rather see them stick with one night, any night, although in this day and age of DVR-ing, it's a lot easier to catch a show that you might have missed due to moving/preemption. I know over on CBS, you never know when an episode of Big Bang Theory is going to pop up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter