This is us..

SPOILERS

Yep..it was revealed near the end of the episode when the dad is looking at his babies in the hospital nursery.
It was revealed with the babies at home in the 3 cradles in the crazy knitted matching outfits his Mom had made.

Should have known something was up when they were delivering naturally instead of a C-section but like Kimblebee, it wasn't until the smoking scene that I understood. :goodvibes

Yep, me, too. I was like, How in the world is she not having a c-section? Great show, I loved it so much I immediately texted dd and told her to watch it. She loved it, too.

I loved it! I didn't have it set up to record because I thought the previews looked stupid. So glad I caught it. I know someone posted that it is online now. The pilot is also airing again on Saturday at 10pm.

And yes, the cigarette. I was like what??? Ohhhhh!

It is just a tv show , plus if all that happened the ending wouldn't have been a surprised to most of us.

I really didn't like the brother's scenes much. The whole Manny thing with Alan Thicke and his first scene with the two girls. But he was so nice with his sister.

Wasn't sure what to expect in the previews we know she lost a triplet and their birthday's connected them. Hope this one sticks around.
:rotfl2:I actually cheered out loud when he went on the crazy rant about how vapid sitcoms are. Awesome!!
Randall didn't have a beard, That was Jack. Jack is the dad of Kevin, Kate, passed away baby #3, and Randall. Kevin, Kate, and Randall all share the same exact birthday and Jack shares the same day as his three children but of course different year. Rebecca is mom of Kevin, Kate, passed away baby #3 and Randall. William is Randall's bio-dad who left him at the firehouse. Jack and Rebeca's story line is happening in the 1980 where as Randall, Kate, and Kevin start in 2016.
That spoiler button thing is just way too cool :disrocks: explain how to do it again please (talk to me like I'm 5).

:rotfl2:I actually cheered out loud when he went on the crazy rant about how vapid sitcoms are. Awesome!!

That spoiler button thing is just way too cool :disrocks: explain how to do it again please (talk to me like I'm 5).

The easiest way is to click the button that looks like highlighted text then choose spoiler. Type between the two brackets like this ]blahblahvlah[ and you are good to go.

If you can't find the button then remove the spaces from this [ SPOILER="Title here" ] write whatever you want to spoil here. [ /SPOILER ]

I just watched, and thought it was brilliant!! I've set my DVR to keep recording it.

The easiest way is to click the button that looks like highlighted text then choose spoiler. Type between the two brackets like this ]blahblahvlah[ and you are good to go.

If you can't find the button then remove the spaces from this [ SPOILER="Title here" ] write whatever you want to spoil here. [ /SPOILER ]
Where is this magical button - I want the button...

I loved it! I didn't have it set up to record because I thought the previews looked stupid. So glad I caught it. I know someone posted that it is online now. The pilot is also airing again on Saturday at 10pm.

And yes, the cigarette. I was like what??? Ohhhhh!

Perfect, thank you so much LisaR.
After reading all these comments I really want to watch this show.

I thought it was a cool concept when they revealed it was all their bdays, and then they were all 36. Then the ending when you saw all the connections, it reminded me of a show I liked that didn't last long, with the girl that later became Julia on Parenthood. I think it was called 6 Degrees, with people that ended up being connected in surprising ways. I hope it will continue to be good - I am missing good "dramadeys" like Parenthood, and have lost Castle:sad: and NCIS w/o Tony remains to be seen(and hasn't been quite the same since Ziva), so have been looking forward to this since previews, and it didn't disappoint!

DBFF and I said last night that this could be our new Parenthood...

That's exactly what DH and I said!

Oddly enough it wasn't the cigarettes that made me realize what era it was - it was the shirt the guy in the background was wearing.

It's also on Hulu.

Last edited:
This is our new favorite show. LOVE it! We plan to watch the pilot again before the next episode because it was just that good. This is right up there with Friday Night Lights, Parenthood, and Gilmore Girls for me. I really hope it stays around.

I almost didn't watch it but so glad I did! My first clue was when they were discussing the risks and the dad says, *edit-rewatched, not what he said* I thought, why the heck would they do that, that's so archaic, why wouldn't they do a C-section? Still, I didn't catch on until the firefighter said, "I don't, it was the weirdest thing..." I have to say I got attached to all the characters right away. Went right to DD's room and told her she HAD to watch it.

For the poster who said it was unrealistic for multiples, I have twins, DH's father is a twin, his brother has twins, I have three friends who have twins and one who has triplets. Of those only one was ever on bed rest (not the triplet mom) and half were natural child birth. Having multiples does not always mean high risk, bed rest and C-section.

Last edited:
I also loved when Randall yelled at his dad and said SCR## YOU! and stormed out. Then he pokes his head back in and says, "Do you want to meet your grandchildren?"

Thinking back, there were clues about them being in the 70's. One of the first shots was a cardboard box. Written on the box was "Family photos 1975-1979."

That's exactly what DH and I said!

Oddly enough it wasn't the cigarettes that made me realize what era it was - it was the shirt the guy in the background was wearing.

It's also on Hulu.
You see cigarette before any background people and their clothes
THe cigarette tells you this was long ago

Last edited:
I almost didn't watch it but so glad I did! My first clue was when they were discussing the risks and the dad says, *edit-rewatched, not what he said* I thought, why the heck would they do that, that's so archaic, why wouldn't they do a C-section? Still, I didn't catch on until the firefighter said, "I don't, it was the weirdest thing..." I have to say I got attached to all the characters right away. Went right to DD's room and told her she HAD to watch it.

For the poster who said it was unrealistic for multiples, I have twins, DH's father is a twin, his brother has twins, I have three friends who have twins and one who has triplets. Of those only one was ever on bed rest (not the triplet mom) and half were natural child birth. Having multiples does not always mean high risk, bed rest and C-section.
I have twins, have tons of friends with twins, 2 friends with triplets. This was supposed to take place in 1980, not 1960. It just seemed so unrealistic. A triplet pregnancy was considered more high risk than it is now.

I had to have a c/s after 36 weeks due to pre-eclampsia, and was scheduled for a c/s at 38 weeks because baby b was breech. However, if we went the natural route, I would have delivered in the OR with an epidural in place, just in case. There were to OB's in the OR, lots of nurses, and two pediatricians. 36 years ago, a triplet birth would be like quintuplets today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter