This is Us- Season four

That was my thought as well.

I wasn't a fan of the episode in general. But then I'm not a fan of Rebecca's story line. I don't think they're doing a good job of aging Mandy Moore, and when you couple that with the early onset dementia story line, I just have a hard time buying it.

I don't like Rebeccas story line either. It is so depressing. I do think they are doing a good job of it though if they are going to do a dementia story line. I also think Mandy's aging is awful. I wish they hired another actress to play "older Rebecca."

I have to agree about the aging of Rebecca, it's not done well. The older Rebecca looks like she should be in her 50's, when I'm guessing she is suppose to be in her late 60's/early 70's. They were able to age Miguel, not sure how old he is in real life though. Mandy Moore is very young, maybe that's why it's hard for them to age her.

I have to agree about the aging of Rebecca, it's not done well. The older Rebecca looks like she should be in her 50's, when I'm guessing she is suppose to be in her late 60's/early 70's. They were able to age Miguel, not sure how old he is in real life though. Mandy Moore is very young, maybe that's why it's hard for them to age her.

I think that is part of it. She just looks strange to me. I remember a while ago I read that the producers were so pleased with how they were able to age Rebecca. I guess in the beginning they were trying to decide whether to "age" Mandy or hire another actress. They were supposedly so pleased they decided to use Mandy for both young and old Rebecca.

I’m so frustrated by this show! I am so close to giving up on TIU, but I really love the characters! I hope Randall is okay. I love him.

Last edited:

I love this show, DH and I finally caught up this weekend. This may be a crazy thought....but does anyone think Kevin's pregnant fiance might be Madison, Kate support group friend?

I love this show, DH and I finally caught up this weekend. This may be a crazy thought....but does anyone think Kevin's pregnant fiance might be Madison, Kate support group friend?

I thought it was a possibility upthread :thumbsup2

She is the creator's wife. It has been said it is not her. Isn't Sophie pregnant in real life?

I checked and Alexandra Breckenridge isn't pregnant currently. Maybe she was the last time we saw her, that's what made me think of it. LOL

I checked and Alexandra Breckenridge isn't pregnant currently. Maybe she was the last time we saw her, that's what made me think of it. LOL
She's currently working on another show, I think, though---something for Netflix. I forget the name. So that could possibly cause difficulties working her back into this show on a permanent basis.

I have a lot of real-life stress in my home at the moment and this episode was too much for me. I only half-watched it. It was making me too anxious.

I watched the very beginning to see what happened with the intruder. Then when the scene came on with a younger Rebecca out in a garden that looked like it was going to be a creepy nightmare, I changed the channel and didn’t watch the rest. I can’t watch anything scary that late at night. I’ll read spoilers for that episode and pass on it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter