This is Us- Season four

I did not like this episode. I absolutely love Sterling and think he did a phenomenal job, as usual, but I just didn't like the story line. Basically a history of Randall and his anxiety and how it progressed and manifested throughout the years from when he was a toddler to current time. I didn't like the dream like sequences. I just can't put my finger on it, but this episode was kind of "meh" for me.

One thing I found interesting was when Jack had a talk with toddler Randall about how he needed Randall to be a "good boy" because Kate and Kevin were so high maintenance and he was counting on Randall to be the dependable child. That may have put pressure on Randall at a young age. My heart broke for Randall at the end. Sterling is so amazing, he just knocks it out of the park every week.

The one moment that made me laugh was when Jack said, " Ah Kevin you scared me. Please don't say red-rum."

I wonder what happened to Kate.

I did not like this episode. I absolutely love Sterling and think he did a phenomenal job, as usual, but I just didn't like the story line. Basically a history of Randall and his anxiety and how it progressed and manifested throughout the years from when he was a toddler to current time. I didn't like the dream like sequences. I just can't put my finger on it, but this episode was kind of "meh" for me.

One thing I found interesting was when Jack had a talk with toddler Randall about how he needed Randall to be a "good boy" because Kate and Kevin were so high maintenance and he was counting on Randall to be the dependable child. That may have put pressure on Randall at a young age. My heart broke for Randall at the end. Sterling is so amazing, he just knocks it out of the park every week.

The one moment that made me laugh was when Jack said, " Ah Kevin you scared me. Please don't say red-rum."

I wonder what happened to Kate.
My guess is her piece of crap boyfriend beat her up or raped her.

I never saw any indication of a prescription or that he had pills at any time.

When he went to bed after getting his cast I wondered if they were going to throw that in, too. He reached for his phone, though. I rolled my eyes for a second thinking he was reaching for pills.

When he went to bed after getting his cast I wondered if they were going to throw that in, too. He reached for his phone, though. I rolled my eyes for a second thinking he was reaching for pills.
I was telling Beth to "take his phone!" when she left the room. lol Whenever DH rests during the day, I always take his phone out of the room so he can actually rest and isn't disturbed by it.

Randall needs to turn off the notification sound for the security system. We have cameras outside and I have chosen to see the banner notification but no noise notification. I'm glad Beth at least mentioned it to him.

Do we know for sure the intruder went upstairs? To me it did look like Randall caught him after just coming in. The whole intruder coming into their bedrooms and no one waking up is so creepy and scary to think about. I just wonder if their jewelry will turn up, maybe one of the girls took it for some reason.

When they showed just the hair of the women in Kevin's bed, it did look blonde, so that should rule out hall pass girl.

Do we know for sure the intruder went upstairs? To me it did look like Randall caught him after just coming in. The whole intruder coming into their bedrooms and no one waking up is so creepy and scary to think about. I just wonder if their jewelry will turn up, maybe one of the girls took it for some reason.

When they showed just the hair of the women in Kevin's bed, it did look blonde, so that should rule out hall pass girl.
It was Sophie. They showed them leaving the funeral together in the preview for next week.

I watched the very beginning to see what happened with the intruder. Then when the scene came on with a younger Rebecca out in a garden that looked like it was going to be a creepy nightmare, I changed the channel and didn’t watch the rest. I can’t watch anything scary that late at night. I’ll read spoilers for that episode and pass on it

It was not really scary. I can't do scary either and this did not bother me. If is Randell dreaming and all it really shows is him screaming because he can't get to her. There are a few other scenes with this scenario but never shows anything happening.

She's currently working on another show, I think, though---something for Netflix. I forget the name. So that could possibly cause difficulties working her back into this show on a permanent basis.
She is Mel in the Robyn Carr Virgin River book series that just premiered on Netflix before Christmas. I believe they just finished up filming for Season 2, so she has been a very busy actress!

I actually enjoyed this week's episode. It was definitely intense, but in a powerful way. I'm wondering if those earrings may turn up somewhere else, like one of the girls borrowed them, and he can relax a bit.

Kate's episode in this arc will probably be rough to watch. Obviously something is going to happen with/because of the boyfriend. Either he abuses her, or she self harms and/or attempts suicide because of the mental &emotional abuse he's clearly laying on her.

I think they definitely want us to think it's Sophie, and maybe it is. I have a feeling Kevin's episode is going to be the draggy one in this arc. I'm a little bored with his relationship woes.

I liked this episode better than last week (because I didn't like not know what was going to happen with the intruder, and I sad for Kevin last week.)

I do hope it's Sophie.

My first thought with the earrings was that they were going to think the intruder had taken them, but one of the girls had just borrowed them. But then the cuff links were missing as well, and blew that theory. - I hope one of them isn't into drugs.

One thing I found interesting was when Jack had a talk with toddler Randall about how he needed Randall to be a "good boy" because Kate and Kevin were so high maintenance and he was counting on Randall to be the dependable child.

That bothered me as well. The kid does not need more pressure on him!

Loved last nights episode - darker than usual but life can be, as well. Sterling is an AH-mazing actor. I did get cranky when Malik's dad couldn't get through to him, however.

This episode was just meh for me. I don’t like centric episodes..unless it’s Kevin, obviously.

It was Sophie. They showed them leaving the funeral together in the preview for next week.

one doesn’t necessarily mean the other.

I've like all the episodes so far. I think that Jack telling him that he needs to be the 'good one' at such a young age really did affect him, even if he doesn't remember it. I felt so bad for him, and this was a tense episode. I'm trusting the writers to bring us through.

I think the boyfriend did something to Kate, and I am also hoping that it is Sophie for Kevin.

This wasn't one of my favorite episodes. I was very frustrated with Randall for refusing various suggestions during his life that he talk to a professional about his issues.

I did ugly cry at the very end when he called Kevin and said "I'm not okay."

I'm very interested to see the progression of how they get from Kevin being Randall's rock in January to them not speaking in September by the 40th birthday episode.

Sorry to hijack a bit, but there isn't a New Amsterdam thread. I just finished Tuesday’s episode. I wish I had watched right after This Is Us as NBC scheduled. It may have been one if the best episodes in New Amsterdam‘s 2 seasons. It gave me all the feels with showed personal growth and some small plot line closures for several main characters. 🤞we get such an episode soon from This Is Us.

Sorry to hijack a bit, but there isn't a New Amsterdam thread. I just finished Tuesday’s episode. I wish I had watched right after This Is Us as NBC scheduled. It may have been one if the best episodes in New Amsterdam‘s 2 seasons. It gave me all the feels with showed personal growth and some small plot line closures for several main characters. 🤞we get such an episode soon from This Is Us.

I love New Amsterdam and just watched that episode as well! And I was thinking the same thing - we need a thread.

he met someone! I know it's too early for romance. But he needs a friend in the same place in life he is. I hope we see more of her.

I love New Amsterdam and just watched that episode as well! And I was thinking the same thing - we need a thread.

he met someone! I know it's too early for romance. But he needs a friend in the same place in life he is. I hope we see more of her.
Agree with your spoiler:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter