This is Us- Season four

Sorry to hijack a bit, but there isn't a New Amsterdam thread. I just finished Tuesday’s episode. I wish I had watched right after This Is Us as NBC scheduled. It may have been one if the best episodes in New Amsterdam‘s 2 seasons. It gave me all the feels with showed personal growth and some small plot line closures for several main characters. 🤞we get such an episode soon from This Is Us.

I love New Amsterdam, but I haven't had a chance to watch the episode yet. Now, I'm even more eager to watch.

Another amazing performance by Sterling in this episode! It does seem that Jack telling him to be strong and not "high maintenance" like Kate and Kevin may have had a serious long term impact on him and his unwillingness to go to a professional for help with his anxiety. At the end when they meshed the scenes of him on the phone with Kevin and him as a little boy going back into his room after the talk from Jack - I thought for sure they would show Kevin being the one to comfort him at that young age and tie it in with him comforting Randall over the phone in present day time. I was surprised they didn't do that and think the episode would have actually been better if they had.

Anyway, a good, but not great, episode I think. Kind of dreading seeing Kate's episode.

At the end when they meshed the scenes of him on the phone with Kevin and him as a little boy going back into his room after the talk from Jack - I thought for sure they would show Kevin being the one to comfort him at that young age and tie it in with him comforting Randall over the phone in present day time
I don't think that a young Kevin comforting Randall would have happened. My impression for them at that time is that Kevin was a little jealous of Randall and not close to him. It wasn't until they were older and Kevin matured that he started being there for Randall.

Another amazing performance by Sterling in this episode! It does seem that Jack telling him to be strong and not "high maintenance" like Kate and Kevin may have had a serious long term impact on him and his unwillingness to go to a professional for help with his anxiety. At the end when they meshed the scenes of him on the phone with Kevin and him as a little boy going back into his room after the talk from Jack - I thought for sure they would show Kevin being the one to comfort him at that young age and tie it in with him comforting Randall over the phone in present day time. I was surprised they didn't do that and think the episode would have actually been better if they had.

Anyway, a good, but not great, episode I think. Kind of dreading seeing Kate's episode.
Yes, thought the same thing in regards to showing Kevin comforting Randal...I'm really surprised they didn't take that approach.

I don't think that a young Kevin comforting Randall would have happened. My impression for them at that time is that Kevin was a little jealous of Randall and not close to him. It wasn't until they were older and Kevin matured that he started being there for Randall.
I don't know they were pretty young. I totally see the jealousy later like 8/9, but I guess as toddlers I just don't imagine it.

I thought for sure they would show Kevin being the one to comfort him at that young age and tie it in with him comforting Randall over the phone in present day time. I was surprised they didn't do that and think the episode would have actually been better if they had.

It would have been so cute it they had showed them snuggling into one of the beds together.

I am starting to wish the show was still on a break. I need a lighter, happier episode, and it looks like that's not happening anytime soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter