• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This doesn’t sound good (EMH going away?)

Yeah I did see that. Right now it says internal calendar. The official calendar on their website is not actually up yet.

Strange for them to do it only for October when the parties have been existing in that time period before.
There are Christmas parties in Nov so I’m not sure it’s related. I think it has to do with SWGE & the fact that Oct is packed now. So turns out it’s not b/c ppl pay for DAH.

There are Christmas parties in Nov so I’m not sure it’s related. I think it has to do with SWGE & the fact that Oct is packed now. So turns out it’s not b/c ppl pay for DAH.
It is also entirely possible that someone has rented out the parks on the applicable nights in Octover. Or other nights for in other things to change around

lol figures you'd come up with that rationale :P

None of us know the reasoning though we can all talk out loud possible reasons (the entire point of the thread for sure).

I do maintain my earlier sentiments; it was never just about EMH hours not being on the calendar for October for me at least. The more people opt to pay for DAH (and events like it such as EMM, MNSSHP, MVMCP) the more events they will have over the year impacting the average guest more and the less they are incentivized to have longer hours and EMH. I know you don't feel the same on DAH though which is totally fine :-) YMMV. With that said for you and I on the topic we'll agree to disagree :D

l
I do maintain my earlier sentiments; it was never just about EMH hours not being on the calendar for October for me at least. The more people opt to pay for DAH (and events like it such as EMM, MNSSHP, MVMCP) the more events they will have over the year impacting the average guest more and the less they are incentivized to have longer hours and EMH. I know you don't feel the same on DAH though which is totally fine :-) YMMV. With that said for you and I on the topic we'll agree to disagree :D

I keep seeing this "average guest" mentioned. Just want to broach the subject. Could it be that the "average guest" is a changing? pirate:

I keep seeing this "average guest" mentioned. Just want to broach the subject. Could it be that the "average guest" is a changing? pirate:
Well if you're asking me I'm not sure I ever explained what I mean by average guest.

I mean anyone who goes to the park during normal operating hours. That may not be what others mean at all. That's just what I mean.

If you've switched to exclusively going only during EMM (leaving when the park opens and not coming back in), DAH (not entering early), MVMCP (not entering early), and MNSSHP (not entering early) I wouldn't consider you the average guest and I would think you'd be very much in the minority.

Those who opt to enter in early can still be impacted by the very event they purchased tickets for because Disney can remove that ability to enter early, can reduce the amount of time you can enter early, remove the ability to obtain FP unless you also have park admission for the day (and I know FP has gone back and forth on allowed not allowed system-wise), etc. Those who opt to go to both normal operating hours and an event on a different day can also be impacted by the very event they purchased tickets for in terms of operating hours and days the events are held. Vicious circle if you will.

Now the individuals above may not be as impacted or their feelings not as strong depending on their outlook in comparison to people who don't opt to purchase the event tickets.

Now for EMH you'd be considered the average guest too under my thoughtprocess if you entered the parks during normal operating hours because if EMM or DAH expands you'd be impacted as well in terms of less reasons for Disney to add those hours under EMH and less opportunities for EMH. Same goes for the average guest under my thoughtprocess who would have the opportunity for just longer normal operating hours.

To me it implies (or has been explicitly said) that the guests who pay for them are wealthy. But, likely, if you’re going to WDW at all, you have a certain amount of disposable income to spend & some ppl find value in those extras. A perfect example of this is the discussion of paid FPs. My nephew & his wife are traveling with us this July. They are by no means wealthy. At best, they’re the low end of middle class. They’re staying value & making things as cheap as possible for them. However, I told him about the rumor about paid FPs & he thought it would be worth it at a certain price point to not have to deal with the hassle of the tiers. Some ppl are willing to pay for added conveniences & will sacrifice other parts of their trip for it. It’s just a difference of what ppl prefer.

Well if you're asking me I'm not sure I ever explained what I mean by average guest.

I mean anyone who goes to the park during normal operating hours. That may not be what others mean at all. That's just what I mean.

If you've switched to exclusively going only during EMM (leaving when the park opens and not coming back in), DAH (not entering early), MVMCP (not entering early), and MNSSHP (not entering early) I wouldn't consider you the average guest and I would think you'd be very much in the minority.

Those who opt to enter in early can still be impacted by the very event they purchased tickets for because Disney can remove that ability to enter early, can reduce the amount of time you can enter early, remove the ability to obtain FP unless you also have park admission for the day (and I know FP has gone back and forth on allowed not allowed system-wise), etc. Those who opt to go to both normal operating hours and an event on a different day can also be impacted by the very event they purchased tickets for in terms of operating hours and days the events are held. Vicious circle if you will.

Now the individuals above may not be as impacted or their feelings not as strong depending on their outlook in comparison to people who don't opt to purchase the event tickets.

Now for EMH you'd be considered the average guest too under my thoughtprocess if you entered the parks during normal operating hours because if EMM or DAH expands you'd be impacted as well in terms of less reasons for Disney to add those hours under EMH and less opportunities for EMH. Same goes for the average guest under my thoughtprocess who would have the opportunity for just longer normal operating hours.

I just think in the years past, the average visitor was different than the average visitor now. I think the average visitor now shows up with so much more knowledge because of things like the internet, social media, etc. I think the average visitor years ago just showed up and took it all in. Today's shows up with "a plan" tailor made for them whether it be through research, TA's or years of trial and error. For the most part, I hope the average visitor is much more involved pre-trip to make the actual trip the most it can be for the funds they have.

I just think in the years past, the average visitor was different than the average visitor now. I think the average visitor now shows up with so much more knowledge because of things like the internet, social media, etc. I think the average visitor years ago just showed up and took it all in. Today's shows up with "a plan" tailor made for them whether it be through research, TA's or years of trial and error. For the most part, I hope the average visitor is much more involved pre-trip to make the actual trip the most it can be for the funds they have.
Apologies but I don't see the connection in what I advised I considered/meant was an average guest and your discussion on knowledge.

Not that I don't disagree with you regarding the olden days of show up and you're golden and the evolution of knowledge. I just don't know how that works into the conversation of paid events.

Apologies but I don't see the connection in what I advised I considered/meant was an average guest and your discussion on knowledge.

Not that I don't disagree with you regarding the olden days of show up and you're golden and the evolution of knowledge. I just don't know how that works into the conversation of paid events.

Because I think it isn't just the "money loaded" people doing these things now. People on here are all the time saying it is. I think people are informed enough now that they do indeed like some of the paid events, see the value and are making what they feel is a sound choice for them. In other words, I see the average guest being part of the "problem" as many put it with the paid events when they didn't use to be. In other words I think the average guest has indeed changed.

Because I think it isn't just the "money loaded" people doing these things now. People on here are all the time saying it is. I think people are informed enough now that they do indeed like some of the paid events, see the value and are making what they feel is a sound choice for them. In other words, I see the average guest being part of the "problem" as many put it with the paid events when they didn't use to be. In other words I think the average guest has indeed changed.
Ah ok I see. Yeah I don't define the non-average guest as money loaded. I view things differently. As for part of the problem yeah that's why I phrased it as vicious cycle. I see your viewpoint on what you mean by changed though.

Sept now has 2 sets on EMH on some days (AM & PM) in MK. There is no reason not to believe it won’t be like that in Oct. It’s likely it’s in response to SWGE so they aren't finished making the changes.

Right now there’s every reason to believe there’s no PM EMH in MK in October because there aren’t any on the schedule that’s already out.

Ok then keep freaking out if you prefer.
Can you be a little nicer please? You keep coming back to gloat or something.

No PM EMH can still be an issue for folks even if AM has been added. As far as I know this thread was related initially to PM EMH not being on the schedule for MK for October and beyond; even if it changes it doesn't negate the majority of what people have been talking about on this thread. People don't have to be "freaking out" to actually discuss things too :)

Can you be a little nicer please? You keep coming back to gloat or something.

No PM EMH can still be an issue for folks even if AM has been added. As far as I know this thread was related initially to PM EMH not being on the schedule for MK for October and beyond; even if it changes it doesn't negate the majority of what people have been talking about on this thread. People don't have to be "freaking out" to actually discuss things too :)
I came to post that there has been extra added to sept so it will likely be added for oct & beyond. It seems they’re increasing hours everywhere with SWGE. I didn’t say anyone specifically was freaking out, but there is often a lot of doom & gloom on these board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter