This doesn’t sound good (EMH going away?)

I think it’s awesome they added all those morning emh. 6am should mean it’s low crowds. However, for us night owls from the west coast, fewer evening hours are a huge bummer, whether it’s the loss of evening emh or early closing for a party.

Our first trip was in December. I have only planned spring trips since then because I hate what the parties do to MK in the evenings. If the parties are in such high demand and are crowded, the solution seems to me to be to raise the cost and lower the number of tickets available. However, guests have voted for with their pocketbooks. As long as people will buy tickets for crowded parties, why would Disney stop?

Honestly if Disney cut evening emh altogether and parks just all closed at 9, I don’t know if I’d plan another wdw trip ever. I’m not in the same position as many since I live 20 minutes from Disneyland, but I wouldn’t bother spending $6-8k on a trip to Wdw if there were no park hours outside of special events after 9 pm.

If I were to get up that early to see SW, I might be so groggy that I won't remember much. We are so not morning people and getting up at 4 am our time is a no go. Kudos to those who will enjoy this though.

So I guess it still remains to be seen as to whether Evening EMH at MK are coming back for November & beyond. Other than a few rumblings I haven’t seen anything official. Definitely staying tuned...

FWIW, since we just hit 180 days out from Wednesday, 11/6, I see the Disney park calendar shows MK PM EMHs that day. That would seem to be a sign the MK PM EMH rotation may be returning to normal after the October hiatus. (I know this was earlier reported by various bloggers, but good to see it actually live on the calendar)

FWIW, since we just hit 180 days out from Wednesday, 11/6, I see the Disney park calendar shows MK PM EMHs that day.

source.gif

How often do the park hours update? Like, what is the latest they will update or modify a Saturday closing time from 9pm to 11pm (for example). How seriously should September/October hours be taken?

How often do the park hours update? Like, what is the latest they will update or modify a Saturday closing time from 9pm to 11pm (for example). How seriously should September/October hours be taken?

They've been updating hours the 2nd Friday of the month before. So for example they updated June hours today.

I think it’s awesome they added all those morning emh. 6am should mean it’s low crowds. However, for us night owls from the west coast, fewer evening hours are a huge bummer, whether it’s the loss of evening emh or early closing for a party.

Our first trip was in December. I have only planned spring trips since then because I hate what the parties do to MK in the evenings. If the parties are in such high demand and are crowded, the solution seems to me to be to raise the cost and lower the number of tickets available. However, guests have voted for with their pocketbooks. As long as people will buy tickets for crowded parties, why would Disney stop?

Honestly if Disney cut evening emh altogether and parks just all closed at 9, I don’t know if I’d plan another wdw trip ever. I’m not in the same position as many since I live 20 minutes from Disneyland, but I wouldn’t bother spending $6-8k on a trip to Wdw if there were no park hours outside of special events after 9 pm.
We are right there with you on this one.....there really needs to be more evening EMH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter