This doesn’t sound good (EMH going away?)

Those MK nights that close at 6, are they all for parties? Either the villian after hours or MNSSHP? That's the bad part of going in a party season.

I believe 4 are parties and 1 is for an unknown reason (last time I checked). A teeny tiny (naive) part of me is still hopeful hours get extended on that one day it’s 9 PM.

Those MK nights that close at 6, are they all for parties? Either the villian after hours or MNSSHP? That's the bad part of going in a party season.
Right & ppl complained the parties were too crowded so they added parties. Disney can’t win.

That was very kind of them to add parties solely for guest benefit.

Are we maybe not complaining loud enough about crowds in general, prices, and park hours? :ssst:
Of course they profit from them, but ppl like the parties. I know ppl who go during those times just for the parties. We liked the parties when we could attend them (DS too young now). Ppl are still paying for EMH in some capacity b/c it’s for onsite guests. Disney profits from all of it, of course.

Of course they profit from them, but ppl like the parties. I know ppl who go during those times just for the parties. We liked the parties when we could attend them (DS too young now). Ppl are still paying for EMH in some capacity b/c it’s for onsite guests. Disney profits from all of it, of course.

I’m just saying it’s not like people complained about crowds so they added parties for guest benefit and Disney just can’t win either way. People are willing to pay for the parties so they added parties.

Am I incorrect in thinking that the parties are still much more crowded than they used to be, there’s just more of them?

I’m just saying it’s not like people complained about crowds so they added parties for guest benefit and Disney just can’t win either way. People are willing to pay for the parties so they added parties.

Am I incorrect in thinking that the parties are still much more crowded than they used to be, there’s just more of them?

I agree with you. Disney didn’t add the parties to “help out” the guests or because anyone was complaining. They did it because obviously they could sell the tickets for it. And in doing so, Disney always “wins”.

In the past, when it was a crowded time (as it probably will be for months after Star Wars opens), they added regular park hours at night. They have made it so they can’t add the hours because of all the parties so they add hours in the morning. For some this is good news. For others not so much. And I completely understand your frustration. And the added frustration of being told “well it’s your fault for going during this month”.

I agree with you. Disney didn’t add the parties to “help out” the guests or because anyone was complaining. They did it because obviously they could sell the tickets for it. And in doing so, Disney always “wins”.

In the past, when it was a crowded time (as it probably will be for months after Star Wars opens), they added regular park hours at night. They have made it so they can’t add the hours because of all the parties so they add hours in the morning. For some this is good news. For others not so much. And I completely understand your frustration. And the added frustration of being told “well it’s your fault for going during this month”.

When booking October I anticipated at worst 4 nights of party closures, and a little better than 9 PM one of the other two nights so that we could have some options when planning and some wiggle room for bad weather.

For whatever reason, our particular week has even less MK time than normal (unless we pay for it, of course). I’m glad that for whatever reason our favourite park and plans for it (Epcot) seems to be coming out of this somewhat untouched. Knock on wood lol.

Yea tough to plan for some. We are all adults so its an easier call.

I look at this as a "no planning necessary" situation.

Meaning SWGE isn't FP anyway, so no matter what park your planning for the day-you can kick start any day of the week at EMH DHS "IF" part or all of your party wants to go check it and TSL out.

I suspect there may be families (or parts of families) that start almost every day at DHS during these months, then move on to a different park later.

That's our plan anyway.
That may be our plan . not 6 am .. but maybe arrive at DHS early a FEW of the days . .like 7 . .or 8 .. see how SWGE is .. and if that doesn't work .. bail and try some things at Toy Story Land.. then hop to the park where we have our FPs for the day. And because of that early morning .. definitely go BACK to the resort for a break.

even getting to MK at 7:00 AM may be rough. As a family we don't need to to AK at 7:00 AM (as really the only thing you "need" to do at that park that early is FoP .. which we've done and my son was NOT ready for last time we tried (he bailed IN the theatre .. the pre-show was too "real" for him).

I guess the only reason they aren't doing EMH for Epcot is well .. there just isn't enough star attractions there to justify it I guess.

When booking October I anticipated at worst 4 nights of party closures, and a little better than 9 PM one of the other two nights so that we could have some options when planning and some wiggle room for bad weather.

For whatever reason, our particular week has even less MK time than normal (unless we pay for it, of course). I’m glad that for whatever reason our favourite park and plans for it (Epcot) seems to be coming out of this somewhat untouched. Knock on wood lol.
Haven’t they not been extending regular hours til close to lately? Isn’t there a chance regular hours could still be extended on non party nights?

The parties aren’t a surprise & this yr the schedule was out even earlier.

Haven’t they not been extending regular hours til close to lately? Isn’t there a chance regular hours could still be extended on non party nights?

She is saying that there is only one non party night. She thought it would be a couple at least.

The parties aren’t a surprise & this yr the schedule was out even earlier.

I didn’t say they were a surprise. It would be nice if there was at least a tentative schedule when bookings start but it is what it is.

Doesn’t make it less frustrating to keep having changes.

Just need to figure out how to handle this with my fall trip (either mid Sept or mid October).

Getting up to be at a park at 6am is not really an option with toddlers (and a wife who enjoys her sleep).

Do we try DHS sometime before 9 to see how it is and bail to another park if it looks too crowded?

I think we may just plan on going early as much as we can to all three parks and call it a day early in the afternoon for rest and pool time and get to bed early for the next morning.

Somehow my kids are always up early anyway. My plan of attack is to get up early, hit the parks early, leave by 11 AM for lunch and naps, swim in the afternoon and then if we aren't dead tired, maybe try to catch a nighttime firework show. I'm planning most of my time in the morning, and judging our nights by how the crowds look

The parties used to be something fun to do. The crowds were fairly limited and it was enjoyable to go. But, as with any business, you try to maximize profits from the masses, which is what you should do to increase the bottom line. So they added more parties, increased the number of tickets sold to each event, and basically maxed it out. In turn, some people ( I being in that minority) who used to go to the parties because the value for $ was there, stopped going. They will get their money from the masses who know no better and dont realize there is little to zero value in the parties. As a long time AP holder, that is what it becomes, value. And that value went down the tubes on parties. The saving grace is the masses also dont know how to use FP so even on the busiest days, its easy to refresh and enjoy what we want to enjoy and watch the masses continue to get in 2 hour long stand by lines because they dont know what they are doing. As for the after hours events and EMH. We have been to after hours at MK several times and will continue to do so until, like the parties, the value does not exist. MK is well worth it with the number of tickets sold currently being what they are. AK is ok but there isnt a ton of value due to limited attractions open and I prefer EMH mornings at AK anyway. Studios is worth it to a degree. Epcot would be worth it depending on what attractions they run. SO Im ok with zero EMH at night. The mornings are fun at AK and have benefit at all the parks. It really comes down to what is a value for the $ tot he individual and then working your plans around the new Disney schedules and waays of doing things. At this point the only thing that would dissuade us from going at our normal pace each year would be for refresh to not be viable or work as it currently does. If that were to change, we would rethink our trips and consider other locales for vacays. Until then, we dont complain a lot because we can find value in several ways. We dont have to be at rope drop to ride things if we dont want to be. We stay on property if it fits what we are doing and the deals are good, otherwise off property is fine and we have several go to off property resorts. The changes they make to EMH, parties, and FP will possibly change a lot of things for long time guests and AP holders depending on how things roll out.

Somehow my kids are always up early anyway. My plan of attack is to get up early, hit the parks early, leave by 11 AM for lunch and naps, swim in the afternoon and then if we aren't dead tired, maybe try to catch a nighttime firework show. I'm planning most of my time in the morning, and judging our nights by how the crowds look
There is getting up early and there is getting up well before dawn. :) (in the middle of a busy vacation).

To get to a 6 am park opening means getting to a bus around 5:30 .. which means getting up around 4:30 (or 5:00 if we just eat breakfast on the go). (Opening the park early means that breakfast eating in the park is actually an option for my family!)

Nothing really to plan until these start happening and we get the reports how they go .. like will they queue people to get into the land, etc.

My plan is to not even TRY to do the ride, (as my wife would have to wait potentially hours with my 2yo while my son and I wait) ... even with Rider Swap (if that will even be an option), I just dont want to be split up on a family vacation that long.

My plan is to just go in and experience the land, shops and food.

The parties used to be something fun to do. The crowds were fairly limited and it was enjoyable to go. But, as with any business, you try to maximize profits from the masses, which is what you should do to increase the bottom line. So they added more parties, increased the number of tickets sold to each event, and basically maxed it out. In turn, some people ( I being in that minority) who used to go to the parties because the value for $ was there, stopped going. They will get their money from the masses who know no better and dont realize there is little to zero value in the parties. As a long time AP holder, that is what it becomes, value. And that value went down the tubes on parties. The saving grace is the masses also dont know how to use FP so even on the busiest days, its easy to refresh and enjoy what we want to enjoy and watch the masses continue to get in 2 hour long stand by lines because they dont know what they are doing. As for the after hours events and EMH. We have been to after hours at MK several times and will continue to do so until, like the parties, the value does not exist. MK is well worth it with the number of tickets sold currently being what they are. AK is ok but there isnt a ton of value due to limited attractions open and I prefer EMH mornings at AK anyway. Studios is worth it to a degree. Epcot would be worth it depending on what attractions they run. SO Im ok with zero EMH at night. The mornings are fun at AK and have benefit at all the parks. It really comes down to what is a value for the $ tot he individual and then working your plans around the new Disney schedules and waays of doing things. At this point the only thing that would dissuade us from going at our normal pace each year would be for refresh to not be viable or work as it currently does. If that were to change, we would rethink our trips and consider other locales for vacays. Until then, we dont complain a lot because we can find value in several ways. We dont have to be at rope drop to ride things if we dont want to be. We stay on property if it fits what we are doing and the deals are good, otherwise off property is fine and we have several go to off property resorts. The changes they make to EMH, parties, and FP will possibly change a lot of things for long time guests and AP holders depending on how things roll out.
The parties no longer being of value is subjective. We enjoy the parade & the fireworks. We are not there for low wait times. I don’t do the Christmas party b/c I don’t enjoy the fireworks or parade as much. Those who still attend are not just the dumb masses who don’t know any better. Many still go b/c they still enjoy it.

The parties no longer being of value is subjective. We enjoy the parade & the fireworks. We are not there for low wait times. I don’t do the Christmas party b/c I don’t enjoy the fireworks or parade as much. Those who still attend are not just the dumb masses who don’t know any better. Many still go b/c they still enjoy it.
I personally never thought they had much value, it seemed like a money grab for something that should simply be included in the price of admission, especially the Christmas parties. But that is the Disneyland mentality where all of the Christmas festivities have been included with no parties. Halloween they have been doing parties, but there is the trick or treating and various unique entertainment options that aren't available any other way.

We use MVMCP in a different way than most. We avoid the parade and fireworks and focus on going on as many walk on rides as possible. It's nice to be able to ride some rides 2 or 3 times each. You can do this with pretty much everything except 7DMT.

However I would pick DAH over the MVMCP if it was available when we are there as it seems those are considerably less crowds. Were going Dec. 20th to Jan. 3rd so anything we can do to enjoy something with less crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter