things I wish Disney World hotels have

They have to be so loud because so many people are idiots. I saw one guy almost get his feet smushed, the ramp was beeping like crazy but he wasn't paying any attention to where he was putting his feel. I don't know how you can not hear that noise and look to see why that noise is occurring.
I saw a woman, on her phone, almost get knocked down by a ramp.

She then gave a a dirty look to the bus drive and to me because we interrupted her phone call.

Some people are clueless.

(Edited b/c post was in the wrong place). I think Disney hotels should have blankets on the beds, larger mini-fridges that are actually cold, thermostats guests can actually control, DND signs (goes without saying), bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion at every resort, later pool hours, resort mugs specific to the resort like in the old days, and more resort-specific stuff in the gift shops. I feel like there is less and less of that every time we go.

:thumbsup2

Non-expiring admission tickets !

Ahhh! i remember those! They were awesome!

Clocks! I hate that I now need to request a clock for a hotel room.

Yes!

I wish that I could actually call the front desk at Disney like other hotels. I hate having to go down to the front desk for a simple request- especially if you get there with a huge line! Just don't trust the call centers!

Agreed!

I'd love to have king sized pillows on king sized beds. And they don't need five or six of them. Two would do nicely

That would be lovely.

We would like:

Do not Disturb signs/ privacy
alarm clocks
blankets
complimentary bottled water in the room on arrival
DVC rooms to have two real beds instead of a sleeper sofa
free resort parking
rates more in line with what you pay in the real world
at least some rooms that are specified for not housing pets (allergy free) - at all resorts
two comfortable chairs
thermostats/ air conditioning that you can control yourself
connecting rooms that can be booked that way
phones that will connect you to somebody actually at the resort and able to help with a problem
comfortable mattresses

very much all the things that others have mentioned and we used to take for granted in a quality hotel

That would require three rooms in the unit. I can't see them ever doing it.

But the cabins have four real beds - with one queen and a set of bunks in the bedroom. They used to have the Murphy bed which is much closer to a real bed to me than the sofa bed that replaced it.

I’d love to see more family suites with this set up (4 sleeping in the bedroom). I couldn’t see staying in a family suite with my family of six when to put the kids to bed meant the rest of the unit is unavailable to us and I’m stuck in the bedroom drinking my end of the day glass of wine on my bed. I much preferred the cabins which enabled us to put the tired cranky kids to bed in the bedroom and Dh and I could relax in the living space (or even better on the deck).

I also preferred the Murphy bed to the sofa bed.

Last edited:
We would like:...
DVC rooms to have two real beds instead of a sleeper sofa

very much all the things that others have mentioned and we used to take for granted in a quality hotel
Those exist at OKW. That's the only studio we'll stay in. But if our son joins us in a one bedroom, he gets the sleeper sofa or sleeper chair. But we don't want two beds in the master bedroom; I need a king bed to share with my husband for our comfort.

I love the Disney hotels, from the All Stars to the Grand Floridian, and I've stayed at most of them. Here is what I wish they had:
1. Room selections for guests. One can pick his own room instead of having Disney pick it. (Disney can make only the lesser favored rooms available for public choosing such that people who don't want to bother picking are not at a disadvantage.)
2. Bus, boat, and monorail schedule and GPS locations on the MDE app.
3. The dining plan credits do not expire for say, 20 years. That way people have incentive to save up the extra credits for future trips when the kids are older and eat more, instead of buying a bunch of junk to bring home. Also give them an incentive to go back to WDW because they still have food there!
4. The DVC program includes a value version for the value hotels.

I would love to see transportation included in the app! (Why go wait for the bus if it’ll be 20 minutes? I could squeeze in some more park time!)

Instead of no expiration date on the dining credits, I think they should offer more flexibility on how they’re used. (Convert into diffferent types of credits, snacks to meals/meals to snacks, quick service to table service, etc.)

I also think they desperately need to upgrade their beds and bedding. At minimum, they should upgrade the deluxe resorts with better mattresses and higher quality bedding. Every trip I always contemplate packing my own bedding because I know I’ll have a hard time sleeping.

Those exist at OKW. That's the only studio we'll stay in. But if our son joins us in a one bedroom, he gets the sleeper sofa or sleeper chair. But we don't want two beds in the master bedroom; I need a king bed to share with my husband for our comfort.

Yes, Thank You, they do exist at OKW. I am aware and OKW is a great DVC resort. However, we like to stay at different resorts on our vacations to WDW.

I should have said that I would like this option extended to all DVC resorts. Also, at the Poly it would be nice to at least have regular one and two bedroom villas - not just studios and cabins (which do feature 2 real beds, but at a ridiculous price and size for so few 'real' sleeping surfaces). We are not ever interested in staying in one of those studios. Too much wasted space on a second (useless to us) bathroom, which doesn't even have the potentially useful second toilet!

Yes, Thank You, they do exist at OKW. I am aware and OKW is a great DVC resort. However, we like to stay at different resorts on our vacations to WDW.

I should have said that I would like this option extended to all DVC resorts. Also, at the Poly it would be nice to at least have regular one and two bedroom villas - not just studios and cabins (which do feature 2 real beds, but at a ridiculous price and size for so few 'real' sleeping surfaces). We are not ever interested in staying in one of those studios. Too much wasted space on a second (useless to us) bathroom, which doesn't even have the potentially useful second toilet!
It might be hard to put two queen beds in the studios for many of the studios because they are so much smaller than the OKW studio. I think with the Polynesian, they only had the three buildings and wanted to do them as cheaply as possible because they had to also pay for the lobby renovations and pool renovations with DVC monies.

It might be hard to put two queen beds in the studios for many of the studios because they are so much smaller than the OKW studio. I think with the Polynesian, they only had the three buildings and wanted to do them as cheaply as possible because they had to also pay for the lobby renovations and pool renovations with DVC monies.

yes, ultimately, all the decisions come down to reducing costs and increasing revenue. *Sigh*

But the point of DVC, is that it is a time share. Not a hotel.

Putting in two bed in every studio would make it a hotel room, with a microwave.

While not exactly a resort item....a long standing request of ours is to see more * quality* produce at WDW!

Once upon a time, many moons ago, the Florida Citrus industry promoted Florida oranges in the Magic Kingdom. You may have seen the recently revived Orange Bird character from this era. Sadly, the amazing quality fruit hasn't come back, and well, it would just be so amazing if it did. Why does WDW sell CALIFORNIA oranges year round? It is SO very wrong.

Just a few years ago, we traveled to south Florida, and found an array of fabulous Florida fruit stands that all served blow-your-mind quality tropical fruits. They sold us the best mangos we've ever tasted, and it wasn't even mango season. Around that time, Disney concurrently decided to go healthy, especially to kids.

So my fantasy dream has been to see a tropical fruit stand at WDW that features actual fresh Florida fruits in traditional and exotic varieties! I feel a little let down every time Disney World promotes a new dessert that turns out to be just sugary junk. The "Frozen" promotional cupcakes with a INCH of frosting made me especially sad. Really? REALLY? Kids need MORE sugar?

Call me crazy, but I'd find it amazing if Anna loved fresh mango instead!

Star Wars/Pandora tie-ins seem like the ideal way to introduce ALL WDW guests to fresh soursop, passion fruit, dragon fruit, and papaya! And what about the exotic fruits they grow in the Land? I'm still waiting for Epcot to open a jackfruit stand.

I'm sure there would be a few "Beverly" faces, but plenty of folks already love these flavors, and some of them even visit WDW.

Alas, Universal's Harry Potter also slightly missed the boat on this as well. Though HP at least sells Gilly Water and introduced a few semi-healthy British foods. I'm also happy to see the new Pandora Satuli bowls! Too bad they didn't also give us healthy drinks and fresh fruits to go with them.

But the point of DVC, is that it is a time share. Not a hotel.

Putting in two bed in every studio would make it a hotel room, with a microwave.
The non-DVC timeshare studios that we have stayed in only had one bed (a king) and only slept two person (and no one under the age of three). So two beds (ala OKW studios)don't necessarily make it a non-timeshare.

While not exactly a resort item....a long standing request of ours is to see more * quality* produce at WDW!

Once upon a time, many moons ago, the Florida Citrus industry promoted Florida oranges in the Magic Kingdom. You may have seen the recently revived Orange Bird character from this era. Sadly, the amazing quality fruit hasn't come back, and well, it would just be so amazing if it did. Why does WDW sell CALIFORNIA oranges year round? It is SO very wrong.

Just a few years ago, we traveled to south Florida, and found an array of fabulous Florida fruit stands that all served blow-your-mind quality tropical fruits. They sold us the best mangos we've ever tasted, and it wasn't even mango season. Around that time, Disney concurrently decided to go healthy, especially to kids.

So my fantasy dream has been to see a tropical fruit stand at WDW that features actual fresh Florida fruits in traditional and exotic varieties! I feel a little let down every time Disney World promotes a new dessert that turns out to be just sugary junk. The "Frozen" promotional cupcakes with a INCH of frosting made me especially sad. Really? REALLY? Kids need MORE sugar?

Call me crazy, but I'd find it amazing if Anna loved fresh mango instead!

Star Wars/Pandora tie-ins seem like the ideal way to introduce ALL WDW guests to fresh soursop, passion fruit, dragon fruit, and papaya! And what about the exotic fruits they grow in the Land? I'm still waiting for Epcot to open a jackfruit stand.

I'm sure there would be a few "Beverly" faces, but plenty of folks already love these flavors, and some of them even visit WDW.

Alas, Universal's Harry Potter also slightly missed the boat on this as well. Though HP at least sells Gilly Water and introduced a few semi-healthy British foods. I'm also happy to see the new Pandora Satuli bowls! Too bad they didn't also give us healthy drinks and fresh fruits to go with them.
We bought fresh pineapple at AK near the entrance to the safari. They had other fruits there, too.

Free parking ( we use DME). I understand paying for parking in a city or resort areas but Disney owns the land . In every hotel we have paid for parking so do day / dinning guest unless there is a x hour validation with a meal or meeting ( in which case most likely it was part of the meeting booking cost).

Alarm clocks in the rooms! I always like to see what time it is when I wake up in the middle of the night. (Whew! :) I can sleep for two more hours!) Really, whatever possessed WDW to remove them? I had no idea we could request one, though.

Decent coffee in the rooms. Please.

1) queuing systems at the resorts when waiting for buses. seems to create tension when people dont know if they ll get on and if people will cut lines
2) priority for resort guests at resort restaurants.
3) character greets at the resort. they do these in disney paris and its a great perk. cant imagine they would cost much to do
4) more refill stations for mugs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter