Things Disney Offers But Doesn't Advertise *Summary Added Oct 08*

Thanks for keeping this thread going.

I have made a list of all the things that we are going to look out for.

Some I remembered and some were new. I copied them to the Word Doc but will take some time and separate them by parks so there isn't so much info on a daily basis.

Just a little idea - years ago, DH and I were at DW for our honeymoon. We didn't say anything when we made our reservations. Our familes got together and sent us flowers. The next day we found an autographed picture of about 10 characters in our room (5 X 7) in a cardboard frame. Mickey Mouse had written Congratulations on it! It was a fun souvenir.

Thanks again to all you have posted.

I was told there is a store where if you are the first to ask if Tinkerbell is let out, you get to open the box and off she goes. Is this true? If it is, what store is it. I would love to get to do this with my kiddo's.

I know this has been answered but I wanted to add one other thing. I was there in June and I asked about Tink. The CM told me that she had been already been woken up but that we could call her. I am 26 but two little girls were in there as well. They asked me if I minded if they called her. Of course I said no...and honestly the looks on their faces were worth going in and asking. They called to Tink....well it was special but I shall not ruin the suprise. So even if Tink has been woke up, you might still be able to see her!!

Does anyone have a tip to having your family ride in the DW parades?

1987 --1st time
1994 --Honeymoon
2001 --3rd time with in laws
2004 --4th time with our 2 1.2 year old
2007 --5th time with our 5 year old
2008 --6th time celebrating my birthday and our daughters 6th
2010 --7th time CAN"T WAIT bringing husbands Aunt and Uncle

I love this thread. However, it did take me most of the day to get through it. Does anyone know if we can start a new one and just cut and paste the last set of tips that were combined? It is very old and it would be great if we could get more current tips added. Things that Disney did back in 08 may not still exist in 2010. We need more people who just came back to join in and give comments and tips. That is what I love about the disboard.

For example, I did hear they changed some things in food service because of the free dining plan.....like eliminating the straws. They may have brought that back since the free dining program ended. Also, It would have been great to avoid reading the whole Birthday Pin debate.....no offense. I have my own opinion but its off topic.

Maybe someone knows of a more current thread from 08-09? I have been searching most of the day. This is the only one I could find. I would love to add some tips myself.....but we did the cruise last year so I'm not sure what we experienced ourselves would still exist this year.

Thoughts or advice?

I think you are refering to the the fountain at Universal Studios IOA. I can't place one anywhere on Disney property from memory. Chances are with all the H.P. renovations going on that area might have been changed.

It was a blast my three boys had a great time with it.

No they are talking about the talking water fountain next to the bathroom in front of the Land...
When you drink from it you hear a little person inside the drain talking to you..

But when we were there in Dec it was not working anymore.. So sad!! :confused:

I love this thread. However, it did take me most of the day to get through it. Does anyone know if we can start a new one and just cut and paste the last set of tips that were combined? It is very old and it would be great if we could get more current tips added. Things that Disney did back in 08 may not still exist in 2010. We need more people who just came back to join in and give comments and tips. That is what I love about the disboard.

For example, I did hear they changed some things in food service because of the free dining plan.....like eliminating the straws. They may have brought that back since the free dining program ended. Also, It would have been great to avoid reading the whole Birthday Pin debate.....no offense. I have my own opinion but its off topic.

Maybe someone knows of a more current thread from 08-09? I have been searching most of the day. This is the only one I could find. I would love to add some tips myself.....but we did the cruise last year so I'm not sure what we experienced ourselves would still exist this year.

Thoughts or advice?

There is "Gifts of a Lifetime" our lady was "Jane" They help organize special surprise events for you at Disney. As an example they arranged a treasure hunt for me(hubby paid for their services) There was a few things I would have changed but over all it was fun and certainly worth recommending to folks. They do all types of themes and stuff. There is a staff working together and can pull off some pretty cool things, if you are looking for a special day/surprise for someone.

How do you go about doing this?

I haven't seen this posted yet, but you can also ride in the wheelhouse on the Liberty Belle at WDW and the Mark Twain at Disneyland. Just ask a CM when you get there. At Disneyland I was allowed to ring the bell and blow the horn, while at WDW only allowed to "drive" the boat. It gives you some great one on one time with a CM.=QUOTE]

Our Boy's did this on our tri to Disneyland. They were able to drive the boat and ring the bell. They were each given a certificate as well.

They do something similar to this at the WL, but it wasn't the first person down the pool.

The slide opens at 10a. We were at the pool earlier than that. The lifeguard asked DS5 is he wanted to be sheriff for the day. They gave him a badge a cowboy hat, photo and certificate. He was allowed to be the first one down the slide "to make sure it was save from the bad guys", then when he lands in the water, give the thumbs up sign, the life guards blow their whistles and say "slide's safe everyone". Then the slide is open for the day. DS was also in charge of making sure no one was running on the deck. A responsbility he took a bit too seriously. :rotfl:

Do they do this at all WDW Resorts??

I am unable to send a PM (or at least can't figure it out if I can)... would you mind emailing me the list at jennifer_lorraine at yahoo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy's Mom
They do something similar to this at the WL, but it wasn't the first person down the pool.

The slide opens at 10a. We were at the pool earlier than that. The lifeguard asked DS5 is he wanted to be sheriff for the day. They gave him a badge a cowboy hat, photo and certificate. He was allowed to be the first one down the slide "to make sure it was save from the bad guys", then when he lands in the water, give the thumbs up sign, the life guards blow their whistles and say "slide's safe everyone". Then the slide is open for the day. DS was also in charge of making sure no one was running on the deck. A responsbility he took a bit too seriously.

Do they do this at all WDW Resorts??

Don't know if you got an answer for this but last summer we arrived super early at POP & our room was'nt ready so we sat at one of the tables by the Hippy Dippy Pool for awhile. The big flower sprinklers were not on yet & then several life guards with pyscedelic(?) wigs on came out & picked a small child to say some magic words or something so the sprinklers would come on.

098.jpg

099.jpg

The lifeguards at Coronado Springs also do a fun pool opening ceremony at 10 am. Will try and find my photos to post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter