Things Disney Offers But Doesn't Advertise *Summary Added Oct 08*

Ok here are some we found
If you eat breakfast at the ak rainforest cafe in the morning they have a door to the park If you time it right you can beat standing in line and get a jump on the crowd.

My daughter likes to trade pins so she asked a cm to trade at the bridge going from main street to the center of mk he was standing on the lh side of the bridge. This cm picks the grand marshals of the parade never hurts to be out going.

There is a light parade that goes around the lake resorts at mk there are several good places to see this.

Pin trading this is a whole sub culture at disney parks. But I must say has been fun for my girls The cm with green lanyards is for kids only no adults are alowed to trade with them.

The other thing is never be afraid to ask about something you never know what you may find out, example was on our 03 trip we noticed a building when we came in on the mono rail to epcot so we walked down and asked what it was. A cm said it was a new ride and asked if we would like a sneak peak, long story short we rode mission space before it was open to public. That is the biggest key to disney is to ask questions to cm you never know what you might stumble into

I don't know if it was mentioned before but its kinda fun. A CM (Melanie Mouse) shared a few secrets of the park. If you spend time looking around in the Pirates gift shop, there are 2 actual movie props in there that were used in the Pirates movies. 1 is the actual pirate gold medallion that Elizibeth Swan wore in the first movie. It's up high on a shelf. The 2nd is the key to Davy Jones chest. It's also up high on the opposite side of the room. Very cool to see something so small and yet so fun.

They don't always choose the first child there either. We were there a few months ago and my DD was the first child in the store for Tink. The CMs waited until about 10 little girls were there, and then picked one to do the honors. My DD was quited bummed.

That said, another woman waiting for the rope to drop at the Castle (so her DD could ride Dumbo, LOL) that morning said they come to WDW often, and that the Moms can be horrible - running over kids and elbowing them out of the way so that they can get there first to let Tink out. Maybe that is why the CM's don't always choose the first child there.

ETA: I just read Rob's post and agree - it's not that big of a deal. When my DD saw what "waking Tink up" entailed, she realized she didn't miss much. I reinforced that idea, plus the fact that she was *first* even if she wasn't chosen, and other exciting things would happen on the trip. After 10 minutes she was fine and never mentioned it the rest of the trip!

My 5 year old nephew was in Tinkerbell's Treasures just before Wishes one night in early December and the CM's asked him if he'd like to release Tink for her big fireworks show. He loved it! They had no idea they'd do that, but he was just being a good boy and they offered it to him. I guess you never know when the magic might happen!

I agree about finding the paintbrushes on Tom Saywers Island. My 12 year old son had so much fun looking for and finding them. We found a bunch and took pictures and then put them back. We turned one in so we could get the fast pass and deputy badge. It's free and is a nice memory. :wizard:

where are the paint brushes hidden and do you have to be like, the first person to get on Tom Sawyer's Island in order to get one?:confused3 I tried to find one with my daughters, but by the time we got there, they were all gone, and it was only 10:am!

Last month I got a diver to hold up an anniversary sign and a personalized menu for FREE at Coral Reef. My dh was even more excited about it than I thought he would be.

Also, one day at Epcot, there were two cm's standing outside a fence in Canada/UK yelling for one more little girl to come have tea with Alice. I yelled "I have one" and they gave us a cute little invitation to have tea with Alice only of course my dd decided she couldn't go because the white rabbit might be there and she is terrified of "head characters". I was sooooo bummed. But I figured it was crossing a line to force her to have tea with Alice so I could go! Anyone know if they do this regularly of if it was part of the flower and garden thing?

Yes, they do it regularrly for the flower and garden festival and I think they do it for easter also. Don't quote me on that, I'm not entirely sure!:laughing:

there's a talking trashcan at electric umbrella, yes. i amuse myself with it every time i eat there.

I remember the talking trash can I was so suprised at first he commated it said on my shirt guesss and it was red whit and blue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter