Things Disney Offers But Doesn't Advertise *Summary Added Oct 08*

Has anyone updated the lists recently? Just wondering because I still see some things like riding up front in the monorail and waking up Tinker Bell still included....?

It would be nice for this to be updated. i don't want to look foolish asking about something that doesn't exist any more!

I guess the only way to find out if some of these neat experiences are still valid is to go out and give it a try. I don't think it will be foolish at all if I ask and it turns out some of this stuff is D/C'd.

Plus I'm looking forward to stumbling on something that I can add to this thread after our trip in August!

This is just a friendly reminder for those wishing to subscribe, please use the "Thread Tools" link in the bar just above the first post at the top of the page. Click on "Thread Tools", and in the drop-down box that appears select "Subscribe to this thread" (I think it's the last of three menu options). If you're already subscribed to a thread, the option changes to "Unsubscribe from this thread". This way you don't inconvenience everyone else who has already subscribed to the thread (we get a notice that a new message has been posted, then are a little disappointed that it's just a "subbing" comment).

We understand that not everyone is aware of the Thread Tool, so it's not a big deal and no on needs to reply to this post. Most online forums (not just the DIS) have a similar tool.

Thanks!

Has anyone updated the lists recently? Just wondering because I still see some things like riding up front in the monorail and waking up Tinker Bell still included....?

I can tell you that it has been widely reported that since the accident a few years ago, there is no more riding in the front of the monorail. It was one of my daughters favorite memories, but those days are gone. Some have said that this is temporary. However, the lawyers will never sign off on this again after the drive was killed.

Great list! Will have to do some research to see if they are still valid, but a definite THANKS for all these ideas!

Does anyone know if they still do a tea party? I thought there was one with Alice or something?

Does anyone know if they still do a tea party? I thought there was one with Alice or something?
The Wonderland Tea Party is at the Grand Floridian, with Alice and the Mad Hatter. DD9 has been doing it every year for the past 5 years or so. It's changed over the years. The characters used to spend a lot more time with the kids. DD said that last year they weren't there for very long at all. :sad2:

It's an hour long, and I think it's $40 now, plus tax. The kids get cupcakes and tea (which I think is really juice), photos (photopass) and autographs (bring your autograph book). Back when DD first started going, it was $30, they got sandwiches, juice tea, fruit and cupcakes. Their photo was given to them at the end of the party (a polaroid) in a cardboard souvenir frame, which the characters autographed. Last year DD came home with a junky foam frame that she made (with the CMs, instead of the extra character time they used to do), that looks like something from Oriental Trading Co. It is only big enough to hold about a wallet-sized photo. It didn't come with a photo.

If your kids have never been to the party before, then they will probably enjoy it, not knowing what they're missing. DD doesn't want to go back though, because she does know what she's missing. ;)

I was at the Grand Floridan last month to get myself a good gawk at the gingerbread house. There was a "Little Princess Tea" going on in the lobby at the time.

we love :
-the pick an oyster in japan
-changing the color of aurora's dress at castle couture
-outdoor movies at the disney resort
-getting pixie dust at BBB even when we are just passing by and aren't there for a makeover
-the hair paint/gel and mickey confetti at main street barber shop-dance
-contests at marketplace at dtd
-the dus driver trading cards
-mousekeeping arranging our disney plush animals in the window of our resort rooms to welcome us back each afternoon
-the twist at everything pop
-pool games for kids in the afternoons at the resort
-hula hoops and games while waiting for parades

hope to revive this thread and hear some other more recent things that dissers enjoy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!